News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Keyframes question

Started by bungs2001, May 14, 2017, 08:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bungs2001

Hi is it possible to move a melee action you can use in active defense, into the list for your melee attacks. There is one I really like buts it's only selectable as an active defense. Hope that makes sense  :banghead: :thumbup:

detourne_me

Hi,  That should be pretty simple.  You just need to add a 'contact' to the Text Keys.
Here's something I wrote for another user,  but you can follow the same steps to add a contact to the active_defence animation.
QuoteIn Nifskope, look at the NiTextKeyExtraData in the Block List. In Block Details open up the Text Keys branches.

You can add contact, leave_hand, and other things here. 
For Teleport you need to add "disappear" and "appear" Text Keys.

So, for idle_3, change the Num Text Keys from 2 to 4, and click the green refresh icon to add two more text keys.
They will be added to the bottom.
You need to make the last one "end", so set the Time at 2.0 seconds, and set the Value to "end"
Next, you need to make a "disappear" and an "appear" for the 2 middle Text Keys.   You should set the Time at what you think is good. maybe 0.5 for disappear and 1.5 for appear?

Use the same technique to add leave_hand or contact to other keyframes too.

You would want to add one more Text Key to the number, refresh it with the green symbol, and then move the 'end' text key to the bottom, and turn one of the middle text keys into 'contact' and give it a time between the start and end.

bungs2001

Hi thanks for the help. I won't pretend you haven't confused the he'll out of me. But will give it a bash later. Thank you :thumbup:

bungs2001

Hi Dm the animation I am trying to use as a melee attack is on your great Kanan rebels mesh, it's melee saber a(only usable as a active defense), I can see what's different in the nif Skope. Sorry I am a noob  :banghead:.

detourne_me

melee_saber_a from the Kanan mesh is used for melee attacks, you shouldn't need to change it.
When you see melee_a, melee_b, melee_c etc. they play randomly. You can make one power using melee_saber, and sometimes the animation melee_saber_a will play.
If you want to create a separate power for that animation only, you can rename it to melee_saber_2. or something else.

Here are some tips for keyframes:
melee attacks can be named anything, as long as there is a 'contact' written in the Text Keys.
Only melee keyframes can have random animations. You can have up to 8 random animations for each attack,  name the keyframes melee, melee_a, melee_b,... up to melee_f.

bungs2001

Brilliant got it thanks for taking the time to explain  :thumbup:

stumpy

This is a good thread with a good question and answers. But, it really doesn't belong in the scripting section and I am glad d_m noticed it here and replied.

Quick question: Would it be more appropriate in the Mesh section or in the Hex Editing section? I will move it there in a few days.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

detourne_me

Good point, Stumpy.  I think Hex Editing would be best, since most nifskope related content is there.

bungs2001

Hi sorry for putting it in the wrong section I was really unsure where to put it.  :banghead: :thumbup:

stumpy

No worries. I just want it to be in the place where people interested will see it.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg