News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 130: Mantis

Started by Podmark, June 17, 2017, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Mantis' original costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

I think this will be our last Guardians rating and we'll end with Mantis:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

I don't like it. I could never figure out exactly what they were doing. Yeah, she has antennae, but what about the hula skirt? The skyrocket shoulders? I know she is a martial artist whose name probably is supposed to represent some kind of fighting style, but, I just don't like it. It doesn't say "Celestial Madonna" to me either.

Glitch Girl

One of those "how the hell does that stay on?" bodices with a skirt of ribbons. Does not feel like heroic garb or anything beyond some kind of dancer.  Count me as "not a fan".
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

daglob

Quote from: Glitch Girl on June 19, 2017, 01:55:58 AM
One of those "how the hell does that stay on?" bodices with a skirt of ribbons. Does not feel like heroic garb or anything beyond some kind of dancer.  Count me as "not a fan".

The CCA?

Podmark

Gotta go with Dislike on this one. Totally impractical, and honestly doesn't even look that good. I'm not sure Mantis has any good looking costumes in the comics either. Some of the team looks are alright but nothing that is truly hers.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page