FREEDOM FORCE ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE-16th Anniversary?

Started by daglob, March 26, 2017, 08:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Was looking thru some old notes and ran across some of the loose ideas we had for the mod the above skins were going to be for.

Looks like we had the idea to have Komet appear in Sky King's outfit until the team completed the "Save Bullet" FF mission. After that, he'd appear in a costume like Bullet's to show a change in the time stream. Also, Pinstripe was going to be an Italian Nazi supporter and Law would be the successor to the Belle of Vichy.

Characters such as Quetzi, Green Genie, El Diablo, Order, Black Bird, and a few others were going to be either deceased or unpowered resistance fighters. Sokov and the Red Witch were members of the Resistance. Also looks like we were uncertain about Sea Urchin because I have notes about her being in the Resistance but I also have a Nazi alt version idea of her called Molluske.

The following characters we had come up with their Nazi counterparts names:

Minute Man - Sturmsoldat (wasn't a leader or Frank Stiles)
Ant - das Insekt
Tonbstone - Totenkopf
Man-Bot - das Maschine
Liberty Lad - H-J Held (H-J is short for Hitlerjugend, the kid military)
Eve - Naturemadchen
Alchemiss - die Hexe
Sea Urchin - Molluske?
Microwave - Todestrahl
Iron Ox - Panzerfaust

I've also got the names Partikeltreiber and das Gesetz but I've no idea who their FF equivelents are.

That's all I got folks. If MeshMatters was still around and I remembered my password (I don't), I might have more but this is all I got now.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

John Jr.

It's a very interesting alternate reality tale, DJ. It's a shame you couldn't finish it. Anyway, thanks for sharing the info.

daglob

I dunno, Iron Cow just sounds funny. Iron Oxette?

daglob

Grenadier's Punisher with a body transplant from Bearded-In-Lair's Freedom Fighter. I've never been able to get the FF1 version to work, but this looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Now DJ's put the bar so high, the rest of us are really gonna have to work.

And the characters Partikeltreiber and das Gesetz are Supercollider and Law.

Podmark

Very nice. Looks like more of a traditional soldier.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Using the Punisher Gren/Bearded scope, and creating a skin using the original Minuteman as a base, and some of Ink's ideas for his 2002 skins, here we have Minuteman 2017.

V2, with more red.

John Jr.

Excellent work, Daglob. He looks like "Ultimate Minuteman".

WyldFyre

Lovin' Minute Man, and how did I miss Iron Cow/Oxette?  :thumbup:

For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

Nice but wouldn't that be Minute Man 1995? Just saying. ;-)

spydermann93

Quote from: Deaths Jester on April 04, 2017, 12:56:35 AM
Nice but wouldn't that be Minute Man 1995? Just saying. ;-)

Nah. Not nearly enough useless pouches and cross-hatches :P

These are looking pretty darn spiffy, Glob!

daglob

This was a private project, I just realized that it was appropriate for the challenge. My pouchtastic '90s version is in the works (hands still shake too much).

And I didn't mention that Iron Oxette is a kittbashed skin utilizing the original Iron Ox skin. The final version will be original.

BentonGrey

Iron Oxette is fantastic, as is MM!  :D

DJ, this sounds quite awesome!  It's a shame it never came together.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

BG, combine the fact Tiobe disappeared just as we started really fleshing things out, the fact I don't know a lick about modding, and the fact we were going to try and insert the missions into the original game while also changing some of those missions...we probably were biting off more than we could chew to begin with.

Epimethee

Great work, guys!

Too bad Tiobe left... both for the mod, of course, and for the truly shameful lack of Oscar Wilde references since.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

Haha, well, perhaps, but it's still a shame, DJ.  Of course, I miss Tiobe in general, and you're right Epi, there is a shameful lack of Oscar Wilde references these days.  I'd praise you for plain speaking, but a man who can call a spade a spade should be forced to use one.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

God Bless

John Jr.

Looks like we'll have FF in the 70's after all.  :thumbup:
Great idea Benton, and let me know if you need any help.

spydermann93

BentonGrey

Thanks JJ, though I have no idea what you're talking about.  ;)

Spyder, maybe some day, but not any time soon.  :)

Apropos of nothing, anyone working on any of those 70s designs or some of their own?
God Bless

Deaths Jester

I "might" do something 70s flavoured...if I can ever get my comp running again.

As for missing Tiobe...yeah, I miss him quite a bit too. Course, there are quite a few blokes and blokettes that I've worked with here that I miss. Guess that's what I get for hanging around too long.

Cyber Burn

:ph34r:     I actually started a "Freedom Force" Rally FX, but time is just a bit on the limited side lately.

John Jr.

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 05, 2017, 03:03:36 AM
Thanks JJ, though I have no idea what you're talking about.  ;)

Spyder, maybe some day, but not any time soon.  :)

Apropos of nothing, anyone working on any of those 70s designs or some of their own?

I'm thinking about a update to my "Sea Star" skope, Benton.

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 05, 2017, 03:17:27 AM
:ph34r:     I actually started a "Freedom Force" Rally FX, but time is just a bit on the limited side lately.

So. We really have as long as we want. June 30th is still a ways off. :)

BentonGrey

Awesome guys!  :D  I'm going to put a list up.

DJ, I'm just glad we don't have to miss you as well!
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Wow, I am really out of practice.

Here is Bullet 2000. After years of using Super Speed provided by Energy X, Bullet has been reduced to a formless, Sentient, Energy, and has been forced to reside in one of Microwave's old Armors. His body no longer as fast as his mind, he has become borderline psychotic as he can no longer outrun the world around him.

This Skin uses Mr Pantz' Microwave BaseSkin, and pieces from Bullet and Microwave.

John Jr.

Looking good, CB and this is a very interesting, and a little disturbing backstory, it sounds like a perfect 90's take on Bullet.
BTW, where I can find this Microwave base? I have and idea about old MW for this challenge and it could be very useful.

daglob

I think it's going to end up at The FF Museum.

daglob

Disco '70s Alchemiss. This is still kind of a work in progress, but you get the idea.

BentonGrey

Ohh, very disco, very Dazzler, I like it!
God Bless