R.I.P. June Foray... Judy Carne too.

Started by daglob, July 28, 2017, 04:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

:(

Glitch Girl

The first lady of voice acting.  Such a talent.  :(
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

BentonGrey

I hadn't heard of her, so I looked her up and came across a quote that said "she's not the female Mel Blanc, Mel Blanc is the male Joan Foray," which seems like about the highest praise to be found in that line.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

I hadn't heard her name either, but looking up what shes done and it include practially every classic old time cartoon ever and it sound like she and Mel Blanc pretty much did the majority of the old Looney Tunes between them.

Also she currently holds the record as the oldest person to win an Emmy, at the age of 94 for a character on the latest Garfield cartoon.

Sad that she's gone, but I'm glad that I got to hear about her.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

daglob

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on July 29, 2017, 05:32:42 PM
I hadn't heard her name either, but looking up what shes done and it include practially every classic old time cartoon ever and it sound like she and Mel Blanc pretty much did the majority of the old Looney Tunes between them.

Also she currently holds the record as the oldest person to win an Emmy, at the age of 94 for a character on the latest Garfield cartoon.

Sad that she's gone, but I'm glad that I got to hear about her.

Yep, those that weren't handled by Arthur Q. Bryan, Bernice Hansen, or Pinto Colvig.

daglob

Now it seems that Judy Carne has died too. For those of you who don't know, she was the main "Sock It To Me" girl on Laugh-In.

daglob

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 28, 2017, 09:14:11 PM
I hadn't heard of her, so I looked her up and came across a quote that said "she's not the female Mel Blanc, Mel Blanc is the male Joan Foray," which seems like about the highest praise to be found in that line.

And that quote came from Chuck Jones himself.  No higher praise can be had.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.