Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Poll

What's your favorite Star Trek show?

(T)he (O)riginal (S)eries (Includes TAS)
6 (31.6%)
Next Generation
5 (26.3%)
Deep Space Nine
6 (31.6%)
Voyager
1 (5.3%)
Enterprise
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Favorite Star Trek Show  (Read 2035 times)

Offline HarryTrotter

Re: Favorite Star Trek Show
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2018, 05:22:57 PM »
Only because bad and "trying to imitate a 20 year old tv-show" are not quite the same.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Offline HANK

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »
In general,I think the static idea of DS9 enabled them to truly demonstrate the results of the groups activity instead of We discover a Planet-of-Hats,teach them why their insensible ways are awful and bugger off at twist speed.

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2019, 01:34:38 PM »
In general,I think the static idea of DS9 enabled them to truly demonstrate the results of the groups activity instead of We discover a Planet-of-Hats,teach them why their insensible ways are awful and bugger off at twist speed.
Wow,thats almost like what I said. 🙂
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Offline SickAlice

• Virtual prophet and aspiring beet farmer
  • bing cherry
    • The Litterbox aka MeanJellybean
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2019, 05:07:22 PM »
I think of Star Trek like I do Ninja Turtles, there's no wrong answer. More there's just the nostalgia for whichever a generation grew up with. My generation was therefore TNG. In fact there wasn't many highlighted live action shows in the era, most were either sitcoms or Cops. It was a show my best bud and I would have little hangouts with pizza bagel snacks and such for each new episode. So it has that special place for me. My moms is the original series for the same reason. My cat Peanut likes the original, his favorite show period for that matter. I think it's because of the odd reverb sounds and more because the angles on the close up shots are ocular not unlike how a cat is supposed to see a human head from it's vantage.