News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Isn't my new Avatar awesome!

Started by Podmark, July 01, 2017, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Photobucket is apparently unhappy that I share my images on other sites - although I kinda thought that was the whole point. Right now it only seems to be affecting my avatar.
Can anyone recommend a better image host?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

kkhohoho

Oh, I don't know, I think your new avatar suits you. Really lets us know you're giving it 100%. And really, that's more than can be said for most people. ;)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

spydermann93

detourne_me

I also use imgur. The only issue is getting downvotes if you have public galleries. For example some of my tutorials were downvoted on it. The user base there doesnt seem to realize that its an image hosting site first, and a community second.

daglob

Quote from: Podmark on July 01, 2017, 09:38:31 PM
Photobucket is apparently unhappy that I share my images on other sites - although I kinda thought that was the whole point. Right now it only seems to be affecting my avatar.
Can anyone recommend a better image host?

Just to let you know it's nothing personal, they hit me and CB too.

Deaths Jester

I seem to be the only one they haven't hit @ Photobucket yet but I've already started moving away from it in the past few days.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

So an image hosting site has decided that they don't like hosting people's images?  I can see that's going to turn out really well for them.

At least with having my own website, I never have to worry about things like this.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

daglob

Oh, they don't care if you host images, you can add all you want. They just won't let you link them to anyplace unless you pay them a minimum of $39.99 a month.

SickAlice

..and with having cat letting us couch surf neither do I, thank you again. Photobucket was the first I signed up for years ago but I always knew it was a hook with these sites and the hammer would fall one day. Because really you can host files pretty much anywhere so what's the point? These days right off your hard drive through OneDrive if you please. I bowed back when they started covering them with ads. The key word was always "service". Beware that.

spydermann93

Quote from: detourne_me on July 01, 2017, 10:11:20 PM
I also use imgur. The only issue is getting downvotes if you have public galleries. For example some of my tutorials were downvoted on it. The user base there doesnt seem to realize that its an image hosting site first, and a community second.

Yeah, Imgur is a very strange community. Very fickle bunch, that site.

But honestly, that site is just fine for hosting images. You don't even need to make them public. You can just share a direct link to the image. That's what I do with my stuff.

EDIT: Also, just found out that Ben Riely's Marvel RPG site has tons of images blocked out from Photobucket, too.

BentonGrey

Yeah, a few years ago I found that Photobucket had aparently deleted like all of my pictures, so I moved over to Imgur.  Jerks.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Thanks guys, I'll set up an Imgur account soon.

I haven't had any major problems with Photoshop beyond this. Their site got bloated and slow over the past year but otherwise it's been okay.
Oddly the only image I have on there that isn't appearing for me is my avatar. I know Spade couldn't see the Green Arrow poll, but C6 clearly saw my latest skins. Makes me wonder what exactly is being restricted. Maybe it's only high traffic images?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

SickAlice