News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Not-Stricly-Comics Books forum?

Started by stumpy, June 21, 2017, 06:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

Is there a regular books forum on the board? I know this seems like a ridiculous question coming from me. But, the truth is that there are a few forums that I have only read once or twice and I might have missed some venue for discussion just because I never really spent enough time in it.

What I am talking about is an FR forum or subforum for discussion of regular (not-necessarily-graphic-novel-style) books. Possibly focused mostly on superheroes or gaming.

For instance, I recently read Super Sales on Super Heroes by William D. Arand. There were parts of it that I sorted wanted to discuss and hear others' opinions on. FR seems like a good place for such discussion, but I don't recall seeing much of that here, although there are book discussion topics that surface from time to time. I also read a fair amount of swords-and-sorcery books and some in the Lit-RPG genre. Both seem like good matches for FR members' interests. There could even be sort of semi-regular threads on various books by arrangement, sort of book-club style. (I have a Kindle Unlimited subscription, so I get to read plenty of books by typically lesser-known authors at relatively low cost.)

Anyway, if this is already going on in one of the forums and I just haven't stumbled across it, then let me know. And, if it isn't, I guess I am curious if anyone else would be interested in making that a thing here on FR, either in an existing forum or perhaps in a new one, if the idea took off.

And, yes, I'll hapilly move this post to the appropriate forum if it turns out there already is one.  ;)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

daglob

I posted a couple of book reviews in the Comics forum. They were on Max Allan Collins' Jake and Maggie Starr series and Fredric Wertham's Seduction of the Innocent. No one complained. If I get better, there are some other comic-related books I'd like to review.

Epimethee

I think it's an excellent idea, Stumpy!

I'm hoping to see reviews from you soon, Daglob, as a testimonial to your improving health.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com