Deadpool 2: Electric Boogaloo

Started by BentonGrey, August 08, 2017, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy gents, I didn't see a thread for this, and as there is a bit of news, it seemed time to start one.

After the ridiculous and ridiculously funny hit that was the first movie about the Merc with a Mouth, they're hard at work on a sequel.  Apparently Cable is going to be in this one, which strikes me as odd, but then I've never read any of their comics.  I'm guessing he plays straight man for Deadpool.  Anyway, they released the first image of Josh Brolin as Cable.  What do y'all think? 

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-your-first-look-at-deadpool-2s-cable-1797596067

I think it looks okay, but that gun is too obviously just a modification of a Thompson.  It looks more cosplay than movie to me.  That's a relatively minor complaint, I suppose.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

I am pumped for this movie - especially with Cable coming on board. I think he looks great. The shirt is kinda plain but that could just be one outfit. The arm and face look excellent though.

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 08, 2017, 10:40:02 PM
Apparently Cable is going to be in this one, which strikes me as odd

They shared a book for a few years, so it's a pretty good fit actually. And you got it - Cable plays the straight man. They bounced off each other pretty good. If they can figure out the right plot I think could be perfect.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Courtnall6

They got a near bulls eye hit with Cable.  :cool:

They missed the target, the wall behind it, and then the mountain range behind that with Domino however. :thumbdown:

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

HarryTrotter

Yeah,that hairdo is really something.  :rolleyes:
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Yeah, Cable looks pretty great. Deadpool and Cable is a long-established odd couple in the comics, and it should be fun to see how that plays out in the movie. I'm sure whatever the material is, Ryan Reynolds should be able to sell it; he's a perfect Deadpool.

As for Domino, the hair is an odd choice. It's too bad, because the jumpsuit looks pretty accurate.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

I wonder how will they handle Cables origin here?
Jon Farmer

daglob

Maybe just ignore it. It would be funny (and fitting) if Deadpool turns to the camera and says something like "I'm sure all you fans know Cable's complicated and entirely too time consuming origin, right? I thought so." and turns back to the scene.

HarryTrotter

That possibility did cross my mind.It would be hard to explain it anyway.
Jon Farmer

Podmark

Other than a wink wink line from Deadpool like Daglob suggests, I expect they'll stick to the basics - mutant soldier from the future. And that's fine with me.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page