News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Downloadable Herofiles?

Started by kkhohoho, July 24, 2017, 02:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkhohoho

Hi everybody! Anyhoo, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's any good resources for downloading hero files. The thing is, I've always wanted to have one big mega-collection of all of my favorite heroes and villians from Marvel to DC to whoever else, but the problem is, I've just never had the time or drive to make all of them myself. The sad thing is, I've actually made close to 50 HF's over the last few years, but that's just a drop in the pond when it comes to the Big Two. So I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a place I could download herofiles enmasse, because while I'd love to have my own personal dream roster, I'm just not sure if I'll be able to put in the work, especially with all of my other commitments. If anyone has any clue if such a thing exists, please let me know.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Discoking090

these are great how extensive, for  :ffvstr: I take it

Dreaded Porcupine

I just got back into the game. I have all my hero files and AI saved on an external hard drive. I can't find the hidden path to the folder to put them into. I had this problem in the past. I used to have a short cut on my desk top. I even saved the short cut icon but it doesn't work on Windows 10. I searched the main FFvsTTT and FFX 3.3 folders. I even clicked on show hidden files. I created a test custom hero file with the hero tool and I can't navigate to it. Any help to navigate to this folder will be greatly appreciated.

daglob

I know you can set up your computer to show hidden folders, but it's been so long since I did that I'm not sure where it is. I think you used to right-click My Computer and go into a menu choice, now I understand you go thorough Control Panel. Hmmm... didn't I used to have a shortcut to Control Panel in my menu.... and what's this other crap?

Dreaded Porcupine

I clicked on show hidden folders and I still couldn't navigate to it. That's why I created a test hero file so I could try and navigate to it. It's there someplace. I just can't find it.

daglob

With Windows 7 they had a program that would search for you. Now you can open the folder (or root directory) and there is a search window up in the right hand corner. It accepts * anyway, but it's search parameters are of no known description. What I'm saying, it may search your drive, or it may just list it. It might find stuff with *.hero, it might not. Sorry, but that's all the help I can give. Way back when they had a search program that would search by date, and you didn't have to use the paper clip.

I am less than pleased with the "new and improved" version.

Cyber Burn

Windows 10 + FFvt3R = C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\application data\irrational games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

Discoking090

are you telling me I cannot just put the file in the heroes folder, that I need to modfiy my computer

spydermann93

Quote from: Discoking090 on November 17, 2017, 04:59:11 AM
are you telling me I cannot just put the file in the heroes folder, that I need to modfiy my computer

Nah, you totally can just plop it in there.

You just need to ensure that Hidden Files are visible on your pc to find the folder. Here's a great link: https://www.technipages.com/show-hidden-files-windows

The folder can be found here:

:ff: It's usually in a "heroes" folder in your game or mod's directory, so it depends on your installation, really.

:ffvstr: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

It's interesting that Cyber's is under "Documents and Settings". Which version of :ffvstr: do you have, Cyber?

Dreaded Porcupine

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 17, 2017, 04:56:07 AM
Windows 10 + FFvt3R = C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\application data\irrational games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

I've been typing this in but it says it does not exist. I created a test hero file using the hero tool. I must have sent it somewhere else then. I thought I picked the right pathway on the tool. I have the mesh in the right folder because its showing up when I load FFX 3.3. Maybe I'll try and creste the hero file from the game instead of the tool and see if that works.

Should the hero file folder already exist? I installed everything in the right order. I do remember doing something with the control center in the past. If I remember correctly that was to create AI's. I'm not computer savy. I'm not used to windows 10. I did all of this in the past using previous Window versions. All the frustration of trying to customize the game is coming back to me. I have to remember how to merge .dats as well. I have hundreds of fx to install in addition to EXfx 6.0.

spydermann93

Yes, the hero file folder should be there if you have the game installed.

Try the path I typed out in the post above yours. That should get you there.

Dreaded Porcupine

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 17, 2017, 05:05:57 PM
Yes, the hero file folder should be there if you have the game installed.

Try the path I typed out in the post above yours. That should get you there.

Found it. Now I'm in business. Thanks everyone.

Dreaded Porcupine

Now my FFEdit doesn't work.

The code execution cannot proceed because MFC71.DLL was not found. WTF! Do I have to uninstall everything and start over?

spydermann93

Huh, haven't heard of that one, before.

Try just reinstalling the FF tools. That might work.

Dreaded Porcupine

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 17, 2017, 10:51:21 PM
Huh, haven't heard of that one, before.

Try just reinstalling the FF tools. That might work.

I'll give it a whirl. I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall everything again. Already done that twice now.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Dreaded Porcupine on November 17, 2017, 10:26:32 PM
Now my FFEdit doesn't work.

The code execution cannot proceed because MFC71.DLL was not found. WTF! Do I have to uninstall everything and start over?

Before doing the uninstall, try unzipping this and dropping it into your Main "Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich" Folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0eny2i1enrnum88/MFC71.7z

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 17, 2017, 03:42:01 PM
Quote from: Discoking090 on November 17, 2017, 04:59:11 AM

Nah, you totally can just plop it in there.

You just need to ensure that Hidden Files are visible on your pc to find the folder. Here's a great link: https://www.technipages.com/show-hidden-files-windows

The folder can be found here:

:ff: It's usually in a "heroes" folder in your game or mod's directory, so it depends on your installation, really.

:ffvstr: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

It's interesting that Cyber's is under "Documents and Settings". Which version of :ffvstr: do you have, Cyber?

Sorry Spyder, I missed this post the first time around.

For my Laptop, which is Win 8.1 + FFvt3R + Disk Version, my Hero File Folder Path is:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

For my Desktop, which is Win 10 + FFvt3R + Disk Version, my Hero File Folder Path is:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\application data\irrational games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

Now, my Desktop started as a Windows 8, then upgraded to a Windows 8.1, then upgraded again to a Windows 10. That could be responsible for the differences in locations, but that's only speculation.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on November 17, 2017, 04:16:18 AM
With Windows 7 they had a program that would search for you. Now you can open the folder (or root directory) and there is a search window up in the right hand corner. It accepts * anyway, but it's search parameters are of no known description. What I'm saying, it may search your drive, or it may just list it. It might find stuff with *.hero, it might not. Sorry, but that's all the help I can give. Way back when they had a search program that would search by date, and you didn't have to use the paper clip.

I am less than pleased with the "new and improved" version.

I apologize for the multiple posts, but in regards to File searching, there's a Program called "Everything" that will search your entire PC for whatever you're looking for. It's not bad, it seems to be faster than the regular search engine. If you want to check it out, here's the Link: https://www.voidtools.com/