News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FFX Question

Started by daglob, March 14, 2017, 01:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

It's been so long since I set it up originally, I can't remember how to make FFv3R start in FFX. I've looked through the readme's in the game, and I don't see anything. What do I need to do?

spydermann93

It should have created a shortcut when you installed it. But if it didn't, then just copy your :ffvstr: shortcut. If you are using Steam, go to your :ffvstr: directory, right-click on the ffvt3r.exe and select "Create shortcut". Rename the shortcut to whatever you want.

With your new shortcut, right-click on it and select "Properties". Make your "Target" and "Start in" lines look like this:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game ffx3 -log

Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\ffx3\..\"

daglob

Discoking090

So does know how I can make the summon attribute in ffx for :ff: to summon my custom characters, or the angelic ally one or how Mass control can be used to turn into other forms.

Discoking090

I'm monkeying with private army, settings and I cannot figure out how to make my own custom minions as options in the ffx editor. I have not found the manual helpful, would anybody have less technical directions and walk me through how to do this, also for some reason the campaign method of combining, shapeshifter characters and temp form characters isn't sticking, anything I may be forgetting, a common mistake perhaps or misinterpretaion of the manual? Also will this then be the functional default form 1 in the danger room or does it not carry over?

daglob

If I remember  correctly, you can use EZHero from Alex's Freedom Fortress, you open the file, choose "Send To Dat" and on "Template Class" hit the arrow for the pull down and choose "Game_Object_Minion", then click on the "Send To Dat" button. This should cause the minion or summoned character to show up in the list of summon-able characters in the editor. Don't try this until someone else comments on this; It's been a long time and I haven't re-set up FFv3R yet, and FF1 still doesn't work, so I'm going from memory. I would have asked to be sure before I re-did all the minions and summon-able characters.

Discoking090

Quote from: daglob on November 08, 2017, 11:47:45 PM
If I remember  correctly, you can use EZHero from Alex's Freedom Fortress, you open the file, choose "Send To Dat" and on "Template Class" hit the arrow for the pull down and choose "Game_Object_Minion", then click on the "Send To Dat" button. This should cause the minion or summoned character to show up in the list of summon-able characters in the editor. Don't try this until someone else comments on this; It's been a long time and I haven't re-set up FFv3R yet, and FF1 still doesn't work, so I'm going from memory. I would have asked to be sure before I re-did all the minions and summon-able characters.

So what path do I set EZhero to, or is that discussed in the resource files in the yahoo group?

daglob

You set it to the character folders. My setup is non-standard, so what I did will not apply to your arrangement.  In EZHero, you can set the directories under the Tools>Settings menu.

Discoking090

did Taskmaster X make his mod stuff for  :ff: and if yest where can one obtain them.

Discoking090