FREEDOM FORCE ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE-16th Anniversary?

Started by daglob, March 26, 2017, 08:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Well, I thought I had posted all the reskins, but while checking out the Yahoo Groups I may have come upon some more. I'll have to check and get back on that.

daglob

I think this is all:

If you have something I've missed, please post a picture of it.

I didn't post Nait's Corruption meshes; you should just go and get them so you can enjoy them yourself.

Epimethee

Great finds, Daglob!
Quote from: daglob on October 26, 2017, 02:06:26 AM
Well, I thought I had posted all the reskins, but while checking out the Yahoo Groups I may have come upon some more. I'll have to check and get back on that.
There are a few others in some mods, such as Strangers.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

John Jr.

Quote from: daglob on October 13, 2017, 02:38:58 AM
Y'know,if you gave him Manbot feet...

I can't say no to a friend :)

How you call a Man-bot Forcedroid? Forcebot? Man-forcebot?

daglob

Forcerdroid would still fit.  :D

I can probably trim those up and smooth them out a bit if you want.

John Jr.

Quote from: daglob on October 28, 2017, 10:37:34 PM
Forcerdroid would still fit.  :D

I can probably trim those up and smooth them out a bit if you want.

Forcedroid 2.0?
I think he's good this way, DG, thanks.
I'll probably play a little with the skin and release him as an alternate Forcedroid (since the one I'll be using with Benton can only have the powers/costumes of Minuteman, Diablo and Bullet). Maybe I'll give him blue skin and swimming keyframes too :)

daglob

We have only two months to finish up whatever we do.

Of course, like any other challenge, if you have something ready a little beyond the deadline, post it so we can enjoy it.

UnkoMan

Oh... I once did an unimpressive Subterrestrial recolour.
http://sjhftac.comicgenesis.com/freedom/core.html
It is very boring.

As well as an original skin meant to be a leader of the SubTs, in the vein of Hulk foe Tyrannus.
http://sjhftac.comicgenesis.com/freedom/subterraneo.html
Does that count?

I think I've done a few other really bad skins on some of those meshes. I know I once did a weird Joker on the "Frank Stiles" mesh, but, hopefully, those are all lost to time now.

EDIT:
Oops, I guess there's a Poison Ivy, too.
http://sjhftac.comicgenesis.com/freedom/poisonivy.html

daglob

I've been working on something else, but I've got your work Unko (and a couple of others) and they will get posted soon.

daglob

I have that Poison Ivy on my hard drive. I don't know why she didn't get posted.

daglob

Cyber Burn

A bit of a blend between Microwave and Man-Bot. Still very much a WIP.

daglob

That is pretty good. Should be really interesting when you are finished.

Discoking090

Quote from: daglob on March 26, 2017, 08:09:20 PM
This is to inaugurate the Freedom Force 15th Anniversary Challenge.

There are many possibilities:

Redesign the original Freedom Force or Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich characters. One of my favorite meshes is Yellow Lantern & IPS's Rogue 1960s, so re-do the FF as though they had been active in the 1940s, 1950s, 1970s. 1980s, 1990s, or the present day. If you can figure out a way to fit them into 1930s pulps, go for it (fighting Cthulhu in the 1920s?)! Naitvalis is doing a "corrupted" version of the Freedom Force; why not take a theme and re-do as many of the characters as you can? Science fiction, heroic fantasy, planetary romance, medieval knights, Earth-3, magic universe, DC or Marvel Cinematic Universe, CW-verse, vampire-verse, 2099, 3000 AD... anything you can imagine. Or... what if you had been working for Irrational Games fifteen years ago, how would you have designed the FF characters? What other characters might you have created instead?

Alchemiss E3

You might create an anniversary SFX, like a Freedom Force Rally, or make a "lost" level for either of the two games, or a Danger Room Map, or anything. There is a character called "Freedom Forcer", and little as been done with him... got any ideas? Last 4th of July I did my avatar (and Deadpool) in a Freedom Force themed costume, lets see what yours looks like done up the same way. With the time limit, maybe those who can't skin can get up with those who do, and collaborate on something.

Forcerpool

The FF Museum's posting Glitch Girls gender swapped Freedom Force members reminds me that the newer members in FFv3R were never given the same treatment.

Then (as Benton points out) you could do one of the Freedom Force III characters.

Manbot2 3000

As usual, there are few rules:

Post a picture of your work here so we can look at it, or post your work someplace we can get it, and bask in the approval... Even if you don't participate, stop by and comment. If you have ideas, mention them; you may inspire someone else.

Deadline on this one will be June 30th. I'm tempted to make it December 31st, and if I got enough feedback on it, I might yet. This is a special challenge, not like the holiday challenges I usually make, and we ought to do it up big.

Have fun; there is no point in doing this if you don't. Maybe learn a little something too, or try something new. We come around here because of our passion for the game, and our love for the community. We can learn new techniques, learn new skills, learn about each other (and ourselves, I hope). That is a lot of expect, and a lot to receive, from a silly game.

Oh yes, and free booze for DJ.

do these meshes exist?

Cyber Burn

1. Alchemiss Effects ------------------   http://www.alexff.com/skinmesh_search.php?name=Alchemiss+Effects&Button1=Go%21

2. Deadpool Muscular Updated -----    http://web.archive.org/web/20060113125344/http://newpowerinc.com/paradoxpages/paradoxmain.htm

3. Man-Bot2 3000 -------------------    I think this was by Bearded, but I don't remember if it was publicly released or not.
                                                       (On a side note, did I ever finish Skoping the Particle Emitters on this one for you Daglob? And was there something else I was supposed to do?)

daglob

I KNEW there was a Doc Doom around here someplace. The reason Machine Man is in there is because so far as I can remember, it is the only skin done for FFv3R's Nocapeman.

The emitters on MB3K work great. I wish I did know who did him 'cuz I would like to release him.

Panther_Gunn

Not sure if we're going for completeness in skins for the built-in meshes, but I found a few that daglob didn't have included.

Another Atomic Lucy Lane, and I think the boys are Unko's work.

A Firestorm skin and another of the 1880 batch.

1880 mechs

Who doesn't love more raptors?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

I hadn't gotten to those yet (the rest of Mr. Mechanical/Flamebot), and now I don't have to.   ;) I'm not sure I have the kid reading Mad Magazine...

And I'm pretty sure I have the guy with the Shemp hairstyle. Wonder how I missed him?

Panther_Gunn

You *should* have the Madboy, as well as Sweater boy, as they were both in the first Civilians pack that Unko put out.  It also had the workaholic male civilian, which you had in your montage pic.

And the thug in question is the Uncredible Duke.  I can't remember if that skin lived at EF or FXForce.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Cyber Burn

I believe that I have a handful of Re-Skins (and maybe a couple of Skopes as well) that I don't think I ever previewed or released. I'll have to double check on that.

Deaths Jester

Ugh...even that Arcade on the MR Mechanical robot I did for Prem looks horrid nowadays....AAAAAAHHHH!!  You dredging up all my ugly skins...:P
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

Here are a bunch of Skins by Flash_22798 that I didn't see posted in any of the pics.

Neros Urameshi

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 24, 2017, 06:58:19 PM
Here are a bunch of Skins by Flash_22798 that I didn't see posted in any of the pics.

I would love to have the following skins: Red-and-blue american Bullet, black-and-red Microwave, black-and-blue Microwave, UK Man-Bot...

...the Rorschach and Green Hornet skins seen here:

...all the Pinstripe skins seen here:

...all the thug skins seen here:

...all these skins:

...all the Freedom Force Lantern skins available, including these:

...all these Supercollider skins:

...and finally, the WWII Minuteman.

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 24, 2017, 06:58:19 PM

That's because I don't seem to have them.

Neros Urameshi

Anyone who does have the skins, please send them to me. I'll give you my e-mail address if you wish.

daglob

Neros, I'd be glad to, but I'm having computer trouble and can't look at the screen for more than a few minutes without getting a headache. I was intending to get some together for Panther Gun as well, but everything on my monitor is twice as wide and half as tall as it's supposed to be and slightly out of focus as well. What I'm thinking of doing is posting them on Mediafire and post a link
here at FR when I do. Probably not in the next few days, but hopefully soon. I'm getting my laptop fixed up to use, but I'll still have to go through the desktop to find the skins.

daglob

Neros Urameshi

Hmm... a Magneto-like Mentor looks like the perfect material for the Nightmare Freedom Force.