News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

merge mods?

Started by oktokels, July 02, 2017, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

can someone give me a quick run on how to merge two mods together (chars, maps and fxs)??? thx :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Howdy Oktokels, the process is relatively simple, but depending on the mods, you might have a lot of problems from the result.  So, be sure to back everything up.

In terms of the merging, you can really just copy the contents of one mod's Art, Mission, and Sounds folders into those of another.  Then, you'd want to open up FFEdit and merge the dats from mod A into those of mod B.  Make sure you're always merging in the same direction. 

That would take care of most of the content, but if the mods make use of custom attributes, AI, or other stuff from the Missions/Scripts folder, that would all be lost.  You could go through and add all of those things by hand by copying them from one set of files to another, though.

I hope that helps.  Good luck!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oktokels

Hmmm, ok i'll give it a try. I tried it once in the past, but some map buildings and objects were missing... I'll try now and see what happens.

thanks man !! 
:thumbup: :thumbup: