News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 116: Superman Blue

Started by Podmark, March 11, 2017, 08:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the Superman Blue look?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

This week we'll look at an alternate Superman - the Blue version.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Ouflah

This is a design that would be a great costume for someone... but it just doesn't fit Superman's character.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

Tomato

Yeah... I agree with Ouflah. It's a solid design, well put together... it's just not a Superman design.

daglob

Deaths Jester

Didn't they turn this version of Supes into a female for a time? If so, it worked better on a female than it did on a male.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BentonGrey

Ouflah pretty much hit the nail on the head.  It's a fine costume, but it's not Superman.  I'd give it a 4 in general, and a 2 as a Superman costume.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oldmanwinters

Everybody on the internet wants to debate: Who would win in a Superman vs. Goku fight?

But this is a good reminder that American comic book icons shouldn't feel the need to constantly "level up" their powers like a manga/anime saga. 

That said, I've only read parts of this arc, but would love to sit through the whole thing one day just to see how DC handled the experiment.

Glitch Girl

oldmanwinters, this may be of interest to you
http://comicsalliance.com/electric-bluegaloo-superman-electric-blue-year/

It's the first of a series of articles detailing the entire Superman Blue run.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Ouflah

"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

oldmanwinters

Haha, that cover is great!  I love the crazy insanity of old Superman comics.

I think the first time I ever heard of "Superman Red" was in the old Superman arcade game that featured him as an unexplained Player 2.

Quote from: Glitch Girl on March 14, 2017, 03:12:51 PM
oldmanwinters, this may be of interest to you
http://comicsalliance.com/electric-bluegaloo-superman-electric-blue-year/

It's the first of a series of articles detailing the entire Superman Blue run.
Thanks for that!

Podmark

I agree with others, this is a pretty solid alternate Superman. Not ideal for a traditional Superman, but cool for short term circumstances or some kind of alternate universe idea.

I believe the female version was Strange Visitor.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Quote from: Podmark on March 14, 2017, 11:52:36 PM
I agree with others, this is a pretty solid alternate Superman. Not ideal for a traditional Superman, but cool for short term circumstances or some kind of alternate universe idea.

I believe the female version was Strange Visitor.

Does she get boosted resistance to energy attacks?