News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Classic turtle power

Started by Wooshi, March 11, 2017, 09:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooshi

can any body do a better version of classic tmnt turtles (80s and orginal)?

daglob

Quote from: Wooshi on March 11, 2017, 09:22:45 PM

Them's fightin' woids. Have you seen both the versions from Benton's mod and the newer ones from Sick Alice?

Cyber Burn

I've ignored some of your other posts which have come across as sounding a bit disrespectful, but when I see comments like this, where someone asks for a "Better" version of something that already exists, I personally don't appreciate that. If you're that unhappy with the FREE content that our Community's awesome creators have put their heart and soul into making, then that pretty much leaves you with three options:

1.) Don't use those Characters, there's Thousands others to choose from.
2.) Start reading the Tutorials, and then learn to create content on your own.
3.) Give a sincere, public apology to every Content Creator that you may have offended with this comment, and then see if they would be willing to forgive and forget long enough to fill your Request.                                                                             

detourne_me

Quote from: daglob on March 11, 2017, 10:11:40 PM

Them's fightin' woids. Have you seen both the versions from Benton's mod and the newer ones from Sick Alice?
... mine as well...

daglob

Didn't mean to exclude you, DM. Hey, I just found some by Titan136 at an archive of NPI.

detourne_me

Oh, no worries.
I just figured that someone checking the releases or promotio. Forums should be able to see my threads in the top 10, also listing TMNT.

Titan136's skins are still brilliant to this day. I love the subtle color differences between the turtles.
I think Revenant's are the ones included in Benton's mod. So innovative, especially for the time when they were released. I love how he and, i think Style had skoped an animated plane for Michelangelo's nunchucks.

Deaths Jester

This is off topic, so sorry about it...I miss Titan136. Him, Car, and myself were talking about doing a major collab for NPI before Titan and Car disappeared. Always wished we had gotten to do that. Come to think about it, I miss Car too. We had such fun collabs going when he disappeared. Thanks for reminding me of the past and all, guys...

On the topic, I'm avoiding drama so I'll be going now...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

Off topic, while I didn't get to know them on a personal level, I have mad respect for both of them on a creative level. Titan's attention to detail was, and still is truly top notch. While Carravaggio had some very innovative ideas when it came to Character concepts. I actually saved some of the Pics from his thread at the FR Archive, and had been debating whether or not to ask if you would be interested in trying to replicate a few of them. I've been sitting on those Pics for maybe two or three years now, wasn't sure how people would feel about something like that.

On topic, for the most part, I've said my piece. Just read what you write before you post it, and try to remember that you don't want to insult the people that you're asking favors from.

And on that note, anything else could be discussed via PM.

Deaths Jester

Drop me a PM, CB, about those pics and we'll talk some.

Wooshi

Sorry. i didn't mean to sound mean :(.

BentonGrey

Howdy Wooshi.  New users make mistakes because they don't understand the nature of this community.  It happens.

It's just important to remember that EVERYTHING that is here is available because awesome folks created it, just out of the kindness of their hearts.  They don't get any kind of material gain from it.  It's all just a labor of love.  Because of that, we try really hard to respect the artists who have made this community great, and we try not to denigrate anyone's contributions, even by comparison.  Heaven knows that every skinner who's ever released anything is both much braver and vastly more skilled than I am.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

And there is a lot of stuff out there. What you might should have asked was it there were more recent skins/meshes than you have, or just ask what is out there for the Ninja Turtles. That is why I asked my question. Sick Alice and Detourne-me have some they released recently (last year or so?), and there is Benton's TMNT mod, which has a lot of characters. Titan's were done around 2004, which means they might could stand to be on an updated mesh, and I'm sure there are other characters by other creators that I've missed.

You see, meshes, scopes, and skins are being done constantly, and just because you've got, say, a Generic Turtle69 mesh and some skins doesn't mean that you have the most recent versions. Besides, there is no telling what someone may be working on (which reminds me, I gotta get Benton that Punk Frog)...

Wooshi

sorry is there a classic turtle skin for tmnt Impoerted from xnalara?

detourne_me

Both SickAlice and I have imported turtle meshes as Daglob said, please check the releases or promotions forums.

SickAlice

I wasn't going to weigh in but think I should. First off thank you to any of you that jumped in my defense here. Your're all great friends and I'm not even joking that having you here for me has helped me make it through some tough times. Yeah even you DJ, your a hoot and I appreciate the clowns in life.

As for your opinion it's yours and I get it. You saw those new TMNT Legends models and they're much better than mine. And I mean wow I play that game everyday! But the people that make their models are educated at the best art school and dedicate their full time to this as well they have a whole team working on their stuff. Added in this case the parent company actually provides them with models that are used in the television show itself (so note, always put Viacoms copyright in any conversion you do). That said I put a lot of hard work into my Turtle models at a time I was still learning to model and was pretty heartbroken by what I read here. I'll be okay mind you, I found out some of my work here actually got noticed by a professional online and inspired some of their in game models (I'll let you all guess which but I'm proud of that.).

We're seeing many of these requests now where a player wants a character directly from one game into Freedom Force. There's a big explosion in game extraction right now tied into both modding as well the rising popularity of 3d printing. I'm fortunate to also be part of all that (just uploaded every single 3d model from TMNT Rooftop Run on a different site last night). And who wouldn't want to use this game engine and those models to make their own game, hell it's a massive compliment to it that the Freedom Force game engine is still one of the single most customizable and user friendly game engines in existence (so if your reading this people who made it, take a bow again). And it's great that we not only are still standing as a community here but actually have new blood coming in to date.

But understand some things now. This conversion requesting is pretty new to most of us here. We only recently were all taught how to even do it by others and are still learning the ropes ourselves. More though this community prides itself on our handcrafted work. I do conversions but to be honest I hate it because Freedom Force is where I model myself, texture myself and program myself. It's all practice for me as a 3d design student and learning from the other peoples here. This using other game models is in other words sort of taboo here. Hence the reaction you found yourself in.

It stands to reason that your the kind of person though that's going to have many requests for direct models from games. So I'm going to say it's in your best interest to learn how to do it yourself. Ask anyone here it will seem hard...at first, but once you get the process it will be a snap. Here is a link to a tutorial to get you started:
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55261.0

And here's a version of that tutorial I cleaned up and made easier to navigate:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/rdays/rdays.html

Lastly here's a link to my friends Sketchfab account. He's extracting all the models you mentioned. I'm working with him on this and my page is also linked to his, though most of my extracted game models will instead be hosted at the Models-Resource site:
https://sketchfab.com/Bionicsix88/models

Otherwise do not be discouraged by causing a bit of friction here. The number one reason this community still stands is these are some of the best, most passionate and most understanding and patient people you can find on the net. Your welcome here friend. Take it from me, I used to be one the biggest trolls here, usually I had to be put in the corner for coming on drunk and tearing into people over complete nonsense. But from that I have personal belief that everyone has potential and have faith in you that you will grow into a valuable member of community. Some day you'll be sharing things here that just blow our minds and that none of us could ever figure out how to do. And hey, no offense taken!  :thumbup: <--- we need a handshake emoticon, just saying.  ;)

G'day everyone and stay awesome. I'll have a bunch of Freedom Force things coming for soon.

Wooshi

Yep those are the ones but I don't know if i'll ever be able to make my own.

Deaths Jester

...I get put in the corner when I post sober...just saying...

SickAlice

Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 15, 2017, 03:30:19 AM
...I get put in the corner when I post sober...just saying...

Ha. I hear you. Well I don't drink anymore but I used to be jazzed 95% of any given time. Seriously though I appreciate the humor you bring to the forum.
To quote Roger Rabbit:  'A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have.'

spydermann93

DJ is our very own Tiny Rick :P

deanjo2000

The rest of us are just Mortys  :P
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

spydermann93

As long as we aren't Jerry's, I'm good with it :lol:

SickAlice

It goes without saying that he's the Rickest Rick in the Multiverse.  ;)