News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Adam West too.

Started by Glitch Girl, June 10, 2017, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/adam-west-dead-dies-batman-1202461532/

QuoteAdam West — an actor defined and also constrained by his role in the 1960s series "Batman" — died Friday night in Los Angeles. He was 88. A rep said that he died after a short battle with leukemia.

:(
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Just saw this.  He wasn't the most comic-accurate Batman ever by a long shot, but he was the most memorable and the most fun.  More than one generation grew up watching his silly bat-adventures.  He will be missed.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Silver Shocker

Man that's sad. I actually just watched the Adam West 1966 Batman movie on Netflix a few weeks ago.
Always liked Adam West, both in the Batman tv show (which I saw in syndication as a kid. Always bugged me that I never saw the conclusion to all those cliffhangers) his various cameos in Batman cartoons, and of course, his over-the-top persona in Family Guy.
He was a supposed to do a sequel to the animated movie Return of the Caped Crusaders, featuring William Shatner as Two-Face. I can only assume that's gonna be not made now, unless he already recorded his dialogue or they use a different actor.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

daglob

Cyber Burn

Had to send my Son into the other Room when I saw this so he wouldn't see the tears welling up.

President Raygun

My first introduction to super-heroes, I know it's campy now but back then I was sold. Loved seeing him pop up in other stuff over the years (who can forget the Gray Ghost in BTAS) gonna miss him. Bravo,sir!

Tomato

Man... I was just replaying both the credit sequence and 66 Batman level from Lego Batman 3 this morning. That... that really sucks.

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

spydermann93

Wow... this was unexpected news.

Just... wow :(

Silver Shocker

There's apparently reports West finished recording his dialogue for the Caped Crusaders sequel, so its possible we might get to hear him in one last glorious performance. I actually really hope that happens and West and Shatner in the same movie will be a fanboy dream come true, and I imagine if it does get made it will get a lot of press due to West's passing.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

The Phantom Eyebrow

Sad news.  Hopefully you're correct Shocker about him recording his dialogue there.  On paper, a West-Shatner double act sounds tremendous indeed!

Silver Shocker

It's now confirmed.

Burt Ward and Julie Newmar will return as well to voice Robin and Catwoman.
~Rocky Balboa

SickAlice

I'm okay with it and not to sound cold. But West lived a full life and accomplished what he set out to and right to a ripe age for an American. That's a good death instead of being cheated by it as well in his case he lives on the legacy he's left.