News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Switching Over

Started by Shabazz46, February 24, 2017, 01:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shabazz46

Hey people. I just bought a new laptop that's much needed. I've installed FFVTTR on this one, as I had done on the old one. The thing is, I have created a LOT of hero files for characters on the older one. Is there SIMPLE way to import those files to the new one without a great amount of work? Thanks in advance.

spydermann93

You can find all of your custom heroes in your "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes" folder. Just copy them over to the same folder on your laptop and you should be good to go!

The only think is make sure that you have all of the meshes and FX that they used installed. Also, if you used FFX3, make sure you install that too so that their attribute show up and work properly.

Shabazz46

The only sub-folder I see listed in Custom is characters. No listing for heroes.

Edited: GOG version, if it helps...

spydermann93

Seems like you're looking in your :ffvstr: "Custom\Art\library\characters" directory. That is not the place that you need to look; all custom hero files are stored in a separate location. The Custom folder that I am referring to is located in your Users folder.

You need to follow this path exactly: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes" where username is the account that you are currently signed in on your computer. This is not the base directory for your installation.

For example, say my computer account was "Spyder". I would go to my C: Drive, find my Users folder, open the "Spyder" folder, and then proceed down the path that I specified.

I hope that clears up the confusion. :)

daglob

Don't they need to be converted through something like EZHero? I'm interested in knowing also because I lost all my FFv3R herofiles.

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, each one will have to be done individually, plus you'l have to adjust the File Path as well (I think).

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on February 24, 2017, 05:13:12 AM
Don't they need to be converted through something like EZHero? I'm interested in knowing also because I lost all my FFv3R herofiles.

Only if you are moving hero files from :ff: over to :ffvstr:. Although, if your install directory is different, you will have to change where your mesh is located, which can be a tad annoying, especilly if you have a lot of hero files.

Beats having to recreate them all, though.

SickAlice

What spyderman said. Also a good time saving trick is make a shortcut to that folder in your work one or the  :ffvstr: directory. Then you want have to go dig it up each time. If they're in that App directory your program will automatically recognize them. However you may have to adjust the paths to the nifs within the hero files if those are no longer using the exact path as they did before. Honestly another silver lining to my hard drive crash is when I set up this time I minimized all of my files so I only have the ones I'm working with at any given time. I just too much stuff to scan through each time before.