News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Lost SFX

Started by daglob, March 15, 2017, 02:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

They aren't really lost, but...

Okay, as some of you know I lost my hard drive. In the process of getting another hard drive, my secondary drive, Drive D, got displaced to Drive F. Right now, none of the SFX in FFX show up, in the game. The thing is, 'way back when I installed FFv3R I installed it on the C drive and moved it to the D drive. This has created some problems, since some of the SFX couldn't  find their 'nifs because they were looking on the C drive. Now, somehow, lo, those many years ago, I did something to make the SFX look on the D drive, and while it wasn't perfect, it did work.

Does someone know what I would have had to do? I know I didn't go through and change them individually, so there must have been some easy way to fix it.

BentonGrey

Gah, sorry DG, the only thing I'd know to do would be to change them individually.   :(

Wait, silly question: would reinstalling FFX work?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 15, 2017, 03:25:21 AM
Gah, sorry DG, the only thing I'd know to do would be to change them individually.   :(

Wait, silly question: would reinstalling FFX work?

Probably. Unless he has a bunch of custom FX.

Panther_Gunn

Before you get too far into changing things, have you considered changing the drive letter assignments?  Give whatever is D: right now a different letter, and give your old external disk the D: designation again.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

That's my preference. I was going to try that over the weekend.