News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

R.I.P. Jerry Lewis

Started by daglob, August 22, 2017, 05:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

While I can't watch most of his movies today, there are still bits I laugh at. Once upon a time I loved his and Dean Martin's movies (together and apart), along with those of Abbot and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, The Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges...

Silver Shocker

Not familiar with his work personally, but I can't deny his legacy and influence on Western pop culture and comedy. I couldn't guess how many times in cartoons, and various other mediums I've heard characters whose voice and mannerisms were clearly modeled after him (for example, an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold I was watching just this past Sunday) May he rest in peace.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Panther_Gunn

His legacy that will always live with me:

"a-ah, pretty lady!"

I'm sure he would hate that.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

My favorite Jerry Lewis movie is The Geisha Boy, written and, I think, directed by Frank Tashlin.

Harry is obviously related to Bugs Bunny...