News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Burnout...

Started by Deaths Jester, September 04, 2017, 01:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

...has hit me something bad and not just FF stuff but pretty much everything. Got writer's block, the vision of art has gone kapoote, and just crispy all over.....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Relax, rejuvenate, decrisp. We'll be here when you get back.

Anything we can do to help?

Deaths Jester

Doubtful...all I want to do is sleep lately...yeah yeah, I know...depression sign...lived with it all my life so meh...problem is, I'm unsure if I can uncrisp this time around...everything is a burnout for me at the moment...work, art, writing, music (which is big cause I rarely burn on all music)...just everything...is...odd...

Reepicheep

One way I cope with the downs of Bipolar disorder, when my creative faculties seem out of reach, is find some more logical or physical hobbies. I find coding is quite gentle; just following tutorials and coming out with interesting things. I also try and listen to audiobooks or online lectures and I'll make a habit of walking and using the gym too. Things that don't require much creative thought, but still develop skills and make the day feel worth waking up for.

The most important thing is to not hate yourself over it. Try those passions again when they come back naturally.

I realise it's a very different thing, but I hope that might help.

Deaths Jester

I wish I could say that would work, Reep, but physical labor is what two of my jobs revolve around. Burnt out on work as stated above so no luck there unhappily. Thanks for trying though.

BentonGrey

Hey DJ, I'm really sorry to hear this, man.  Of course, as DG said, there's no worries on our end.  We'll be here when you feel like getting back into FF stuff.  More importantly, get help if you need it, man.  We're here for whatever we can do, and you'll be in my prayers.  Maybe a vacation is in order?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

What is this thing you call "vacation"?

BentonGrey

If only there were world enough and time, hmm?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Deaths Jester

You're speaking a foreign language again, Benton. Remember I may drink like a fish but that doesn't mean I speak fish.

daglob

As near as I can tell, vacations are something other people have.

BentonGrey

You could go to Tahiti.  It's a magical place.  :P
God Bless

Deaths Jester

Ta...hit...i?!? Sounds made up to me...wait...wasn't that a place in them Harry Potter books or something?!?

Epimethee

I don't know your personal situation, but I've had a few burnouts. My advice, FWIW, would be to take whatever break you can before your body forces you to take it. The creative well dries up when you're running on reserves for too long.

As for Teh Eee Tee, I don't think it was Harry Potter, but rather that space dude who said "ooch" because of the light bulb inside his finger.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com