News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 133: Wally West Rebirth

Started by Podmark, July 09, 2017, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Wally West's Rebirth Flash look?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

In DC's Rebirth relaunch they brought back the classic Wally West and he got a new look:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

2: Surprisingly, this one isn't incredibly overdesigned as most of the new costumes are.  However, the red on red just looks boring.  You need more contrast.  If you replaced the body with yellow, I think this would look quite nice.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

2. I'm with Benton here. I was actually excited about the return of the "Original" Wally West, at least until I saw the Costume. The Red on Red is bland, and really needs something else to bring out the spark that it has the potential for. Unfortunately, the White just doesn't cut it here.

Courtnall6

I like this one well enough. It's simple and sleek like any good Flash costume should be. My only real complaint is the orange hair and the red suit are too similar. The design would pop more if Wally's hair was white to match the white lightning details. Or keep the hair orange and change the lighter red to white and change the white lightning details to orange.

I give it a 7 out of 10.

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Tomato

I think it's a good attempt at doing something Flash artists have struggled with for the last few decades... having Wally be unique standing next to Barry, but still having him be the Flash. And it works... sort of. Admittedly I agree with C6 about the hair in particular... I get that it's a nod to the Kid Flash design and it's an easy way to distinguish Wally from Barry, but in practice it just doesn't look good. Kid Flash's design worked because of the yellow costume, so doing that with the red just isn't as compelling.

I did a quick photoshop job for fun and... Yeah, it does look significantly better.

Cyber Burn

While this does look much better than the first image, I still feel as though something is missing. Maybe I'm still stuck on the fact that there is no Yellow in the design. Jay, Barry, Wally (Kid Flash), Reverse Flash, Zoom, all had Red and Yellow implemented in their Costumes.

But no Yellow here.

And no Yellow = no Flash.

Problem solved.

Glitch Girl

I agree, it really needs some yellow in there.  It's not bad, but it feels a little too monochromatic without the yellow, and the red hair is too close to the red suit. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

Add me to the Dislike group.
There's potential here. I like the silver, and the red base is fine. Like other's have pointed out the darker red is too close to the main red though. I think black would work better - I've seen an unused design by Booth for Wally that used black and that looked kinda cool.

A agree with the criticism of the open hair, and Tomato's version with the full mask looks nicer. Too much red, not enough contrast, and I'm not the biggest fan of the Flash design in general.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page