News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 114 - Black Lightning

Started by Podmark, February 26, 2017, 04:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Black Lightning's modern costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

There's a lot of talk about a Black Lightning TV show lately, so we'll do a Black Lightning costume this week:

This costume was the last he wore before the New 52.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

4: I liked that costume a lot.  It's good, sleek, and definitely conveys his concept, but I think it's not quite perfect.  I'm not sure what it needs, but I think a tweak could make it fantastic.

Of course, it loses something without the detachable afro. ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Ouflah

I like it. Something seems off about the mask, but otherwise I like it.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

Tomato

I like this costume, but I don't like this artwork of it, if that makes sense. It's sleek, simple, and reflective of the character's history. I'm not a total fan of how it steals Wally's belt, but he's a fellow DC hero so I imagine they go to the same tailor.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on February 26, 2017, 05:25:20 PM
but I don't like this artwork of it

Finding good full body shots can be tricky  :unsure:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Oh no, I'm not blaming you on this one. I actually tried to get one myself when I was writing the post, but I gave up on it pretty quickly. But it was worth pointing out that the artwork, particularly on the mask, was not a proper representation of the costume compared to other artists who have also done the same design.

That said, I originally gave it a 5 in the poll, but in hindsight I may drop that to a 4. It's definitely a solid design, but it's by no means a perfect one.

Podmark

Interesting - Black Lightning's costume is so far universally liked. Pretty rare for Costume Ratings (I feel like it needs a catchier name).

I gave it a Like as well. It's a solid look, very streamlined.
The downside for me is it's really simple (I could probably skin it in an hour). It looks like it could use a little extra something to make a memorable.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on March 04, 2017, 12:10:53 AM
It looks like it could use a little extra something to make a memorable.

Two words: Detachable. Afro.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Yeah, the shiny head is a little too much. When did bald become cool? I remember all these things to keep from losing your hair...

detourne_me

Quote from: daglob on March 04, 2017, 06:13:04 AM
Yeah, the shiny head is a little too much. When did bald become cool? I remember all these things to keep from losing your hair...
Jean-Luc Picard and Stone Cold Steve Austin?
I guess mid 90s? Heheh

daglob

I thought about Picard when I wrote that, but he is one of the few. Kind of like Yul Brynner.

Ouflah

"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

daglob

Vin Diesel too (hey, Vinnie seems to have played a little D&D from what he said on James Corden the other night).