News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 126: Drax the Destroyer

Started by Podmark, May 20, 2017, 10:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Drax's classic look?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

What I've been trying to do with these Guardians ratings is show off designs that differ from the designs used for the movie. Which of course brings us to Drax who in his comic history went from one type of design, a big cape wearing bruiser, to the Kratos-esque knife fighter who has never heard of shirts. Today we look at the classic:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

I gave it a like, but I prefer the slightly less Hulk-like original version.

Ouflah

I'm not crazy about how he looks in the image above, but if we're talking this:

Then I'm at either "like" or "love."

"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

daglob

Quote from: Ouflah on May 22, 2017, 12:15:00 AM
I'm not crazy about how he looks in the image above, but if we're talking this:

Then I'm at either "like" or "love."

That's what I'm talking about.

Glitch Girl

The originally posted image looks like his appearance in Captain Marvel when Peter David was writing it.  I think Rom Lim was the artist?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 22, 2017, 09:08:11 PM
The originally posted image looks like his appearance in Captain Marvel when Peter David was writing it.  I think Rom Lim was the artist?

I believe it's a page from the Infinity Gauntlet.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

I gave it a Like. It's a pretty solid old school design. Good colours and the skull motive makes him seem dangerous.
I prefer him on the bigger side, but some images have him looking ridiculously big - not big on that.

I find it really interesting seeing how Drax has changed over the years. I prefer the knife wielding version they use today.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on May 28, 2017, 01:48:54 AM
I find it really interesting seeing how Drax has changed over the years. I prefer the knife wielding version they use today.

This doesn't happen often, but I'm going to disagree with you here Pod. I don't know the history behind what caused Drax to evolve from the big, Green and Purple, behemoth, to the dual knife wielding psychopath we have today, but I prefer the old school version. I had to go with a "Like" here. Nothing really against the current version, I just feel that he would have benefited from being created as a new Character, rather than making such a drastic change to a Classic Character.