News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Groop I implore thee...

Started by The Phantom Eyebrow, June 07, 2017, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Phantom Eyebrow

Evening all, long time no post.  I realise then that coming to you now, cap in hand, with brows furrowed in a transparent attempt to ask a favour might not be the best means in which to return after such an absence.  Notwithstanding all of that, I come to you now, cap in hand, with brows furrowed in a transparent attempt to ask a favour.  More Brass Neck than Phantom Eyebrow, me.

My nephew has recently taken up the drums and he has made it into a competition on Radio Nova (a radio station popular here for playing rock music in its various incarnations) to win himself a drum kit.  This would make the young fella's year and so I am here to ask those of you who do the Facebook thing and who are of a mind to do so, to click on the link below and click Like for Darragh (for that is he)

https://www.facebook.com/radionova100/posts/10154784291818667

Thanks to any and all of you who do so.

Deaths Jester

TPE, it's good to see your hairy brow re-gracing FR! If I was one that gronked Facebook, you'd have my vote...alas Facebook and I don't get along...something about my drinking habits or whatnot...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Me, I'm over the age limit. I'll tell my daughter, though.

Cyber Burn

Facebook and I generally don't get along, but in this case, I can make an exception.

stumpy

I dusted off my FB account to vote. I liked the sound your lad had in his video.

BTW, I was amused at the foresight of the parents of the kid who put his drum set in a soundproof room.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

The Phantom Eyebrow

Thanks for the replies all!   :thumbup:

DJ:  no worries my fine fetid friend, I'm not normally one for the social meejah myself. 

Daglob, Cyber and Stumpy:  Thanks very much for your support!  Its been a real game of ebb and flow over the course of the past few days but we're hopeful that with one last push over the cliff Darragh can get the win! 

Any more votes / likes greatfuly received!

Voting closes on Friday so... here's hoping! 

MikeB7

The Phantom Eyebrow

Lovely stuff, thanks Mikey.  Every like counts as they say.

I believe the competition ends this evening (or possibly tomorrow morning); he's in the lead but the margin is closing.  Any last minute likes would be greatly appreciated!   :thumbup:

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

The Phantom Eyebrow

Thanks kindly, WyldFyre!   :thumbup:

He's still winning... when are they bringing this to an end!?   :blink:

The Phantom Eyebrow

Good news everyone!  He won!   :thumbup:

It was quite the competition but he got there in the end.  Thanks for the votes / likes all! 

Deaths Jester

...and now he'll have a drum set that will drive the neighbors nuts...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

Congrats!

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 10, 2017, 04:18:07 PM
...and now he'll have a drum set that will drive the neighbors nuts...

Added bonus.  :P

daglob

Especially if you don't live in the neighborhood. :D

WyldFyre

Yay!! And the neighbors will <hopefully> understand.
For Freedom!

Panther_Gunn

The peasants *never* understand the stresses and demands of the upper class.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

The Phantom Eyebrow

I don't see how they can have any grounds for complaint here, the lad is a burgeoning talent and, with these lessons, can only improve his craft.  If anything, they should be progressively more delighted with time!

(Also, I gather that these may be some form of cleverly constructed devices which are electrical and/or electronic in nature, thereby allowing the sound to be relayed through speakers or headphones.  I may have imagined this though.)