News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

How do do a SFX

Started by daglob, May 13, 2017, 11:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Okay, what I want is to be able to set up the FX on the ax in the pic above so that it has something like the "Flaming Fist" FX on the head so that it will "flame" when it is used.

Could someone tell me how to do it? My intent is to put the instructions in the readme for the character.

detourne_me

Do you want FX, like for melees, when you create a power, or FX on the skope itself, similar to Nick Fury's jetpack?
If you want it on the skope itself, I could help you out a bit.  If you've downloaded my Ghost Rider 2099 mesh from Force of Paradox, you can see how his chainsaw goes on fire, only when he uses it.

daglob

I had just thought about having it just like Flaming fist, but having it built into the scope might be nice. I'll look at the chainsaw and see if I can figure it out.

SickAlice

The Goblin Knight I did has one that you should be able to copy over just fine if you want. In the nif attached to the sword in hand is a node called "fire" which would copy to your spear. In the the scene root is FX fire to control the particles. In the keyframes FX fire is present in all of em near the bottom of each. When the sword is sheathed the floats for the scales are set to 0 for invisible, else 1 when fully visible (melee_sword). Pretty easy to follow suit then set the times to follow the keys in that mesh.

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on May 14, 2017, 04:47:46 PM
The Goblin Knight I did has one that you should be able to copy over just fine if you want. In the nif attached to the sword in hand is a node called "fire" which would copy to your spear. In the the scene root is FX fire to control the particles. In the keyframes FX fire is present in all of em near the bottom of each. When the sword is sheathed the floats for the scales are set to 0 for invisible, else 1 when fully visible (melee_sword). Pretty easy to follow suit then set the times to follow the keys in that mesh.
:wacko:

SickAlice

Lol, whut? It's pretty easy. Copy it over in the nif, copy over the strings into the keyframes, set the times to either 1 or 0 depending if you want them visible. Looking at what your doing probably 1 at all times. The FX will follow the spear if it's copied into it's node anyways.