News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Nifscope help needed now... (way down)

Started by daglob, June 28, 2017, 04:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I never really know where to put something like this. I am asking for help locating a piece for scoping and Blenderizing. Should this be a Request? I don't know.

I need a sphere I can use Blender to cut a hole out of the side and make it a helmet. I have tried the process for making a sphere and editing it in Blender, but after constructing one I can't seem to assign it textures. I used a sphere from the game (a helmet from JP's Hulkbuster scope; he says it comes from Tommy's Ultimate Iron Man), but can't seem to get the hole right. Any other suggestions?

There are two kinds of mooks that would use these helmets...

Viper Agents (Champions RPG)

Spaceballs

Kenn

When I need a sphere, I often use the one from Saracen's "Big @$$ Fro" available from Alex's place.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

Working on it; we'll see what happens.

Thanks!

SickAlice

I'll make one for you, easy task. I assume the usual for  :ff: and  :ffvstr: right?

daglob

Right. I hope they will eventually be hosted at Alex's place.

SickAlice

That was fun. You should put together a thread list of your top wants for costume/body parts. I tend to lose track of some of these as well usually they're not that hard to do and I could probably knock a bunch out of the ballpark for you easy.

Cyber Burn

Well, got stuck on the Cylon's Helmet. I was able to add a spot for the texture, but I couldn't get it mapped, so the texture never showed up.

daglob

I saved it in Blender; I'll pull it up again and see if I can figure out what went wrong...

daglob

Well, I've tried to get Blender to assign a texture and materials to the .obj, but I can't do it. :angry:

detourne_me

Is it an unmapped object?
I've had some success mapping textureless objects before.
I've got a few days before I go on vacation for the summer, so I could help out if you'd like.

daglob

I was checking the animations on Male Rotund 2 while I was working up a Spider Spry pack for Alex, and I noticed a "break" in the Male Rotund 2 mesh. Most of the time, it is barely noticeable, but every once in awhile, there is a big gap in his crotch which looks painful. Someplace I saw a note about "welding" the vertexes or something, and I think it was stated that you could do it in Blender.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

daglob

I posted this pic awhile back, and got help with finding some clips. Now there is a problem: the cape clips disappear into the chest, along with the ends of the cape, during most animations. Can someone tell me how to fix it, or do I need to start over on a different mesh. This is Bearded's Injustice Superman, which has several nice things going for it.

detourne_me

Which node are they attached to? Spine1 or R/L clavicle? Maybe it would be worth it to put them on the other nodes?
The other thing that might work (and you could fix the hair at the same time - i think it floats a bit) would be to weld them onto the mesh in blender... but then you might have to assign bone weights.

daglob

The clips are attached to Spine1; I don't know about the cape. I've tried sticking other things to the mesh, but it's been so long I don't remember how. Right now, he has "no" hair; I was looking into some, since I think I could use the same hair for Captain Kid.

SickAlice

Found the original release thread but can't locate the download for it. Without looking I would figure the issue would be either the keyframes lack the cape node information (less likely), the cape in the nif lacks the cape bones and/or weights, in one or other case the string names aren't matching, combination of any. Usually when the cape falls through the body it's because it's being treated as a static object attached to one node. So like when it's attached to the neck or spine one the top will follow those bones closely but the bottom and sides with no bones to follow will simple angle and fall through the body mesh.

daglob

The cape tips drop into the chest. The cape itself animates; I haven't looked at the cape bones in Nifscope; I looked through the blocks in the chest. The cape tips don't show when hey move, because of the heavy "S" shield on the original. It's a case of it working fine for the original character, but problems coming in when it is adapted to another character.

SickAlice

*snip*

fixed and sent via PM.

For reference the body model was in a noclod node whereas typically that should be named male_basic/male_cape. The cape model was in the Scene Root so I made a cape node and put it in there. I couldn't access the strings in the keys but there was a mess happening in there (lots of floating unassigned tracks) so I substituted Gren's keys just to make sure naming conventions where aligned. Lastly the nif had several floating unassigned texture instances as well multiple assigned to the same models so I cleaned that out. There are still multiple light sources but ultimately that shouldn't harm anything as they have identical values.

daglob

How do you take two pieces in Nifscope and make them act as one? I'm going to take Male Heavy Chaingun and replace the spinning barrels with a single barrel (and I'm open to suggestions for the barrel).

SickAlice

Copy the one to the node you want it to inherit the properties of. If a piece moves during certain animations it's being told to by the keyframes. In that case you need to leave the original node as well as the new copy. You don't need to leave the mesh itself however, you can hide it or just delete it to shrink the size of the nif.