Batman: TBATB DVD

Started by Panther_Gunn, April 30, 2017, 08:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

I'm looking at finally buying these things, now that it's not just a couple episodes per set.  One thing I've noticed is that there's a regular version and a widescreen version.  Since I'm pretty sure it was originally broadcast in full frame, does anyone have any idea what difference the widescreen one would offer?  I haven't found any reviews to shine any light on the subject yet, so I'd appreciate any input anyone might have.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

Actually, I suspect that unlike JL (which was made for regular and cut down for widescreen) B&B might have been made for widescreen. I own a few episodes from the series I got for the CSA reviews, and they're HD in widescreen, as are most screenshots of the show. In that case, you're probably better off getting the widescreen, assuming your tv isn't a full screen.

Panther_Gunn

Well, just like in Clue!, I can actually prove myself wrong.  Just checked one of the episodes I still have on the DVR (couldn't wrestle the TV away from the minion at the time of the original post), and it looks like it was originally broadcast in a letterbox format.  So much for going off of my memory.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

TBF, I think you were likely confusing B&B with JL/JLU, which was notorious for being created specifically for fullscreen, but then just chopping off the top and bottom for "widescreen" since those sorts of TVs were only just gaining traction. I could see The Batman being similar (since it ran sort of concurrently) but B&B came out when widescreen TVs were pretty well established.