Independence Day Challenge 2017-Over 'til next year...

Started by daglob, June 15, 2017, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Sorry, I seem to be slacking off. The challenge is to create some kind of patriotic content and put it someplace that your peers (that's us) can see it and marvel at its' awesomeness. You can do up your avatar in red, white, and blue, create your own patriotic character, do a flag-draped character from the golden age (I haven't even begun to cover them). Any kind of content is acceptable; FX, mini-mods, props, universal keyframes that included a salute, amalgams, teams of flag-wavers, maybe patriotic agents for a red, white, and blue organization, or even a piece of Independence Day themed art.

The rules are simple:

Deadline is July 4th

Let us see what you do

Have fun

If you can cross this up with part of the FF Anniversary Challenge, that is fine.

To get us started:

I know, you are gong "What the bleep? Glob, that isn't a patriotic character.", and all I can say is he's an old Batman villain, The Star Spangled Man.

Okay, he's also know as Bag O' Bones; he was the only thing I had I could use.

Ouflah

Wow, that looks super cool!  :thumbup:

I had never heard of that villain. Did some digging... apparently it's "spark" spangled, DaGlob.  :P

I read it as star-spangled when I saw the cover too, haha.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

daglob

Well, I said I was stretching a bit.

kkhohoho

For whatever reason, just looking at the title, I assumed this was to be a challenge for making characters from the movie Independence Day. Obviously, that was just silly. ;)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

daglob

Hey, if that's what you want to do...

daglob

Here is someone I need to redo-The Flag.  I need to look into making him spout stars when he flies... and if I can do that, maybe The Music Master (no relation) will be easy...

Anyway, here is a good old son of the red, white, and blue.

Cyber Burn

Very cool Daglob, hopefully I can get in on this.

daglob

From the Champions RPG we have The Golden Avenger. A kind of Captain America/Nick Fury clone, he is a mutant-hating paranoid fascist who may one day duplicate the career of his not-so-opposite counterpart from a parallel universe who takes over the country... waitaminit... this was in 1985? Hmmmm...

Anyway, this is a WIP.

daglob

A Primus Agent to go along with The Golden Avenger.

SickAlice

Hail Hydra!
Oops...I mean God bless America and awesome stuff. I like the Star Spangled Man the best, it's a unique visual for a patriotic character.

daglob

A group of Primus Agents to keep The Golden Avenger company.

Cyber Burn

CANNONFODDER!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Um...I mean...Awesome heroic and honorable Soldiers of Justice!  :thumbup:

daglob

Somehow, I just keep making more... Made one after I did this pic; Photobucket had a persistient unexpected error and wouldn't let me post it.

daglob

So, here is the completed Minuitepool.

daglob

Cyber Burn

Now that's cool! Unfortunately, I don't know if I'm going to finish anything that I started this year.

Deaths Jester

Shouldn't that be..American Spider instead?!?!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

CB: That's okay; I was late making the challenge.

DJ: American Spider, Spider-American, either one is silly...

BentonGrey

Ha, wow DG!  That's an awesome design and a great looking skin!  I quite like that one!  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

How big is that?

And can she be made part of a Ghostbuster's mod?

Regardless, she's beautiful.

daglob

... but if you have something almost finished, we would still love to see it. If not, well, see you next challenge...

SickAlice

I was mutitasking sorry, "how beautiful" is your Spider-man. That's seriously such a flawless design you should submit to Marvel and they should use it.
Liberty is human sized but naturally she can be jumped up at the handle, though I'd just as well skope her onto one with giant animations to get the full range.
Speaking of I meant to adjust those so that she uses/raises her torch in key animations (swapping sides) but me and keyframes, well maybe some other time.