News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 122: Banshee

Started by Podmark, April 22, 2017, 06:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Banshee's classic look?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I had to go with a "Meh" on this one. I get the intended concept and functionality of the design, but the color balance just doesn't work for me. It's definitely a '70's design, but without the lasting power of the other X-Men Costumes that were introduced at the time.

Glitch Girl

Another "meh" here.  It's got potential, but it doesn't hold up as well as the other X-Men costumes of the era.  The arm-cape things are an interesting idea, but since it's implied that they're stretchy, the straight lines they create in a relaxed mode mess with the line of the costume itself. 

I think the upper part could be helped if they widened the yellow to extend farther down the shoulder, while shortening the lower point to the lower ribcage and then add a yellow belt. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

TBf, much like Sunfire, this design was for a one off baddie for the original X-Men, rather than being designed for the second Genesis team.

I gave it a meh as well... I like the green more than the generic blue/yellow that all the X-Men wore for awhile, but there are just too many meh elements here.

Podmark

I went with a mild dislike.
It's a really simple costume, reminds of Nightcrawler's in a way. The yellow and black wings make me think of traffic signal. Not a fan of the bit of bare chest either.
I kinda think of this as a potential prototype for a better costume. I'm not sure that better costume actually exists though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Deaths Jester

Pod, it might've been a prototype for what Siyrn would wear during her X-Force time. She def wore it a whole lot better.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.