News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 11

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, June 07, 2017, 11:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Since the last game we played, I've taken some time to look over the enviro and villian cards. Some of the attractions on the "wonders" can really throw everything out of whack. But if you two want to go that way then let's do it....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

MDP is basically easy mode, which isn't always a bad thing. It's one of two environment that you can often just ignore.  I dont' think I've actually played Madame Mittermeier's yet.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Reepicheep

I'm not precious about my vote. I just like the name a lot. Roll a dice between the suggestions?

Deaths Jester

Meister's is rated as one of the harder enviroments in the game (rating 5). It's def one of those places you've got to keep an eye on it...

Glitch Girl

eyeah... let's pick something below a 5.

How does Mobile Defense Platform rate?

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Glitch Girl on June 22, 2017, 03:37:27 PM
eyeah... let's pick something below a 5.

How does Mobile Defense Platform rate?

Equivalent Rating is a one on Mobile Defense Platform and on Temple of Zhu Leuong.

Reepicheep

If the festival is too hectic, let's flip a coin for MPD (I feel MLG when I use an acronym) or ToZL.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Both of those are rated 1 by the way, so not hard.

And if you wish me to randomly pick one I shall.  I will give it a bit for final input, though.

I've also created all the banners we might need, so there is that.

Glitch Girl

I'm cool with either MDP or ToZL.  Coin-flip away.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

After multiple coin flips just for ha has like 7 out of 8 came up tails, so that means we visit the Temple of Zhu Long.  I'll start getting set up now.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's go time!  The opening situation.

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever Proletariat would be dealt non-psychic damage, redirect that damage to the clone card with the lowest HP.(Proletariat)
Reduce the first damage dealt to Biomancer each turn by 2.At the end of Biomancer's turn, Biomancer and each Fleshchild regains 2 HP.(Biomancer)
At the start of Biomancer's turn, destroy 2 Hero cards(Biomancer--The Carbon Adept)
If Mr. Fascimile is dealt exactly 1 damage, redirect it to the Hero target with the highest HP.(Biomancer--Mr. Fascimile)
At the end of Ermine's turn, reveal the top card of Ermine's villain deck. If it is a one-shot, put it into play. If not, discard it and Ermine deals the Hero target with the second-lowest HP 2 melee damage.(Ermine)
At the End of Ermine's turn discard the top card of ever deck.(Ermine--Constant Prattle)
At the end of Miss Information's turn, move the top card of each Hero deck to the Bottom of that deck.(Miss Information)
Villain Targets are Immune to damage(Miss Information--A World Improved)
If damage would reduce a target to 0 or fewer hp, prevent that damage and destroy Unshackled Destiny.(Miss Information--Unshackled Destiny)

Hero Ongoing Effects

Environment Ongoing Effects

Side: The Every Man
HP: 20/20

Spoiler

The Every Man
Whenever this card would be dealt non-psychic damage, redirect that damage to the clone card with the lowest HP. At the end of Proletariat's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

Incapacitated
At the start of Proletariat's turn, shuffle the hero trash with the most cards into its associated deck.

Deck: 18
Trash: 0

In Play:

-Proletariate--Clone, HP: 6/6

Spoiler

Proletariate: Clone, 6 HP--At the start of Proletariat's turn, the Proletariat character card deals itself 1 psychic damage. At the end of Proletariat's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

HP: 29/29

Available Powers:
Thermodynamics: Absolute Zero deals himself 1 Fire Damage or 1 Cold Damage.

Deck: 36
Hand: 4
Spoiler

Coolant Blast: Ongoing--Power: Absolute Zero deals 1 non-Hero Target X Cold Damage, where X = the amount of Fire Damage that has been dealt to Absolute Zero since the end of your last turn.
Focused Apertures: Equipment, Limited--Increase Cold Damage dealt by Absolute Zero by 1.
Isothermic Transducer: Equipment, Limited, Module--When Absolute Zero is dealt Fire Damage, Absolute Zero deals 1 Target that much Cold Damage.
Onboard Module Installation: One-Shot--You may draw a card.Search your deck for a Module card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.

In Play: 0

Side: Flesh Moulder
HP: 18/18

Spoiler

Flesh Moulder
Reduce the first damage dealt to Biomancer each turn by 2.At the end of Biomancer's turn, Biomancer and each Fleshchild regains 2 HP.

Incapacitated
Increase damage dealt to Hero targets by Hero targets by 1.

In Play: 2
-The Carbon Adept--Fleshchild, HP: 5/5
-Mr. Facisimile--Fleshchild, HP: 5/5

Spoiler

The Carbon Adept: Fleshchild, HP:5--At the start of Biomancer's turn, destroy 2 Hero Ongong cards.
Mr. Facisimile: Fleshchild, HP:5--If this card would be dealt exactly 1 damage, redirect that damage to the Hero target with the highest HP.At the end of Biomancer's turn, this card deals the Hero character card with the lowest HP 1 melee damage.

HP: 30/30
Available Powers:
Aim: Increase Damage dealt by Expatriette by 1 until the end of your next turn.

Spoiler

Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.
RPG Launcher: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card.If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.
Submachine Gun: Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.

Spoiler

Side: Con Artist Extraordinaire
HP: 25/25

Spoiler

Con Artist Extraordinaire
At the end of Ermine's turn, reveal the top card of Ermine's villain deck. If it is a one-shot, put it into play. If not, discard it and Ermine deals the Hero target with the second-lowest HP 2 melee damage.

Incapacitated
At the start of Ermine's turn, discard the top 2 cards of each Hero deck.

Deck: 19

In Play: 1
-Constant Prattle--Ongoing

Spoiler

Constant Prattle: Ongoing--At the end of Ermine's turn, discard the top card of each deck.

HP: 26/26

Available Powers
Stealth: Reduce the next Damage that would be dealt to The Wraith by 2.

Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.

Spoiler

Side: Reality Rewriter
HP: 23/23

Spoiler

Reality Rewriter
At the end of Miss Information's turn, move the top card of each Hero deck to the Bottom of that deck.

Incapacitated
At the end of Miss Information's turn, each player discards 1 card and draws 1 card.

-A World Improved--Ongoing
-Unshackled Destiny--Ongoing

Spoiler

A World Improved: Ongoing--Villain targets are immune to damage.At the end of a Hero's turn, if no cards were played and no powers were used that turn, destroy this card.
Unshackled Destiny: Ongoing--If damage would reduce a target to zero or fewer HP, prevent that damage, then destroy this card.

HP: 24/24

Available Powers
Conduct: Put the bottom card of your deck into play. You may activate an Accompany text.

Spoiler

Inspiring Supertonic: Ongoing, Harmony--Perform: One Player may use a Power now. Accompany: The Argent Adept regains 2 HP.
Instrumental Conjuration: One-Shot--Search your deck or trash for an Instrument card and put it into play. If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.You may draw a card.
Silver Shadow: One-Shot--Activate an Accompany text. You may either draw a card or play a card now.
Vernal Sonata: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP. Each Player may take 1 card other than Vernal Sonata from their trash and put it on top of their deck.

Spoiler

Deck: 15

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

Argent Adept makes an emergency call to Dark Watch and the Freedom 5.  There is something urgent they need to check out at Zyu Long's temple. Expattriette, Wraith and Absolute Zero respond.  When they arrive at the temple's entrance, they find the Argent waiting for them.  "Ah, good, you came.  Now it will be easy for my master to kill you all and copy your brain imprints for his children."  He opened him mouth, letting forth a horrible screech as Biomancer and a copy of Mr. Fixer come out from the shadows.

The screech is interupted by another voice, this one melodious and soft.  The screeching stopped.  The real Argent Adept walked up to his allies.  "When Haka told me I was supposed to be at some meeting, I knew something strange was going on.  Surrender, Biomancer.  Your poor copy is no match for the real Virtuosso of the Void."

"It is a good thing I brought friends, then." He replied, as three more villains step out of the shadows.

Proletariat's turn

Start: Proletariat deals himself 2 Psychic damage.

Play: Share in the Struggle: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of Proletariat's deck until 2 clone cards are revealed. Put them into play. Shuffle the other revealed cards into Proletariat's deck.

All 5 Proletariat's deal 2 damage to the highest. Expat, takes 2.  AZ takes 2.  They each take 2 more, then either Expat or Wraith takes another 2.  Who wants it?

Deaths Jester

catwhowalksbyhimself

Some notes.

It is essential that we work together and pull down the villains in a coordinated fashion.  I'd suggest working on Proletariat first.  He hurts himself, working on the clones is doable and we end the flood of said clones best by ending him.  Miss Information is another candidate for first target as her Ongoings are annoying.  If I get the right song and instrument card, I can bust those up easily, but I don't have it, so taking her out first is another option.

Biomancer's 2 DR means we probably want to build up a bit before taking him on.  the Carbon Adept needs to die though.

I'd suggest either AZ skip his turn to get rid of  World Improved, so Expat use her RPG to do it.  AZ needs a few turns to set up, so skipping a turn isn't necessarily very good though.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It is now Absolute Zero's turn.

Your module cards are

Isothermic Transducer: Equipment, Limited, Module--When Absolute Zero is dealt Fire Damage, Absolute Zero deals 1 Target that much Cold Damage.
Null-Point Calibration Unit: Equipment, Limited, Module--When Absolute Zero would take Cold Damage, he regains that many HP instead.

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever Proletariat would be dealt non-psychic damage, redirect that damage to the clone card with the lowest HP.(Proletariat)
Reduce the first damage dealt to Biomancer each turn by 2.At the end of Biomancer's turn, Biomancer and each Fleshchild regains 2 HP.(Biomancer)
At the start of Biomancer's turn, destroy 2 Hero cards(Biomancer--The Carbon Adept)
If Mr. Fascimile is dealt exactly 1 damage, redirect it to the Hero target with the highest HP.(Biomancer--Mr. Fascimile)
At the end of Ermine's turn, reveal the top card of Ermine's villain deck. If it is a one-shot, put it into play. If not, discard it and Ermine deals the Hero target with the second-lowest HP 2 melee damage.(Ermine)
At the End of Ermine's turn discard the top card of ever deck.(Ermine--Constant Prattle)
At the end of Miss Information's turn, move the top card of each Hero deck to the Bottom of that deck.(Miss Information)
Villain Targets are Immune to damage(Miss Information--A World Improved)
If damage would reduce a target to 0 or fewer hp, prevent that damage and destroy Unshackled Destiny.(Miss Information--Unshackled Destiny)

Hero Ongoing Effects

HP: 18/20

Spoiler

The Every Man
Whenever this card would be dealt non-psychic damage, redirect that damage to the clone card with the lowest HP. At the end of Proletariat's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

Incapacitated
At the start of Proletariat's turn, shuffle the hero trash with the most cards into its associated deck.

Trash: 1

In Play:

Spoiler

Proletariate: Clone, 6 HP--At the start of Proletariat's turn, the Proletariat character card deals itself 1 psychic damage. At the end of Proletariat's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

HP: 25/29

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Coolant Blast: Ongoing--Power: Absolute Zero deals 1 non-Hero Target X Cold Damage, where X = the amount of Fire Damage that has been dealt to Absolute Zero since the end of your last turn.
Focused Apertures: Equipment, Limited--Increase Cold Damage dealt by Absolute Zero by 1.
Onboard Module Installation: One-Shot--You may draw a card.Search your deck for a Module card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.

Spoiler

Flesh Moulder
Reduce the first damage dealt to Biomancer each turn by 2.At the end of Biomancer's turn, Biomancer and each Fleshchild regains 2 HP.

Incapacitated

Spoiler

The Carbon Adept: Fleshchild, HP:5--At the start of Biomancer's turn, destroy 2 Hero Ongong cards.
Mr. Facisimile: Fleshchild, HP:5--If this card would be dealt exactly 1 damage, redirect that damage to the Hero target with the highest HP.At the end of Biomancer's turn, this card deals the Hero character card with the lowest HP 1 melee damage.

HP: 24/30
Available Powers:

Spoiler

Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.
RPG Launcher: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card.If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.
Submachine Gun: Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.

Spoiler

Spoiler

At the end of Ermine's turn, reveal the top card of Ermine's villain deck. If it is a one-shot, put it into play. If not, discard it and Ermine deals the Hero target with the second-lowest HP 2 melee damage.

Incapacitated

Spoiler

Constant Prattle: Ongoing--At the end of Ermine's turn, discard the top card of each deck.

HP: 26/26

Available Powers

Spoiler

Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reality Rewriter
At the end of Miss Information's turn, move the top card of each Hero deck to the Bottom of that deck.

Incapacitated
At the end of Miss Information's turn, each player discards 1 card and draws 1 card.

-A World Improved--Ongoing

Spoiler

A World Improved: Ongoing--Villain targets are immune to damage.At the end of a Hero's turn, if no cards were played and no powers were used that turn, destroy this card.
Unshackled Destiny: Ongoing--If damage would reduce a target to zero or fewer HP, prevent that damage, then destroy this card.

HP: 24/24

Available Powers
Conduct: Put the bottom card of your deck into play. You may activate an Accompany text.

Spoiler

Inspiring Supertonic: Ongoing, Harmony--Perform: One Player may use a Power now. Accompany: The Argent Adept regains 2 HP.
Instrumental Conjuration: One-Shot--Search your deck or trash for an Instrument card and put it into play. If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.You may draw a card.
Silver Shadow: One-Shot--Activate an Accompany text. You may either draw a card or play a card now.
Vernal Sonata: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP. Each Player may take 1 card other than Vernal Sonata from their trash and put it on top of their deck.

Spoiler

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

I just realized Carbon isn't going to be as big as issue as I thought as most of you are dependant on equipment cards, not Ongoings.  It will shut me down completely though, as all my songs are ongoings and I'm pretty much completely worthless without them, so I'd still like him dead.

Deaths Jester

(I had already planned on taking out World Improved this round anyways so that lets you build some Cat.)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 24, 2017, 09:14:54 PM
(I had already planned on taking out World Improved this round anyways so that lets you build some Cat.)

It won't matter.  Until Carbon is dead, he will destroy all my songs.  I'll have to wait until next round at least.

Reepicheep

Definitely skipping my turn to get rid of world improved. I think I can handle getting start with AZ's setup from next round.

I think.

Will I still draw two cards? Having the two extra from this skip would give me a few more options from next round.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on June 25, 2017, 12:23:44 PM
Definitely skipping my turn to get rid of world improved. I think I can handle getting start with AZ's setup from next round.

I think.

Will I still draw two cards? Having the two extra from this skip would give me a few more options from next round.

Of course.  That is the rule.  There is nothing on A World Improved that would change that.

Reepicheep

Unless DJ *really* wants to take out A World Improved with his RPG launcher, I'll go ahead and do that.

Gimme those tasty cards, yo.

Deaths Jester

I had planned on usinh the RPGs damage to hit Carbon but that's okay. Means I can look at doing something else.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, honestly the most damage we could do to him right now before Biomancer's next turn is 3, and he heals for 2 every turn, so waiting a round until we can bring the damage might not be so good.  I can at least start summoning instruments in the meantime.

Glitch Girl

Doesn't look like I can do much helpfulness  this round. Would getting megacomputer out help (I have 2)?
-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

For safety, I'd say yes, GG, but that's just me. You could just use your power to protect yourself cause we'll be serving as punching bags till we get rid of some of these minions...

Oh and Cat, give Reep his cards...

catwhowalksbyhimself

AZ draws
Spoiler

Cryo Chamber: Equipment, Limited--Cold Damage dealt to Absolute Zero is increased by 1. Fire Damage dealt to Absolute Zero is reduced by 1. Power: Absolute Zero deals himself 5 Fire Damage. Destroy this card.
Modular Realignment: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card from your trash and put it either into your hand or into play. Absolute Zero deals himself 1 Fire Damage and 1 Cold Damage.

A World Improved is destroyed.

It is now Biomancer's turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Start:  Carbon Adept tried to destroy 2 Ongoing cards, but there are none.

Play: Homunculus:Fleshchild, HP:7--Reduce damage dealt to this card by 1. At the end of Biomancer's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

End:  Biomancer tries to heal himself and all his Fleshchildren, but they are all healthy already.

Mr. Fascimile deals Argent Adept or Expat 1 hp damage.  I'll take it since I have a self healing card in hand.

Homunculus deals Wraith 2 damage.

It is now Expatriette's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects

HP: 18/20

Spoiler

The Every Man

Incapacitated

In Play:

Spoiler

HP: 25/29

Available Powers:

Deck: 34
Hand: 6
Spoiler

Cryo Chamber: Equipment, Limited--Cold Damage dealt to Absolute Zero is increased by 1. Fire Damage dealt to Absolute Zero is reduced by 1. Power: Absolute Zero deals himself 5 Fire Damage. Destroy this card.
Modular Realignment: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card from your trash and put it either into your hand or into play. Absolute Zero deals himself 1 Fire Damage and 1 Cold Damage.

Spoiler

Flesh Moulder

Incapacitated

Deck: 17

In Play: 3
-Homunculus--Fleshchild, HP: 7/7

Spoiler

Homunculus:Fleshchild, HP:7--Reduce damage dealt to this card by 1. At the end of Biomancer's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

HP: 24/30
Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Incapacitated

Spoiler

HP: 24/26

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reality Rewriter

Incapacitated

Spoiler

HP: 23/24

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Deaths Jester

Hmm...I guess I'll play Arsenal Access and hope to get a shotgun or one of Expat's signature pistols.

After that I'll draw one and end my turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Arsenal Access gives you

Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
"Pride": Equipment, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If "Prejudice" is in play, you may use its Power now. Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time.

Deaths Jester