Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 11

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, June 07, 2017, 11:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Into hand and not into play?

Do you wish to use a power?
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 26, 2017, 08:46:21 PM
Into hand and not into play?

Do you wish to use a power?

Into hand for the moment. I know it sounds odd but I don't want to run the chance of the Environment tossing out something that will get rid of equipment cards. Also it's not strong enough yet to take out Carbon this round without the other pistol being out too.  I had hoped that I'd get "Prejudice" instead and been able to pull up "Pride", put them both into play, and actually done some real damage.  Didn't happen unhappily.  No power either.

Just checked the Environments cards and noticed nothing that would destroy equipment cards so let's just put it into play, targeting a Clone this round, use the power, draw one, and end turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Start: None

Play: Sleight of Hand: One-Shot--One player must put a card from hand on the top of their deck. Ermine deals each Hero target 1 projectile damage.

Alright, who wants to put a card back on top of their deck.  I can, but all my cards are useful and since I'm conjuring, I'll be losing it after.  I will if no one else wants to though.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Oh, I forgot Expat's draw.
Spoiler

RPG Launcher: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card.If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.

Deaths Jester

Might be a perfect time to put that second computer on the top of your deck, GG. By doing that, it should protect whatever is underneath it when Ermine ends her turn and makes us dump our top card. Just a thought...

Glitch Girl

Computer #2 goes back to the top of my deck.

BTW: For my turn, I want to play Computer #1, activate stealth, and draw.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Continuing Ermine's turn.

End: Ermine discards Tantrum: 5 hp, Nemesis(Sky-Scraper)--At the end of Ermine's turn, destroy 1 Environment card. Then, if Sky-Scraper is active in this game and there are no Environment cards in play, this card deals each Hero target 2 melee damage.

Ermine then deals Argent 2 damage.

Ermine then discards the tops cards of every deck.  As there are 9 different decks involved, I will only list them if asked.

It is now Wraith's turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Wraith draws
Spoiler

Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It is now Miss Information's turn.

Play: Deja Vu: One-Shot--Each Hero target deals itself 1 psychic damage. Move 1 Ongoing card from Miss Information's trash into play. Move 1 Ongoing card from 1 Hero trash into play.

A World Improved comes back into play!  There are no Hero Ongoings in the trash.  All the heroes hurt themselves except Wraith who somehow hides from herself.

The top card from every Hero deck is moved to the bottom.

It is now Argent Adepts turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Start: Nothing

Play: Instrumental Conjuration: One-Shot--Search your deck or trash for an Instrument card and put it into play. If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.You may draw a card.

I summon up Musaragni's Harp: Equipment, Instrument--Power: Activate the Perform text of a Harmony card and the Accompany text of a Harmony card.

Power: Conduct.  Arcane Cadence: One-Shot--Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck. Put 1 of them in your hand, 1 on the top of your deck, 1 on the bottom of your deck, 1 in your trash, and play 1.

My draw is
Spoiler

Inspiring Supertonic: Ongoing, Harmony--Perform: One Player may use a Power now. Accompany: The Argent Adept regains 2 HP.
Counterpoint Bulwark: Ongoing, Rhythm--Perform: Select up to 2 Targets. Until the start of your next turn, reduce Damage dealt to those Targets by 1. Accompany: One Player may draw 1 card now.
Inventive Preparation   : Ongoing, Rhythm--Perform: Each Player may look at the top card of their Hero deck, then replace it or discard it. Accompany: One Player, other than you, may play 1 card now.
Polyphoric Flare: One-Shot--The Argent Adept deals himself 2 Energy Damage. If he takes Damage this way, you may use a Power now.
Sarabande of Destruction: Ongoing, Melody--Perform: Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card.

I will put Inspiring on the bottom, Polyphoric in the trash, Saranbande in my hand, Counterpoint on top of my deck, and Inventive into play.  I activate the Accompany of Inventive Preparation.  I think either Expat or Wraith should get the play so they can blow up World Improved again.  Any preference?

Deaths Jester

How badly do we want to weaken the clones ahead of time? If we want to have them pretty weak then haviog me use an RPG and having the damage hit two seperate clones is the best way.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 27, 2017, 11:41:35 PM
How badly do we want to weaken the clones ahead of time? If we want to have them pretty weak then haviog me use an RPG and having the damage hit two seperate clones is the best way.

It would be good to weaken then.  I also wouldn't mind chipping away at Carbon Adept.  I really need him out of the way so I can start deploying songs.  The one I just played is disposable, but I need the others.

Deaths Jester

Another idea with the RPG would be to damage Carbon and Reep to help him build up strength on cold attacks. The one problem is Biomancer will heal Carbon before we have time to knock him out just yet.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Hitting him with fire now before he actually has anything that can use that in play is sort of pointless.  He does the potential to deal 1 or 2 points of damage to Carbon himself which will help mitigate the healing.  And the envirnment does have some things that would also damage him.  If you had hit it with your gun, we actually be able to kill him on AZ's turn for sure, but we didn't know that song would come up from my power.  Argent lets people do lots of extra things, so it's hard to predict.

Deaths Jester

Okay, so I'll use RPG then. One question before damage: does the damage done by RPG HAVE to be two seperate targets or could the one target getting both damage hits? We know one hit will be Carbon...

Glitch Girl

A World Improved comes back into play!  There are no Hero Ongoings in the trash.  All the heroes hurt themselves except Wraith who somehow hides from herself.

It's called "Deep Denial".  :D

DJ I'll let it be your call on Inventive. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 28, 2017, 12:10:46 AM
Okay, so I'll use RPG then. One question before damage: does the damage done by RPG HAVE to be two seperate targets or could the one target getting both damage hits? We know one hit will be Carbon...

You can deal 2 damage to a number of different targets between 0 and 2.  So no, you can't hit the same one twice.

Deaths Jester

Alright so the targets for the damage will be Carbon and a clone.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Alright then.  I draw my card.

It is now the Temple's turn.

Play: Shinobi Assassin: Dragon's Student, HP: 3--When this card enters play, it deals the non-Environment target with the lowest HP 3 melee damage. When this card would be destroyed, move it to the top of a Hero deck instead. When this card would be drawn, discarded, revealed, or played, put it into play in the Environment play area.

It kills the Carbon Adept.  Woot!

End: Nothing

It is now Proletariat's turn.

Start: Proletariat takes 4 Psychic damage.

Play: Overwhelm the Mighty: One-Shot--Each Proletariat deals the Hero target with the highest HP 1 irreducible melee damage.

The Proletariats deals 1 damage each to Wraith, AZ, then again to both, then to Expat.

End.  The Proletariats do more smacking around.  Wraith, AZ, and Expat take 2 more each.  That puts everyone at 19 each.  2 more need to take damage.  I'll take 2, since I'm about to start kicking up large amounts of self healing.  Who else?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Oops.  I just realized that thanks to the Wraith's computer, the Shinobi cannot kill Carbon.  AZ can finish him off, though.

Deaths Jester

catwhowalksbyhimself

That makes it Absolute Zero's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever Proletariat would be dealt non-psychic damage, redirect that damage to the clone card with the lowest HP.(Proletariat)
Reduce the first damage dealt to Biomancer each turn by 2.At the end of Biomancer's turn, Biomancer and each Fleshchild regains 2 HP.(Biomancer)
At the start of Biomancer's turn, destroy 2 Hero cards(Biomancer--The Carbon Adept)
If Mr. Fascimile is dealt exactly 1 damage, redirect it to the Hero target with the highest HP.(Biomancer--Mr. Fascimile)
At the end of Ermine's turn, reveal the top card of Ermine's villain deck. If it is a one-shot, put it into play. If not, discard it and Ermine deals the Hero target with the second-lowest HP 2 melee damage.(Ermine)
At the End of Ermine's turn discard the top card of ever deck.(Ermine--Constant Prattle)
At the end of Miss Information's turn, move the top card of each Hero deck to the Bottom of that deck.(Miss Information)
If damage would reduce a target to 0 or fewer hp, prevent that damage and destroy Unshackled Destiny.(Miss Information--Unshackled Destiny)

Hero Ongoing Effects

Environment Ongoing Effects

Side: The Every Man
HP: 14/20

Spoiler

The Every Man
Whenever this card would be dealt non-psychic damage, redirect that damage to the clone card with the lowest HP. At the end of Proletariat's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

Incapacitated
At the start of Proletariat's turn, shuffle the hero trash with the most cards into its associated deck.

Deck: 14
Trash: 2

In Play:

-Proletariate--Clone, HP: 2/6
-Proletariate--Clone, HP: 6/6

Spoiler

Proletariate: Clone, 6 HP--At the start of Proletariat's turn, the Proletariat character card deals itself 1 psychic damage. At the end of Proletariat's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

HP: 19/29

Available Powers:
Thermodynamics: Absolute Zero deals himself 1 Fire Damage or 1 Cold Damage.

Deck: 33
Hand: 6
Spoiler

Cryo Chamber: Equipment, Limited--Cold Damage dealt to Absolute Zero is increased by 1. Fire Damage dealt to Absolute Zero is reduced by 1. Power: Absolute Zero deals himself 5 Fire Damage. Destroy this card.
Modular Realignment: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card from your trash and put it either into your hand or into play. Absolute Zero deals himself 1 Fire Damage and 1 Cold Damage.
Coolant Blast: Ongoing--Power: Absolute Zero deals 1 non-Hero Target X Cold Damage, where X = the amount of Fire Damage that has been dealt to Absolute Zero since the end of your last turn.
Focused Apertures: Equipment, Limited--Increase Cold Damage dealt by Absolute Zero by 1.
Isothermic Transducer: Equipment, Limited, Module--When Absolute Zero is dealt Fire Damage, Absolute Zero deals 1 Target that much Cold Damage.
Onboard Module Installation: One-Shot--You may draw a card.Search your deck for a Module card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.

Trash: 1
In Play: 0

Side: Flesh Moulder
HP: 18/18

Spoiler

Flesh Moulder
Reduce the first damage dealt to Biomancer each turn by 2.At the end of Biomancer's turn, Biomancer and each Fleshchild regains 2 HP.

Incapacitated
Increase damage dealt to Hero targets by Hero targets by 1.

Deck: 16

In Play: 2
-The Carbon Adept--Fleshchild, HP: 1/5
-Mr. Facisimile--Fleshchild, HP: 5/5
-Homunculus--Fleshchild, HP: 7/7

Spoiler

The Carbon Adept: Fleshchild, HP:5--At the start of Biomancer's turn, destroy 2 Hero Ongong cards.
Mr. Facisimile: Fleshchild, HP:5--If this card would be dealt exactly 1 damage, redirect that damage to the Hero target with the highest HP.At the end of Biomancer's turn, this card deals the Hero character card with the lowest HP 1 melee damage.
Homunculus:Fleshchild, HP:7--Reduce damage dealt to this card by 1. At the end of Biomancer's turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.

HP: 17/30
Available Powers:
Aim: Increase Damage dealt by Expatriette by 1 until the end of your next turn.
"Pride": Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If "Prejudice" is in play, you may use its Power now.

Hand: 4
Spoiler

RPG Launcher: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card.If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.
Submachine Gun: Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.
In Play: 1
-"Pride"--Equipment, Gun

Spoiler

"Pride": Equipment, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If "Prejudice" is in play, you may use its Power now. Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time.

Side: Con Artist Extraordinaire
HP: 25/25

Spoiler

Con Artist Extraordinaire
At the end of Ermine's turn, reveal the top card of Ermine's villain deck. If it is a one-shot, put it into play. If not, discard it and Ermine deals the Hero target with the second-lowest HP 2 melee damage.

Incapacitated
At the start of Ermine's turn, discard the top 2 cards of each Hero deck.

Trash: 3

-Constant Prattle--Ongoing

Spoiler

Constant Prattle: Ongoing--At the end of Ermine's turn, discard the top card of each deck.

HP: 19/26

Available Powers
Stealth: Reduce the next Damage that would be dealt to The Wraith by 2.

Hand: 3
Spoiler

Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.
-Mega Computer--Equipment

Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.

Side: Reality Rewriter
HP: 23/23

Spoiler

Reality Rewriter
At the end of Miss Information's turn, move the top card of each Hero deck to the Bottom of that deck.

Incapacitated
At the end of Miss Information's turn, each player discards 1 card and draws 1 card.

-Unshackled Destiny--Ongoing

Spoiler

Unshackled Destiny: Ongoing--If damage would reduce a target to zero or fewer HP, prevent that damage, then destroy this card.

HP: 17/24

Available Powers
Conduct: Put the bottom card of your deck into play. You may activate an Accompany text.

Deck: 35
Hand: 4
Spoiler

Counterpoint Bulwark: Ongoing, Rhythm--Perform: Select up to 2 Targets. Until the start of your next turn, reduce Damage dealt to those Targets by 1. Accompany: One Player may draw 1 card now.
Sarabande of Destruction: Ongoing, Melody--Perform: Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card.
Inspiring Supertonic: Ongoing, Harmony--Perform: One Player may use a Power now. Accompany: The Argent Adept regains 2 HP.
Silver Shadow: One-Shot--Activate an Accompany text. You may either draw a card or play a card now.
Vernal Sonata: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP. Each Player may take 1 card other than Vernal Sonata from their trash and put it on top of their deck.
-Musaragni's Harp--Equipment, Instrument

Spoiler

Musaragni's Harp: Equipment, Instrument--Power: Activate the Perform text of a Harmony card and the Accompany text of a Harmony card.

Deck: 14
Trash: 1
-Shinobi Assassin--Dragon's Student, HP: 3/3

Spoiler

Shinobi Assassin: Dragon's Student, HP: 3--When this card enters play, it deals the non-Environment target with the lowest HP 3 melee damage. When this card would be destroyed, move it to the top of a Hero deck instead. When this card would be drawn, discarded, revealed, or played, put it into play in the Environment play area.

Deaths Jester

I should only have one RPG in my hand, other was used.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 28, 2017, 04:49:26 AM
I should only have one RPG in my hand, other was used.

Yeah, I forgot to update that. I'll fix it by your turn though.

Reepicheep

I'll play Isothermic Transducer and then burn myself in order to freeze Carbon to death.

Science.

Edit: wait, with unshackled destiny, won't me attack be prevented?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on June 28, 2017, 11:27:19 AM
I'll play Isothermic Transducer and then burn myself in order to freeze Carbon to death.

Science.

Edit: wait, with unshackled destiny, won't me attack be prevented?

You are correct.  I noticed it early today myself.  I think it's still worth doing.  We'll be able to kill it by next round and at least Destiny will be gone.

Deaths Jester

I'll be able to kill it on my turn because I think I used my power last turn to increase my damage till the end of my upcoming turn..if so, then I'll be able to kill it.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 28, 2017, 09:52:27 PM
I'll be able to kill it on my turn because I think I used my power last turn to increase my damage till the end of my upcoming turn..if so, then I'll be able to kill it.

You shot a clone with your gun instead.  You will, however, be able to reduce it to hp.

Deaths Jester

On my turn: shoot Carbon with pistol, draw, end.

Reepicheep

Since taking out Isothermic Inducer is a good idea anyway, I'll stick with my described turn. In the very least, it'll get rid of Unshackled Destiny.