News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sicks Requests

Started by SickAlice, March 27, 2014, 10:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

- Looking for a big mech that 1.) uses a sword 2.) a shield 3.) shoots it's own fists off and 4.) has a transform animation. If one doesn't have all the above I'll work around it. I'm sure Val is the go to but I'm unclear on his permissions with those. I plan to remove all the geometry and replace it with my own for Leopardon at any rate.

Mapmakers/Mappers

Vague but if anyone wants to take a crack at New York 2099 as well as any Secret Wars 2015 territories that looks interesting for FFVTTR I'll be all over that stuff. I can lend propwork if needed. Thanks.

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: SickAlice on May 29, 2015, 07:03:10 PM
- Looking for a big mech that 1.) uses a sword 2.) a shield 3.) shoots it's own fists off and 4.) has a transform animation. If one doesn't have all the above I'll work around it. I'm sure Val is the go to but I'm unclear on his permissions with those. I plan to remove all the geometry and replace it with my own for Leopardon at any rate.

hi sickalice, i would definitely suggest starting with the meshes by valandar: https://web.archive.org/web/20060113131348/http://newpowerinc.com/meshsecpages/big_bots.htm
while i checked some of these in the character tool, i haven't looked at them in the game yet, so i don't know how big any of these are, and you might find a few of the features you want (sword, shield), i don't know about transforming or fist shooting.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

SickAlice

Thanks. I know where to find Vals meshes though, I was asking which one might fit as well which was permissive? Short of the original screenshots that used to be on NPI I never actually downloaded nor looked at any of his mechs in game as I just didn't have a need for them. So I'm asking anyone that's toyed with them if they have an opinion on which would be the most comparable and/or the best base for Leopardon. For size mostly the animations need to be something a huge guy would use (punching down at the ground and so forth). I can always adjust the Handle if need be for scale. Also if anyone knows if the Invid mesh is allowed for use. I'd like to remake that into a Phase 2 Onslaught. Thanks again.

Amazo Version 2.2

gotchya, I must have misread things somewhere along the way. for  permissions, the only valandar meshes not usable for skoping, are: Voltron, Vighna Ghina, and GP-01 Gundam. that's according to the permissions thread in the hexing forum. the invid mesh should be good to use according to that. as far as animations go for the mechs, i'm not familiar enough with them to give you a solid recommendation.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

SickAlice

Prolly my bad. I'm still pretty peaked (I'm supposed to take the pills right now but I don't want my thoughts any more numbed than they are) and I'm having problems typing. That's helpful thanks. I should stop being a lazy butt and just download and look at some really. Mostly the sword and maybe a flying anims. I started thinking about Jetfire for that so Leopardon could change into his jet form but I think a gun is the only available weapon (my toy came with a shiny sword but I think the toy company was fond of sticking extra weapons in like that). I think he also made that combiner thingamabob that has a sword? It was a bunch of wild animal Transformers that combined and made a huge Devastator like dude? I found a link that has every mesh on Mediafire though I have to wait to download when I'm in bonus minute time (2 am)

* " Predaking ". That's the one. Didn't seem like a nice Transformer. Like the kind that would step on your foot and say " Hurts donut " for kicks then steal your last beer from the fridge. Most of those Decepticons were jerks like that. It's why they weren't allowed to hang in the Ark with the cool kids.

While I'm here anyone know of a Ren mesh with sword animations? I'm trying to make Death Wolverine with his mesh and stuck some Taskmaster keys on it. However whenever I try and swap keys to his meshes they always flip at a 90 degree angle and the body warps during the new animation. I don't really understand yet what values I'm supposed to correct in the keyframe file for that and it would be easier to just take a sword anim from another of his. I can't remember if any of his use swords though? If not something that has a melee weapon that they put away at some point would work just as well. Thanks again here as well.

Cyber Burn

While I can't help you with the Mech's, Renegade does have a "Shining_Knight" Mesh at Alex's Freedom Fortress.

SickAlice

That's perfect! Thanks (why did I forget that?). Sorry for getting all asky. I'm organizing my stuff and trying to clip off little odds and ends on my system. I have about two weeks to just dedicate to this. It's also storming  so my yard work and renovations are halted. Time to give some good TLC to FF. Thanks for the helps everyone. These are ones I've wanted to do for awhile. The Wolverine since I first started modding actually. I had a little list of alt X-Men characters but never got to most.

SickAlice

Oh what the heck? The Shining Knight did the same thing. Turn 90 degrees and warped.  :doh:
Hm. I remember trying TJ's and not getting it to work but it looks like it may be the only option here. I guess I'll just experiment with it and see what I can do.

Cyber Burn

I want to say that someone had a workaround for the 90 degree angle issue, I just can't remember who it was.

Cyber Burn

Ok, I did some searching, and found this: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=51913.msg705121#msg705121

Hopefully, it will help you out.

SickAlice

Thanks. That'll definitely come in handy down the line. I'm going to try a different route with Wolverine just as a still have a mountain of keyframing to climb as is but I'm sure I'll end up using that later. Thanks again. Also I finally had the time to check out all your stuff on FOP. Looks great, love it all and can't wait to see what you treat us to next.

* Got a cape and sword on TJ's with a bit of futzing about. Cape from TMC and sword and anims from INK's Black Knight (reduced TM keys so that seemed the shortest route). I'm glad I did actually. They're both great meshes, legends to FF of course. Ren's is more James though. A lot of character and attitude. It moves like " The Hero ". TJ's is cold and viscous. Like Frank Millers Wolverine. Moves like " The Killer ". The later I think works better for a Horseman. Now to sculpt all the costume parts. As well I'm going to tweak the Colossus attached to that one into a Horseman Calibain.

SickAlice

Anyone have Sam The Eagle from Pyroclasm? His Yahoo group is empty. Or any working bird would be fine. I just need a template to fill the seagull request. Thanks in advance.

daglob

I've got it. Where would you like it sent?

SickAlice

Another oddball one. I'm looking for the EULA.txt file from  :ffvstr:
I deleted mine or some such. Ty in advance anyone.

Cyber Burn

If no one else has taken care of this, then I'll see if I can find it this weekend for you.

SickAlice

Ty. Need it for the list of credits. Found a lot in the other texts especially pertaining to distributing game files as well the Freedom Force story, logo and characters (it's allowed and encouraged just not to make any money on it) but the base legal stuff is supposed to be in that file.

Cyber Burn

Do you already have the one from FF1? Or do you need that one as well?

SickAlice

Hello. Miss you all and I hope you are all having the best of days. Sorry again for my absence. My health has been major trouble, rather not go into details but needless to say I am still breathing. Still working on FF stuff, still uploading models to the deviantart site, still working on the things from the new engine chat. All in due time and I will be back on a bit more hopefully come Fall.

So the request is going to be a vague one but any tutorials about making keyframes in 3ds Max would be appreciated. I'm trying to get it down but am stumbling as much as I did learning how to skope them.

Cyber Burn

Hey SA, always glad to see you around. I'm not quite sure if or what I have in regards to Keyframes, but I'll go through my Files for you, and whatever I find, I'd be glad to send your way.

Cyber Burn

Hey SA, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this, but things have been a bit crazy of late. I'll try to go through my Files this weekend for you.

Cyber Burn

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lk4516ktk8bth2b/Keyframe_Information.7z

Unfortunately, you probably already have all of these, I thought I had more, but anything else I seem to have is NifSkope related. Sorry SA.