News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

PhD Written Exam

Started by BentonGrey, April 21, 2017, 01:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy folks!  This morning I start my written exam for my PhD.  I've got 3 days to write a set of papers in response to question from my committee.  This is the big gateway before I begin work on my dissertation proper.  For those of you that pray, I'd certainly welcome some prayers!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Cyber Burn

Absolutely, and if anyone has this, it's you!  :thumbup:

spydermann93

Best of luck, King Benton!

All of Atlantis (and FR!!) cheers for your ascension!

Deaths Jester

You can do it even though we all know Aquaman stinks. :-P
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Not after he takes a bath...

WyldFyre

Prayers and good wishes.

I don't know DG, anything that stays underwater all of the time smells a little fishy.  :lol:

But I think Arthur is okay.  :D
For Freedom!

spydermann93

The ocean is every fish(man)'s toilet :P

SickAlice

I pray for your sanity. Else I'm more than certain you can gitRdun!

BentonGrey

Friends, the encouragement and well wishes here and your prayers mean more to me than I can express.

Whew.  That was decidedly difficult.  It is done.  Whether or not it is enough remains to be seen.  Now I'm going to sleep for a week.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Glitch Girl

Congratulations!

Sorry I didn't wish you well sooner but I've been on vacation the last week.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

stumpy

Nice work passing this hurdle, Benton! It's a good time to catch your breath before you start sprinting up to the next one. :-)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Deaths Jester

Quote from: stumpy on April 28, 2017, 03:38:24 PM
Nice work passing this hurdle, Benton! It's a good time to catch your breath before you start sprinting up to the next one. :-)

Benton PASSED a hurdle?!?!  Oh bloody 'ell, those things are murder on the old poopster!  Best see a doc about that BG!

BentonGrey

Thanks to everyone for the support! 

This morning I was informed that, by the unanimous consent of my committee, I passed my written exam. 

And I was able to breathe again for the first time in a week.  I've been pretty stressed about this, so I am positively giddy with relief today.
God Bless

daglob

WyldFyre

Quote from: daglob on May 01, 2017, 08:53:18 PM
:yipee

What he said!!! Congrats Benton! We know you've worked hard for it.
For Freedom!

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 01, 2017, 06:08:37 PM
Thanks to everyone for the support! 

This morning I was informed that, by the unanimous consent of my committee, I passed my written exam. 

And I was able to breathe again for the first time in a week.  I've been pretty stressed about this, so I am positively giddy with relief today.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tomato

Congratulations fellow Aqua-nerd! You've earned it.

stumpy

Gratz, Benton! Pretty soon you will be Dr. Grey. And, then, who knows...? 

:drfunkbot: 

:DrDoom: 

:dmbbeer

:P
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Cyber Burn

Congrats Benton! Seeing your success, and your positive attitude, you have definitely been an inspiration for me to keep pushing forward with my own Education. Thank you.

daglob

Me, I figure he will either start hanging out on the 86th floor of a skyscraper and surround himself with a group of adventurers, or he will adopt something like grey armor, saffron robes, or maybe tentacles, and turn to crime.

Deaths Jester

BG is more the 86th floor type, Glob....

BentonGrey

If only I had a few truckloads of Mayan gold to set me up.... :D

Wow, thanks CB, that's awesome to hear!
God Bless

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com