News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Prefered Nifskope version

Started by Deaths Jester, May 09, 2017, 02:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

I'm going to have to go dl Nifskope and it's been ages since I did that. With all these new versions, I got to ask: what's the prefered version for FFVTTR right now?
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm using Version 1.1.3, and it seems to be working with minimal issues with Windows 10.

SickAlice

I use 2 of them in tangent. I prefer to use 0.9.1 for most things. It was the last grey box version. It imports easier, doesn't screw up texture paths nor leave system traces in the file and is broken in a manner that you can import pretty much any model into the nif regardless of face count and such. It lacks FX compatibility and proper keyframe editing though so for that I use the newest version (black box) as well a few other newer features. Else in tangent both with Blender and both versions of CTool. It's now open source and I have downloaded the newest nightly build but haven't actually tried it out yet (according to the developers notes the fresh one is unstable anyways).

detourne_me

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 09, 2017, 02:52:07 AM
Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm using Version 1.1.3, and it seems to be working with minimal issues with Windows 10.
My preferred version, too.
Never even knew there was a later version. i just tried it out and couldn't even open some of my skopes.