News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FXForce Forever meant

Started by MikeB7, May 10, 2017, 09:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

So that's a vente mocha-chino with extra foam, two shots of expresso, and skim milk?

:P
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

MikeB7

Quote from: Bujin-2018 on May 06, 2018, 11:01:36 AM
Quote from: MJB on April 03, 2018, 01:00:08 PM
All this FX Force love... Where's the love for the SUPERIOR website Electric Freedom? Eh?

See, I come back from years of walking the earth like Kwai Chang Cain (ask your grandparents) and this sort of nonsense and disrespect is what I come back to?  Unacceptable, Meejub!  (Although EF was almost as cool as FXForce!)

Almost...but not quite.

MikeB7

Quote from: Deaths Jester on May 06, 2018, 04:14:21 PM
So that's a vente mocha-chino with extra foam, two shots of expresso, and skim milk?

:P

Those who played City of Heroes with me may remember my obsession with ICED VENTI CHAI.  It is still an issue.   ;)

Deaths Jester

So, if I give you an iced venti chia...you'll agree that EF was just as awesome as FX Force?!? Cause, you know, you guys never had me at FX Force...and I always bring a party with me...

;)

<mutters to self>...one of these days I'll get into that FX Force licqour cabinet and then all the FR world's booze will be mine!!

Bujin

Quote from: Deaths Jester on May 06, 2018, 10:50:43 PM
So, if I give you an iced venti chia...you'll agree that EF was just as awesome as FX Force?!? Cause, you know, you guys never had me at FX Force...and I always bring a party with me...

;)

IIRC, your name came up once.....we all laughed and laughed, and then moved on.    :P

(However, if you're bribing, I usually take a Dunkin' Dark, with cream and 3 Splenda)
- Bujin

Deaths Jester

Bujin

Quote from: Deaths Jester on May 06, 2018, 11:36:44 PM

:(

I, of course, was kidding.  (Sorry if that wasn't clear)     :doh:
- Bujin

Deaths Jester

I know you were kidding, Bujin.

You just accidently hit on an idea that has always nagged at the back of my mind. I've always wondered why I ended up bouncing from host to host - all but two times having to go with hat in hand to ask to join. Just always wondered in some places if...

Eh, ignore the DJ. DJ is just sober and that's just an unnatural state for him...

MikeB7

I hosted for just about anyone - I dunno why we never, like, hooked up...an'...shucks.  I also don't remember you much during the 'Site Wars' era - perhaps you never really had an avatar? I remember your name from very earliest skinning sites but cloudy onwards.  :huh:

One more for the Buj

Deaths Jester

I was a member of FFC (from start to finish), Kraven's site (which didn't last long for me) and EF during the Site Wars time but wasn't included in it because I came to EF after it started. Plus I wasn't one of the well known EF members during Site Wars nor the most active on FR at the time (I didn't post about what I had skinned on FR back then, just sent it off to be uploaded by Volt).

I was part of Age of Hellscorp/Volt though.

And FXForce did have a few of the alt avatars I did for some of the members (I know I did Xorn...and someone else...)

Deaths Jester

After EF shutdown, I bounced around a lot. FFUnderground, NPI, FFAsylum/Unfluffybunny, FRP, Yahoo groups, and (now) Empi all have hosted my stuff. Very understandable with the cloudiness. That and from the very start I was more of the obscure/lesser known/"cult" skinners, always in other folks' shadows: Gryphon, Firestorm, and Copper Age in the beginning; C6 (after I joined EF till his retirement); AA, UE, Podmark, Tomato, Carr, DG, CB,Unko, Deanjo, and the rest of the skinning crew after C6's retirement. I've just kept motoring on, though. Why? I got no idea...but that's not important. What is important is I NEED BOOZE!!

Edit: Come to think of it, I might be the last skinner still skinning from the beginning of FF skinning and FFC...back when everything was new and untried...when you skinned the jacket on to a male_basic mesh becausu there was no nifskope or mesh with a jacket...back before even particale arrays and hex editting were discovered. You know, that's extremely saddening and makes me feel old as all get out...

Someone, please get me a bottle of vodka...

MikeB7

Cool history lesson!  That's like pre-FR even, just the original Crave message boards.

I've been having fun digging through FXForce site backups.  :thumbup:

Remember the Hub?

Deaths Jester

I remember the Hub...all of those banners takes me back...don't forget Dragon Force, the Skindex, and HAMSTER!

And yeah...I guess I am pre-FR...never really thought about that...I do remember posting a few things on Crave's boards but never stopped to realize that was pre-FR. Now I feel really ancient......

MikeB7

All the names and sites you've mentioned in this thread - I remember them all.  Firestorm designed my original skin.  :D

Deaths Jester

I miss Firestorm....I remember when him and Gyrus first put together Heroes for Hire.....I actually was going to join them there before Gyrus disappeared....ah...the old days....

As for avatars, I did mine when I joined Kraven's site....before then, I didn't have one.....and he's evolved off and on over the years....

OH MY!! One of the older Site Wars pics!!!  Back then Volt, Lude, MJB, Spud, C6, and GG were the big names for EF.....ahh...brings back so many memories.....

Bujin

Quote from: MikeB7 on May 07, 2018, 02:46:51 AM

One more for the Buj

Awesome - thanks, Mikey!  (Now if I can just figure out why I can't add it to my profile....)
- Bujin

daglob

Something I found wandering around

Deaths Jester

That was an alt avatar Syn/Unfluffybunny did when he asked me to join FFAsylum/Unfluffybunny....I think my original avatar was hosted at EF long ago....

daglob

Got a good bit of your stuff from Unfluffy Bunny's site, as well as that.

I haven't given up on one with "real" bones yet... I am kind of bewildered... maybe with Bamphallas' skeleton...

I can't get anything from Electric Freedom.

Deaths Jester

I doubt you'll find anything saveable from Kraven's site and only a handful from FFUnderground. I know getting stuff off FFC is a questionable and I don't have any of those works on my comp. It's just been so many years ago since those sites existed, it makes Waybacking them and finding something rough. The sites after FFUnderground, you have a better chance...

bearded

Quote from: daglob on May 08, 2018, 06:56:15 PM

Something I found wandering around
Could I get that? I feel like I made parts of it.  J.F. Sebastian: There's a part of me in you...

daglob

bearded

Thank you. Did I make those shoulder pads?

Deaths Jester

I don't know, Bearded. Syn put this avatar version together and did the skoping on it. I've no idea where he grabbed the pieces from.

MikeB7

FXForce has been - and always shall be - the greatest.

Deaths Jester

Ummm...Mikey, you do know those Firestone tires were recalled because they sometimes suddenly...*KABOOM*..um..nevermind....

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Deaths Jester on May 11, 2018, 05:55:01 PM
Ummm...Mikey, you do know those Firestone tires were recalled because they sometimes suddenly...*KABOOM*..um..nevermind....

No, no, no, you're thinking of the Firestorm tires.  Atomically unstable and all that.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on May 11, 2018, 07:12:11 PM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on May 11, 2018, 05:55:01 PM

No, no, no, you're thinking of the Firestorm tires.  Atomically unstable and all that.

No, you're thinking about the Fantasti-tires made by Reed Enterprises, PG, those were atomically unstable. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what I'm talking about...

daglob

Wouldn't they be molecularly unstable? ;)

Deaths Jester

Quote from: daglob on May 11, 2018, 07:58:12 PM
Wouldn't they be molecularly unstable? ;)

Shhhh.....don't go confusing them....