News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

WTF?

Started by Cyber Burn, April 15, 2017, 03:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Freedom-Force-vs.-the-3rd-Reich-21240-program.aspx

I came across this, and it's a little over my head. I'm not sure if this is where I should put this or not, but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before, or even actually used this?

daglob

And is this just the Steam version or all of them? The bit about a disk drive sounds like the original, but I thought you didn't need a disk for the Steam or GOG versions.

Or is that the problem?

spydermann93

I use the Steam version and I've never once had my anti-virus (Norton) tell me that anything was wrong with it.

I used to use the disc version, but I figured switching was just more convenient.

Users are reporting it as "very good", so I'm thinking it's safe. Maybe it's just incompatibilities with Windows 10?

Deaths Jester

...more reasons to avoid the fiasco/murderous rage-inducing calamity called Windows 10.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

spydermann93

I mean, I'm using Windows 10 and everything seems to run well enough :P

Panther_Gunn

In my experience, I take sites like that with a grain of salt.  The site is better than a lot of them that just insert what you Google searched for into a wildcard slot sentence "Are you having $ problems?  $ uninstall instructions.", and then try to sell you on their scanning tool for $ related problems.  I've looked at that site in the past, in conjunction with several others (whatever pops up when I Google), and I tend to pay more attention to the aggregate and not one individual site.  I suspect someone not familiar with how Steam operates didn't like how things were running, and thought that FF was the culprit ("I didn't have any problems until I installed that thing from the internet!"), and after searching online for fixes came across that site and started inputting information.  The other 99% are probably people that use that site more regularly and also have FF installed and knew that it wasn't a problem filling in their info on it to help tilt the score back to a "Safe" rating.  Overall, I'd say it's nothing to worry about.

And that page didn't have any stats on users running it on Win 10, so I don't think it's got anything to do with that.  (and 10 is a fairly worthy successor (and the price was right) to Win 7, once you tame/turn off most of it's annoying areas.  Far better than the abomination that 8 is/was.)
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Deaths Jester

It's only a good successor to 7 if you've got a reliable internet connection and are willing to let Microsoft conduct updates on your comp whenever they want. You don't have that, it's not a good or safe os. That's my opinion, of course, but I've also seen a lot of people comment on multiple forums that before Win 10 they didn't have any problems with their programs but after Win 10 stuff got messy. Some have even mentioned that some of the updates that Microsoft has issued/loaded had viruses piggybacking on them. Am unsure if that's true but I'd rather be careful. As I said, it's just my opinion and not really worth squat.

SickAlice

10 hasn't got the security exploits sorted out yet plus the absence of safe and boot modes now. After a good two solid malware and hijacks I rolled back to 8.1. Better to be with the tested and developed product than the one in that's still being patched imo.

As for  :ffvstr: being problematic after the line " The software installer includes 34 files and is usually about 734.07 MB (769,732,600 bytes)." it should say "However it will eventually occupy several GB's of your hard drive as time elapses as well may spill from your PC and start erasing time in your real life otherwise dedicated to family, responsibilities, leisure and hobby (perhaps sleep). Users should proceed with caution.<_<

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on April 16, 2017, 01:50:07 AM
10 hasn't got the security exploits sorted out yet plus the absence of safe and boot modes now. After a good two solid malware and hijacks I rolled back to 8.1. Better to be with the tested and developed product than the one in that's still being patched imo.

As for  :ffvstr: being problematic after the line " The software installer includes 34 files and is usually about 734.07 MB (769,732,600 bytes)." it should say "However it will eventually occupy several GB's of your hard drive as time elapses as well may spill from your PC and start erasing time in your real life otherwise dedicated to family, responsibilities, leisure and hobby (perhaps sleep). Users should proceed with caution.<_<

"An earlier version known colloquially as FF1 is just as devastating. It can and will be worse if you get both.

Deaths Jester

What SA mentioned about 10 is part of the reason I stayed with XP for so long and am just now moving up to 7. Course I'm weird and a drunken arse, too...

Cyber Burn

The funny thing is, I was going to post in another thread with the following:

Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Art\library\FX\green_genie\object_lesson_vase

And somehow, I accidentally pasted that into Bing instead, and that was one of the Links that had popped up.