News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FXForce Forever meant

Started by MikeB7, May 10, 2017, 09:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeB7

So I am taking a look at skinning something and...

...I have 2,564 meshes in my Art/custom_characters folder.   :blink: :wacko:

When doing FXForce/GPL, I would test every hex/skin/mesh, so I ended up with almost evvvverything.  lol

And many of the meshes I'm pulling up are distorted/wonky in the CTool.  Is that a FF1 mesh vs FFvTR mesh issue? 

2,564 meshes.

Deaths Jester

There...to appease you crazy nuts...the most recent version of my avatar..back when I joined UFB:

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Action

..and it's all your fault that your meshes are all distorted Mikey...that's what you get for experimenting too much!! (Probobaly is an FF to FFVTTR problem...you got Lightening Man's converter from ALexFF?)
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

MikeB7

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 02, 2018, 06:18:57 PM
There...to appease you crazy nuts...the most recent version of my avatar..back when I joined UFB:

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Action

..and it's all your fault that your meshes are all distorted Mikey...that's what you get for experimenting too much!! (Probobaly is an FF to FFVTTR problem...you got Lightening Man's converter from ALexFF?)

Awesome!  Thanks DJ! I feel closer to you now. 

*goes to slap/rub shoulder* 
*sees collarbone sticking out* 
*hi-fives instead*

You get a short reprieve before the demands for the *.tga files.  Enjoy every sunset in the meantime.

spydermann93

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 02, 2018, 06:18:57 PM

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Action

Has Glob finally done it? Has he convinced you to show your "new" avatar? After all these years?

I want to believe, but methinks this is but a decoy; a diversion for a darker, more insidious truth. :ph34r:

daglob

Hey, I could do that. And I will, too, if you don't. What's the base mesh?

If you ask me, a guy with a half-skull face is perfect for Halloween.

Mike: Sometimes that effect is caused by the mesh not completely being converted (I don't know how), and a second run through the converter usually takes care of that. And DJ is right; Lightning Man's converter is the way to go. I remember another converter a long time ago, and while it was good, LM's was better. And 10387 meshes in FF1.

There are a lot of duplicates, since I have a Male Basic etc. for every set of keyframes (Wish you could assign KF to a mesh in Character Creation).

Deaths Jester

.........I am not a Halloween only thing............

daglob

But it should be your time to shine. Mardi Gras too.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: daglob on October 03, 2018, 05:39:43 PM

Ummm, DG, when have you ever known me to "shine"?  Yeah...not happening...

MikeB7

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 03, 2018, 05:59:22 PM
Quote from: daglob on October 03, 2018, 05:39:43 PM

Ummm, DG, when have you ever known me to "shine"?  Yeah...not happening...

*makes note to play around with refl.tga files when we finally get DJ's skin* 

Deaths Jester

<makes sure that Mikey's note ends up in the trash...miles and miles away from where he's at...>

MikeB7

So if PreR ever checks back in this thread, I did a thing on the doop mesh while looking at skinning again.

daglob

Quote from: daglob on October 02, 2018, 09:44:12 PM
Hey, I could do that. And I will, too, if you don't. What's the base mesh?

If you ask me, a guy with a half-skull face is perfect for Halloween.

Enh, I like DJ's better. This will do to make a Globby version for Halloween, though.

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: MikeB7 on October 03, 2018, 07:20:23 PM
So if PreR ever checks back in this thread, I did a thing on the doop mesh while looking at skinning again.

I'm here, Mikey Mike! I'm that gosh-darn goopedy goop that you just can't get rid of. And that skin... SO KYUUT! I'm gonna be making everyone jealous with mah hot new lewk!

Oh! And DJ? Thanks for sharing that pic of you. But... er... I think you've got something in your eye?

Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Deaths Jester

Such blasphmey by the red mucous one!! Besmirching my likeness with pics like such!

MikeB7

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on October 12, 2018, 08:40:59 PM
Oh! And DJ? Thanks for sharing that pic of you. But... er... I think you've got something in your eye?

:roll:  :wub:

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 12, 2018, 11:44:00 PM
Such blasphmey by the red mucous one!! Besmirching my likeness with pics like such!

Blasphemy? Besmirching? Me? It's not my fault you have such beautiful beings floating around in the dark recesses of your skull.  ^_^

Deaths Jester

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on October 17, 2018, 08:09:59 AM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 12, 2018, 11:44:00 PM

Blasphemy? Besmirching? Me? It's not my fault you have such beautiful beings floating around in the dark recesses of your skull.  ^_^

<pours water into eye hole> Get the frrrrnnntt out of my skull!!!  IF you aren't paying rent, you don't belong there!!!

Panther_Gunn

Oh, I'm sure he's not the only thing not paying rent that's rattling around that bone box, DJ.  Quite a few unsavory bits in there, I'd say.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Deaths Jester

Ah but I put those unsavory bits there for later use, PG. The blob and Mikey crawled in without approval nor payment for using the space as a habitat. Now I gotta evict them.

<ponders acid...>

MikeB7

Deaths Jester

NOT THAT TYPE OF ACID!! Jeez...

MikeB7

I would've been Nancy Reagan but look!  Dude has a 7 on his jersey!  I can't ignore that.   :thumbup:

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: MikeB7 on October 21, 2018, 01:12:35 AM
I would've been Nancy Reagan but look!  Dude has a 7 on his jersey!  I can't ignore that.   :thumbup:

Also, the blonde wig really makes the blue in my eye pop.  ^_^

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 18, 2018, 09:36:44 PM
<pours water into eye hole> Get the frrrrnnntt out of my skull!!!  IF you aren't paying rent, you don't belong there!!!

Aww, thanks for the water, DJ! We were actually getting a little thirsty in here - and my goop was starting to dry out a little. Now I'm good and moist again.

Deaths Jester

<grabs a bottle of acid>

Okay, that's it! Out or the acid goes in!

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 22, 2018, 02:45:29 PM
<grabs a bottle of acid>

Okay, that's it! Out or the acid goes in!

Whuh...What's wrong, DJ? I thought we wuz friendses!

Deaths Jester

As long as you pay rent we might be...but you squatting!!  OUT! OUT! OUT!!!

Nyte Dragon

*Reads thread*

*Re-reads thread*

Oh dear God... They found the stash of goofballs.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Deaths Jester

NIGHT DRAGON!!! HEYA!!! <waves estatically>

...Wait....I was stashed?!?!

MikeB7

Quote from: Night Dragon on October 23, 2018, 02:28:28 AM
*Reads thread*

*Re-reads thread*

Oh dear God... They found the stash of goofballs.

ND!!  Wow!!  Hiya!!  Hope you're well, man.  I legit giggled seeing your face.   :D

PreRaphaelite

Quick, someone put out some Dragon Snacks and maybe he'll hang around a bit.  ^_^