Temporarily Down for the Count

Started by Cyber Burn, March 20, 2017, 04:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

So a while back, this hapened:

Re: Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 - New Release!!

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 06, 2017, 05:07:46 PM
:doh: Last night when I was updating to the current version, I didn't put the "/MA" at the end of the installation path. Everything went into my main  :ffvstr: Folder instead of a "MA" Folder. What a noob, boneheaded mistake. I haven't started to check out how much damage I did yet.

I hadn't run my Game since, so I never knew extent of the problems...So yeah, Friday I tried running the Game to try out some Skopes...and it didn't go well. Long story short, I'm basically doing a complete uninstall and starting over from scratch, which so far hasn't gotten me back up and running. So I'm down for the count, and I'm going to apologize to anyone that I had been in any stage of collaboration with or Request filling for, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, as I just don't have the time to devote to fixing this. Sorry guys.

deanjo2000

That sucked, no apologies needed though as you've given/helped a lot in this forum. Take your time and I'm sure things will get done when you've got the time.  Believe me I know what it's like having no time :(
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Deaths Jester

You need anything CB, let me know...I probably have some of the stuff you are looking for.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Yeah, as DJ said. And a lot of it you gave to us in the first place...

WyldFyre

Wow. That's a bummer. I did that once and beat my head against my desk for an hour. Okay maybe 30 seconds but still. Remember that re-install well. I swore never again. Annnnd..... I messed up the re-install and had to start again. But I got it that time.  :banghead:

Like they said, if you need anything just let us know.
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

Thanks guys, the re-install didn't go well, neither did the next one, or the next. Now I'm just trying to salvage all my custom stuff, and then I'll try a full un-install, ditch everything, and re-install from scracth, and see if that gets me anywhere. Of course, I have two Papers I should be working on instead, but...yeah... :banghead:

spydermann93

Which version of :ffvstr: are you trying to install? Disc, Steam, or GoG?

I hope that we can help you get this sorted out sooner rather than later. I know for me, :ffvstr: is an essential ga me that has to be on my computer.

On the same token, though, do try to finish those papers. If I know academic paper-writing, it's typically not fun to procrastinate on them (even though I was guilty of it 8 out of every 10 times :P).

Cyber Burn

I'm running the Disk with Windows 10. When I had installed it on this Computer, I was running either 8 or 8.1 (I don't remember now), but then I updated to 10. I think the only problems I had there were with Blender, which I eventually got figured out, at least enough for my purposes.

And then I went and pulled that bonehead move trying to install the updated MA Mod. My own stupidity, but I never got around to dealing with it until now, and now I'm paying for it. After these two Papers, I'll worry more about it.

spydermann93

Oddly enough, I think that I was having issues installing the disc version of :ffvstr: on my windows machine. I was able to get the Steam version working without any issue, though.

Cyber Burn

Well, I seem to have the bare bones basic game running. Unfortunately, in the process, I lost all of my custom (.dat) files. The Fx and Sounds (.dat) files hurt me the most. I also lost a lot of custom FX, many of which were unreleased. I had most of my Skins and Skopes backed up, enough, at least, to where I can live with it.

Everything else, I'm not going to stress over until after this Semester ends.

BentonGrey

Ohh man CB, I'm so sorry!  That's terrible!  I hope you can sort things out without too much pain, my friend.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

That'a terrible, CB. I'm sorry to hear it.
Please let me know if I can help anyway.

Cyber Burn

Thanks guys, definitely appreciate it.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know if my Avatar's FX are in the Marvel Adventures Mod? I'm going to install it eventually, but I'm trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and do it now, or if I should try to find everything I sent Alex. I figure, one way or another, I should be able to get a fair amount of my FX back.

spydermann93