News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 131: Green Arrow Rebirth

Started by Podmark, June 25, 2017, 03:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Green Arrow's Rebirth design?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

Now that I'm done with Guardians, we'll do back to some DC Rebirth designs. This week we'll do Green Arrow, who now looks like this:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Meh. I'm old. Actually, I never cared either way for GA's Gold/Silver age costume, preferring his Neal Adams and Mike Grell designed costumes much more.

Glitch Girl

A little pointless-line-heavy in parts, but overall a very nice design.  Always been a fan of the hood. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Ouflah

I like it enough as a Green Arrow design, although every design with a hood kinda baffles me. Sure, the classic cap may not look "realistic," but if I were GA I'd choose that over blocking my peripheral vision.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

Tomato

As someone who's tried to wear hats like that... there's no way short of stapling it to your head that hat would stay on in combat. Granted, suspension of disbelief on that and domino masks is the norm, but you can't say "the hood is a problem because it blocks peripheral vision" when A. Presumably it's designed with that in mind and isn't the same as a garbage raincoat or hoodie hood, and B. is attached to your shirt so if it falls off who cares? I always point back to the Damian Wayne/Dick Grayson bit where Richard is chiding Damian for choosing to wear a hood (Morrison's response to All Star Batman's own scene about the same topic) where Damian is just like "And? I'm trained well enough that I can fight while blindfolded, so who cares?"

Don't get me wrong, I love the hat too, but any argument which tries to say the hat is more practical than a hood (which also hides hair color and obscures facial features in shadow) is nonsense. More visually appealing I'll grant, but practical? No.

That said, the design is ok. I liked it more when it was an actual outfit on Arrow, but even they quickly went back to the full jacket so the arms weren't exposed to gunfire.

HarryTrotter

IDK,I would have to see it before I can judge.  :rolleyes:
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Ouflah

Well, in the show the hood doesn't stay on by itself during the fights. The stuntman has to wear a beanie with velcro attaching it to the hood. Both take some suspension of disbelief, but-- staying on your head notwithstanding-- I think the cap has a few advantages over the hood.

Also, lucky! :P I'd get a kick out of trying on that type of hat. I know it's called a bycoket, but I've never come across one.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

BentonGrey

2: Ehh, it's mostly inoffensive, but it's the same kind of thing as most of the rest of the new designs.  It's less of an offender than most, but it sacrifices style for realism.  At least they gave him back the goatee!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

I like it. It's a solid modern GA costume. I'm definitely pro hood as well.

I have trouble determining exactly what I'd change. Maybe a bit of cleanup and a little more style.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page