News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Keyframes Distorting Meshes

Started by John Jr., March 02, 2017, 10:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

I need help from our keyframes-masters.
I was trying to skope a smaller mesh ob Gren's Superman and ended with a very distorted mesh (he have a really long neck, among other issues). I tried to use the kfs with other mesh and got the same problem. I tried SickAlice's trick to adjust teen meshes to adult ones, but with no avail. There is any way to adjust to kfs to work with a smaller mesh without distortion?
Thanks in advance.

Cyber Burn

Not sure how to fix that problem, but have you tried shrinking Gren's Superman Mesh to get the size you want?

John Jr.

My bad, CB, as "smaller" I wanted to say smaller and less muscular, something more "male basic" than "male muscular".

Cyber Burn

Got it. In that case, I would probably suggest looking at Gren's newer Meshes. I think you'd have a better chance of success that way.

John Jr.

I tested it with different Gren's meshes, with no luck. But I'm still trying to find a way.

WyldFyre

Tomato made some different sized models that could be skoped in. They are at his section of Heroforce.  http://heroforce.freedomforceforever.com/tomato.html

Look under "Base Meshes".
For Freedom!

John Jr.

Thanks, WF.
I used Tomato's base meshes before, but unfortunately this time it's a keyframes issue. If I copy the KFs to another folder to use them with a different mesh I got the distortion too. The only way to fix it would be edit the KFs, but I have no idea how to do it.

detourne_me

It would be a VERY time intensive practice to edit the keyframes. you would have to change all of the numbers of all of the translation keys. If you are married to Grenadiers Superman Keyframes, the only other option would be re-weighting the mesh to Gren's in Blender. By doing that you would be able to get the exact proportions that you want, though.

John Jr.

Thanks for the tip, DM.
I don't have the slightest idea how to do any of them, so I'll have to change the keyframes set.
Once again, thanks to all of you for your help, guys.