News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

So, I cosplayed myself...

Started by Tomato, July 19, 2017, 04:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So, you might have noticed I have an arguably creepier avatar than the ones that blinked every so often. Well, there's a story behind it.

For those of you who don't follow me on Facebook or Tumblr (which, tbf, you shouldn't...) a week or so ago I want to my second year at RTX Austin, at which I was finally able to realize my dream of dressing up as myself... or, rather, as my avatar character. Photos under spoiler tags for those going through recent posts. There's also a video of me asking a question at one of the panels, where you can see me come up to the panel for some swag.

Spoiler

The young lady in the last photo is a good friend of mine and a far more prolific cosplayer, known on the interwebs as TheCosplayBunny. She basically helped me with 70% of the costume, built the armor, leaves, and did my makeup. Super happy with how the whole thing turned out.

daglob

Wooo... scary! :D

Actually, that's impressive. :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Wow, really impressive costume, 'Mato!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

That is going to strike fear into the hearts of criminals and salads. You put the same caliber of design and detail orientation into this as you do in your graphics, not surprised there and great job.

Podmark

Well...that's slightly terrifying  :mellow:

Well done though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

spydermann93

Hahahaha, that's great, man!

Now for next year, gotta make sure you have a giant Tomato head and then your transformation shall be complete!

deano_ue

First of all damn mate bravo look amazing my mates are trying to get me to cosplay for an upcoming con to complete our group I'm still unsure

And second you know such a big named cosplayer and you don't tell your other struggling photographer friend who is would kill to do a cosplay style shoot lol ;) :P :P

Tomato

I mean... I'm sure she'd be honored if you wanted to fly from England to take photos.

deano_ue

Quote from: Tomato on July 22, 2017, 08:55:33 PM
I mean... I'm sure she'd be honored if you wanted to fly from England to take photos.

Lol only messing with you buddy honestly would love to mate but I need to keep my money for food and shelter ;)

And England bite your tongue Northern Ireland my friend

Reepicheep

Quote from: deano_ue on July 23, 2017, 08:34:51 AM
And England bite your tongue Northern Ireland my friend

*declares war*

UnkoMan

Oh my gosh, amazing! Great job!

Tomato

We're discussing me doing two costumes next year already. One is pretty set in stone and I'm super excited (Doing another Tomato, just have to buy the bodysuit), the other is a group DC-based cosplay we're still nailing down.

In ripest day.

Deaths Jester

You are going to scare Austinites and RTX visitors with that red makeup again?!? We couldn't stand it the first time around...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.