News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 118: Classic Storm

Started by Podmark, March 26, 2017, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Classic Storm's costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

By subtle request, this week we'll do Giant Size era Storm:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

5: I really didn't like this one all that much when I was younger, but it has grown on me tremendously, so much so, in fact, that sharp eyed players may notice that this is now the version of Storm that shows up in Marvel Adventures.  Nonetheless, it is a wonderfully unique and distinctive costume, and it fits the character pretty much perfectly.  It captures the elegance and regalness of her personality, as well as fitting her powers in color-scheme.  The All-New X-Men are, for the most part, a pretty perfect set of costumes.  They fit Marvel and that team just about perfectly, and they look great together.  It's not as good a fit as the JLA, but it's up there.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

I went with Dislike. I've never liked this costume (actually I don't care much for many of Storm's costumes). A big part of it is that it looks like a bathing suit, that rarely does much for me.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

As I indicated in the Nightcrawler thread that started this, I am not overly fond of this one. In my mind, it's easily the weakest of the GSX designs. I gave it a solid Meh... I don't hate it or even dislike it, but I also don't like it. I'm a much bigger fan of later costumes she's had, such as the white version of the Jim Lee costume I grew up with in the 90s cartoon, or the semi-recent back/yellow costume (It's referred to as "modern" in Marvel Heroes, but that's not really accurate anymore) which blended classic elements, without being... well, frankly, as fanservicey as this one was.

daglob

I feel the version of this costume that John Byrne drew was the best, the cape was more like wings than ever.

Cyber Burn

Not my favorite by any means, but she has had worse. "Meh" it is.