News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Remind an old goat...

Started by Deaths Jester, April 12, 2017, 03:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Seeing as I'm doing a full upgrade on my comp, I decided I better get all my programs set aside and make sure I've got everything I need to install them when I'm ready. Problem is, all I've got for FFVTTR game are the disks and the manual. There aren't any cd keys on them and I can't for the life of me remember if FFVTTR had any. So that's one question: Cd keys needed for install with discs?

I still have the game installed on one of my older drives so if the cd keys ARE needed, is there the possibility that they are in one of the files on that hdd? If so, what file do I need to check?

Any help is mucho appriciated!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

spydermann93

I don't believe keys are asked for. I remember when I used the disc a couple of years ago on one of my computers (it never had FF installed on it) that it didn't ask for any keys.

BentonGrey

:ffvstr: needs a code, I'm pretty sure, but I thought  :ff: did too.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

I know FF has a code, cause I got it on the jewel case. Nothing I've got on my original ffvttr stuff has a code written down...unless it was on the box which is gone...

Deaths Jester

That's why I'm wondering if there might be a file in my other hdds intall that might show the key. Would think there would be a log of it somewhere so it knew to unlock stuff...

Cyber Burn

I want to say that there is a code for FFvt3R. I'll double check when I get home tonight.

Deaths Jester

YEah...from the searches I've done, it looks like FFvTTR requires a key for it...unhappily I have no idea where mine is....it's not written on the cd packages or in the manual either.  Damn it, why do I have a bad feeling it was on that blasted box......>.<

Been ages since I installed the game...back when it first came out....

Still, am hopeful that someone can tell me that the game has a file that shows the key code....

Cyber Burn

No worries, since I'm running the disk as well, hopefully I'll be able to help you out.

daglob

Looking on my cardboard box, I don't see a number. There doesn't seem to be anything inside except for a corrugated cardboard liner. It seems like it was in a paper and plastic sleeve, but I don't remember a number on either disk or sleeve. I put both disks in a 2-disk jewel box, but now they are in a wallet with a lot of other disks. I can't find a number in a file of some sort on either disk.

It's been years since I installed it, but I think that having both disks for installation and running an original disk in the hard drive while you play was all the copy protection they had.

Podmark

I just checked my  :ffvstr: discs and I don't see a code.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

WyldFyre

No code on FFvtTR. Only the original required that monstrosity. I'm not sure why they took it out for the sequel. But I have the original disks and they didn't need it.

edit: There were two disks in FFvtTR though.
For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

I've got both discs so hopefully when it comes time to re-install, it goes thru fine. Thanks, guys!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on April 12, 2017, 10:53:47 PM
I just checked my  :ffvstr: discs and I don't see a code.

Ditto.

Also, if you need the installation order for everything, I've got that set up as well. I've got all the Files in order and numbered so it would be easy if I ever have to do it again. If you're interested, I could Zip those up and throw them on MediaFire temporarily for you.

Deaths Jester

Will let you know if we have to end up going that route, CB. Thanks!