News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 125: Gamora Marvel Now era

Started by Podmark, May 14, 2017, 04:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Gamora's Marvel Now costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

This week we'll look at another Guardian. The most dangerous woman in the universe, Gamora:

This is a recent costume she wore when the Brian Michael Bendis' run on Guardians of the Galaxy started just prior to the premiere of the movie.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

The best thing to come out of Bendis Era Guardians. Totally inspired by Mass Effect, but whatever, it looks good.  I know the deadliest woman in the galaxy is in no need of armor since she had deadpool like levels of regeneration, but I had no idea if those powers were retconned.

laughing paradox

Nothing about it screams "Gamora" to me.

It's a nice design.. for someone else.

daglob

I miss the fishnet body stocking. And was that a hood she wore, or just funny hair?

spydermann93

It's fine in my eyes. Not bad, not good. Middling, really, though none of Gamora's costumes have really been all too inspiring to me. I honestly think that her movie costume is the best one (though not by too much)

Deaths Jester

I'm okay with this one but it's not really inspiring. I actually prefer the outfit that came after this one (the green cape/hood and such during the Black Vortex run). That one at least included elements from her previous costumes while this one reminds me of a generic Space marine...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

It's ok. I gave it a like, just because it is well designed. Was looking at some of Gamora's old designs though, not really a huge fan of any of them, tbh.

Podmark

I gave it a Dislike, and it's all about context.
I'm with LP in that this is a nice space suit costume for a character...but a poor fit for Gamora. I agree that Gamora hasn't really had any great costumes (the Black Vortex one is pretty good like DJ said) but still this look doesn't fit the character. Gamora is a science fantasy type, this looks like a design from Mass Effect.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I had to go with a "Like" on this one. While I know that it doesn't completely fit the concept of Gamora's character, it does fit the concept of a space faring warrior. I also have to admit, I've never really cared for her Green costume on her Green skin, it just had a bland look to it, so for me, this is a good change of pace.