FREEDOM FORCE ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE-16th Anniversary?

Started by daglob, March 26, 2017, 08:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

stumpy

Amazing number of variations on those characters!

That Mini-Me Manbot cracks me up. And, who knew how well Microwave's studies at the Tony Stark School of Design would turn out? ;-)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

daglob

Lessee... who's left? Iron Ox only has a couple of skins (since he is really Male Heavy), and there are Shadow and The Ant... one or two for Timemaster, and Deja Vu as an AIM agent...

daglob

Having trouble with Shadow; some of the skins are bleached out. I'll work on it.

daglob

Podmark

It's really crazy seeing all these different skins that were done on the original meshes. Skinners back then were very creative. I wouldn't trade then for now with our highly skoped accurate meshes but it's fun to look back.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

stumpy

Quote from: daglob on October 20, 2017, 04:45:52 PM
Lessee... who's left?
Liberty Lad? Were there alternates for Mentor, or did I miss them?

These are a hoot and a half to look at. :-)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

daglob

You must have missed Mentor; he's back a ways.

Speaking of Liberty Lad:

And some others:

Got Bucky, Snapper Carr, and Archie Andrews here.

There are Galactus and Thanos flanking Timemaster, and Atumma on the second row. I could have sworn I had a Doc Doom skin for Timemaster s.

Elvises and Dirty Harry...

As I said, all this creativity and ingenuity is impressive. While I included some of my skins, this is a salute to those who came before. As someone else said, we stand on their shoulders.

Deaths Jester

Wait...people stand on my shoulders?!? No wonder my back hurts!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

I've always had so much respect for our Community's Content Creators, but this really just ups that respect to a whole new level. But on that note, there are a lot of those that don't look familiar, I don't recognize them, so I might be putting in some Requests when things calm down.

Beware!!! Ego trip!!! - What's really cool, is actually seeing a few of my own Skins mixed in there. How awesome is that.

@ John Jr. - ForceDroid looks awesome, I can't wait to see what you and Benton are cooking up.

@ DJ - If you want us off your shoulders, then put the Vodka away, and get off the ground.   :P

daglob

There's Kato, General Hawk, The Red Skull and The Brigadier.

Lesley Thompkins, some Lois Lanes, a couple of Lucy Lanes, and Jimmy Olsen in drag.

The Kingpin, The Hulk, and The Thing.

daglob

I missed these. They are re-designs of El Diablo and Man-O'-War by Zuludelta. I included his updates of Law and Order in the group pictures above, and previously posted his Minuteman.

John Jr.

Some incredible variants, DG.
Thanks for posting.

daglob

This one is actually FFv3R, but it looks so neat.

daglob

UnkoMan

Oh man, I love you pulling these out of the woodwork.
I used to use the irrational meshes a lot, back in the day. Actually, I spot a few of mine in these pics.
A bunch of random civilians and thugs and stuff. Admittedly lots were just recolours and changing the face a bit.
(Did a really poor one on Red Oktober, that I'm only mentioning because you haven't posted her yet... http://sjhftac.comicgenesis.com/freedom/baba.html)

Some of these are so creative though, wow! Look at that Phantasm cartoon skin!

EDIT:
Whoa, spotted this Blackjack (plus) one.
http://sjhftac.comicgenesis.com/freedom/photon.html
Irrational had dope meshes.

daglob

I wasn't really planning to post the FFv3R variants; in a way, any of these will go on the appropriate 3R mesh, and there were so many dedicated meshes by the time 3R premiered that few new skins were done for the built-in FFv3R meshes... Then again, I did post Detourneme's Oconnor/Tombstone scope... I dunno, it would include the version of Marvel's Leader for the Blitzkrieg mesh... Maybe.

I've been hoping to see a little more participation.

detourne_me

Heheh. There are a few other ffv3r reskins, but i guess the community had built up enough to make custom meshes by then. No need to reskin the irrational meshes.  Although the Barbara Eden Green Genie skin was pretty great!

daglob

I looked through the built-ins for FFv3R and decided to go ahead and post the reskins for them. Besides Barbara Eden there are the ones by Unkoman (3 at last count), and a couple of others. I was only going to do the heroes, but I find several for the crooks (Timemaster and Blitzkreig, for instance). And this is about celebrating Freedom Force, so I really have no reason not to.

windblown

wow, that's a lot of variants!

Thanks for sharing daglob, I really enjoyed seeing them, I' didn't know that the original meshes had so many alternate skins done.

Deaths Jester

What's really interesting is how many of the Rorschach ones used the same mask faces I used on an animated version when FFVTTR came out....so weird...

daglob

Hey, I was just about to post them. Thanks! ;)

Although I see one I don't have...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on October 24, 2017, 02:19:39 AM

Although I see one I don't have...

The one with the Pistol was a quickie and was only meant to be a Template for For Nazis using single-handed weapons, which was why I didn't release him.

daglob

I was looking at the one with the Thompson.

This one has Afghan Ant's revision of Iron Ox.

UnkoMan

It's true, there was less need to use defaults after 3R came out, but I'm glad you are posting them!
There are some really cool ones I've never seen before! Tricolour! I remember now that I thought she had a very cool mesh.

What's that weird red faced Blitzkrieg? That's so familiar.
...wait, did I skin that? What is that from?

daglob

It's an alien scientist skinned by some guy called Unkoman...

Deaths Jester

What is really funny is that not a single one of my skins over the years that weren't direct reimages of FF charactes were ever on FF's character meshes. I always used the male_basic, cape, female, ect ones that came with the game. Weird...

daglob

Panther_Gunn

I see many I'll be requesting (once I double-check which ones I do have).  I'll just be patient until it looks like they've all been shown.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.