FREEDOM FORCE ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE-16th Anniversary?

Started by daglob, March 26, 2017, 08:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimethee

Haha, great idea for a "seventified" Alche-miss, Daglob!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

daglob

I took the design of another magic user's 1970s costume. Still a few things to do.

daglob

This isn't quite an update to the '70s, this is an update of an old character to a modern mesh. Here we have Alchemiss Gren, basically Grenadier's Scarlet Witch with Tommy's Alchemiss hair and a few pieces from other Grenadier meshes.

How would some of the original characters look on a newer mesh? Anyone else want to try their hand?

BentonGrey

Ohh, that's fantastic DG.  Great work man!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on April 15, 2017, 04:01:29 AM
This isn't quite an update to the '70s, this is an update of an old character to a modern mesh. Here we have Alchemiss Gren, basically Grenadier's Scarlet Witch with Tommy's Alchemiss hair and a few pieces from other Grenadier meshes.

How would some of the original characters look on a newer mesh? Anyone else want to try their hand?

Very cool idea 'Glob. I think I'll try my hand as well.

John Jr.

Great idea and a nice work with her costume, DG.

Cyber Burn

Not sure I'm happy with him so far, but he's still got quite a ways to go before being finished. I still need to Alpha Enable the Goggles, and try to adjust the Particle Emitters and Streaks to see if they'll show the Black colors, and I'm thinking that the Belt may be a bit wide.

And don't get me started with everything I need to fix on the Skin.  :banghead:

On a side note, I am really getting tired of PhotoBucket,  :thumbdown:

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 16, 2017, 06:15:31 AM
Not sure I'm happy with him so far, but he's still got quite a ways to go before being finished. I still need to Alpha Enable the Goggles, and try to adjust the Particle Emitters and Streaks to see if they'll show the Black colors, and I'm thinking that the Belt may be a bit wide.

And don't get me started with everything I need to fix on the Skin.  :banghead:

On a side note, I am really getting tired of PhotoBucket:thumbdown:

Me too.

Bullet looks GREAT, though.

Do you have a copy of Human Torch Black from FXForce? There may be a copy in your mail box... ;)

And, if it's the way you want to go, I can probably cut the helmet off the original mesh with Blender...

Podmark

Cool stuff with the Grenadier based Alchemiss'.
And CB that Bullet is coming along nicely.

I really like what you guys were doing here.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deanjo2000

I hadn't seen your bullet :doh: and I was working on him, luckily yours is an updated version whilst mine is just his usual look on a skope of flashwest269.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

The_Baroness

Both versions are quite awesome, anyway!!!

John Jr.

Quote from: The_Baroness on April 16, 2017, 05:38:29 PM
Both versions are quite awesome, anyway!!!

I agree, there's no something like to much of a good skope.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: deanjo2000 on April 16, 2017, 05:22:05 PM
I hadn't seen your bullet :doh: and I was working on him, luckily yours is an updated version whilst mine is just his usual look on a skope of flashwest269.

How did you get the Logo to come out so clean? And did you have as much trouble with the Stars on the Shoulders/Upper Arms that I did?

deanjo2000

[/quote]

How did you get the Logo to come out so clean? And did you have as much trouble with the Stars on the Shoulders/Upper Arms that I did?
[/quote]

Shoulders were a nightmare but a bit of trial and error got them to a place I was happy with. The emblem is hand-drawn and uses about 6 layers I think. With a few touch ups here and there.

daglob

If everyone did an updated Bullet, that would mean that we have more bullets to play with. If ANYONE wants to do a character that has already been done-don't let that stop you. This is for fun, and I like both CB's and Deanjo's Bullets. I would have done him on a VX mesh, if I wasn't working on Disco Alchimiss and Pouchtastic Minuteman. Be like intersecting storm fronts-you aren't stealing someone's thunder, you are both basking in it (to really mix some metaphors).

daglob

This is NOT my work.

It's Minuteman TM by Texas Jack. Does anyone know of another updated version of the original meshes?

Cyber Burn

Vlandar has a pair of Microwave Meshes with Armor.

Deaths Jester

Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

detourne_me

AA also did a revamped Blackbird, and Macrowave, the female Microwave. Ink made a Sky King mesh, too. And was it Yellow Lantern that made the Belle of Vichy mesh?

SickAlice

Not an update persay but I made Sea Urchin on her sea horse as per the graphic that was in the game. Not sure how I'm going to approach the challenge yet. Not 70's though, I'm no good at making designs for that era. Thinking maybe of tackling a FF3 or Ultimate design though.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on April 23, 2017, 02:32:44 AM

It's Minuteman TM by Texas Jack. Does anyone know of another updated version of the original meshes?

I believe Bobby69 has an updated Bullet Mesh, and an updated Microwave Mesh. Possibly Mentor as well.

There's also a VX Bullet Hex floating around by Flash_22798.

As for my Bullet Skope pictured above, I kinda went a little bit crazy on it, adding a few things here and there, and adjusting the Skin a bit. I'll try to post an updated pic soon.

windblown

I love this thread :)

Quote from: daglob on April 15, 2017, 04:01:29 AM

I want! And here's what I've got:

I'll try to do a couple of characters more.

BentonGrey

Ohh, interesting take on Bullet, CB.  The different helmet gives him a mores serious appearance.  :)

Dean, nice update!

WB, I love that Eve.  Very nice.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

God Bless

detourne_me

Deaths Jester

Benton, I think you mean "Dean, nice update".
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BentonGrey

God Bless

deanjo2000

This is my take on minuteman modern.

The staff is still all AA's work.
I might give minuteman 2099 a shot at some point.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: deanjo2000 on April 26, 2017, 04:16:21 PM
This is my take on minuteman modern.

The staff is still all AA's work.
I might give minuteman 2099 a shot at some point.

I've been playing around with some Skopes for some modern designs of the FF Team, but I'm thinking I don't need to finish Minute Man now.  :D

Windblown, that "Eve" is fantastic!

Ouflah

This thread is so awesome. All you guys are doing amazing jobs with these characters.  :thumbup:
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III