Community Forums > Film, Television, Video and Music Discussion

The worst movie you ever saw... Necroposting

(1/21) > >>

daglob:
What is the worst movie you ever saw? Why?

There are always the old standbys, “Plan 9” and “Manos, the Hands of Fate”, but what about “Invasion of the Star Creatures”, “Bride of the Atom”, “At Long Last Love”, or “High Yellow”? Do you cringe at the antics of The Ritz Brothers, or feel queasy at anything by John Waters? Do you despise anything touched by Larry Buchanan or Ray Dennis Steckler? Maybe it's Mexican wrestler movies that turn your stomach. Or, do you have an opinion that is contrary to most? When you hear those bleeping dwarfs start up "Hi Ho", you hie yourself to a hole and hole up (all because of D&D incident back in '96). Maybe there is nothing that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away that you care to see.

My choice is "Curse of the Swamp Creature”. It is a truly bad movie, with little in the way of production values to recommend it. Most of the actors walk around like they are zombies, and while there is a kind of voodoo subplot, it has nothing to do with it. The only real actor, John Agar says his lines like is his tired and wants to go home. The worst offender is a guy who gets swallowed by quicksand. It is like he said to himself "with this bunch, no one is going to notice me, unless I turn the worst performance of the movie". He really tries.

Deaths Jester:
Okay, first off, I love "Plan 9 From Outer Space"!

As for the worst? "Godzilla's Revenge" takes it hands down. Bloody thing is super slow, every monster has been cutified to appeal to the kids, and it's so over the top campy it makes your brain hurt. This film was made to torture folks, not entertain!

daglob:

--- Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 05, 2017, 01:42:41 AM ---Okay, first off, I love "Plan 9 From Outer Space"!

As for the worst? "Godzilla's Revenge" takes it hands down. Bloody thing is super slow, every monster has been cutified to appeal to the kids, and it's so over the top campy it makes your brain hurt. This film was made to torture folks, not entertain!

--- End quote ---

Who doesn't love "Plan 9"? It's just always on the list of "worst movies". I respect everything Ed Wood and Ray Dennis Steckler ever made; usually you can sit there and watch the things even if you keep repeating "Oh, man, this is bad" and laugh at the "serious" parts. "Godzilla's Revenge" was on Svengoolie recently (last week?), and much was made of how cute and slow everything was. I've managed to block most of it out of my mind, except for Godzookie I mean Minya talking like a cross between Beaky Buzzard and Goofy (and not in a good way).

Maybe we can do a poll if we can get up a good list.

Deaths Jester:
It was on last week's Svenghoolie. Tonight it's "Wolfman of London".

HarryTrotter:
Oh yeah,Godzilla's Revenge was bad.The stock footage...
As for worst ever...DeepStar Six.Its not even a funny bad movie,its just a terrible ripoff of Alien.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version