News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Introducing a New FR'er...

Started by kkhohoho, September 06, 2017, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkhohoho

Hi everybody! :D Yeah, no, it's not me, obviously. Anyhoo, I'd like to introduce an actual new member to the forum: Luigisan. I won't go into much too detail, but to give you the gist, Luigisan used to be a member of another forum, but... it didn't work out so well. Right now, he just needs to be somewhere that's welcoming and safe. And I can't think of anywhere better than here. This is one of the best online communities I've ever seen, and I don't think there's any place better in making someone feel at home. So let's all just do our best to make him feel welcome. :)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

So more or less we have to keep him away from me and my booze?!?!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

Deaths Jester

Reepicheep

It's best he knows now. It's best he knows what happens to people around here.

Nobody is safe.

I can already feel Tomato lurking...

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 06, 2017, 09:34:22 PM

Nobody is safe.

Quit speaking that name that should not be spoken when the mention of Ponies is in the same sentence!!  He doesn't need to know!  If we stay quiet about ponies and he who should be flogged with a carrot for loving said horse creatures then we'll be safe!!!!

catwhowalksbyhimself

He tried to ponify me but I still came out as my own handsome self.

I'll just add that to the reasons why cats are the superior lifeform.  Immunity to ponification.

So is the new guy going to say hello?
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

kkhohoho

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on September 07, 2017, 12:48:02 AM
He tried to ponify me but I still came out as my own handsome self.

I'll just add that to the reasons why cats are the superior lifeform.  Immunity to ponification.

So is the new guy going to say hello?

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. Give me a minute...
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Deaths Jester

...maybe he spied the cost of my drinking habit and ran for the hills...

BentonGrey

It is roughly equivalent to the GDP of a Luxembourg.... :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Luigisan

Hey there guys, Luigisan here, I'm gonna be a new member of this group.  :D (Sorry, didn't notice it earlier.}

I'm usually a very personable and laid-back person to interact with, so as long you're not an unapologetic jerk to me, I won't bite any of you.

Likes: Video Games, Anime, Cartoons, Films, Literature, any good music, Delicious food, multiculturalism,  Web-shows, friendships, love, Hentai (>:3), jet fighters, world history, Japanese stuff.

Dislikes: Any form of bigotry and unjustified hatred, making dark stories for the sake of shock value, Internet Misanthropy, straw nihilism.

I'm also aiming to be a writer for both Western and Eastern cultures, as part of showing how great works of art don't to be based on your nationality or the place where you live at the moment. I have completed one that is more Shounen based and currently writing that is Dieselpunk fantasy.

Anyways, hope I can enjoy the company here!
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

HarryTrotter

Nobody is safe.

Funny thing is,I'm not sure if you are kidding or is that a genuine warning.But then again,I'm ignoring the guy,and that makes this board 80% nicer to visit.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Luigisan

Quote from: HarryTrotter on September 07, 2017, 07:14:50 AM

Nobody is safe.

Funny thing is,I'm not sure if you are kidding or is that a genuine warning.But then again,I'm ignoring the guy,and that makes this board 80% nicer to visit.

Well, I'm here now.

HarryTrotter

I was talking about Tom.And welcome,btw. :)
Jon Farmer

Luigisan

HarryTrotter

Same as always,I guess.Working,watching Ozark...  :huh:
Jon Farmer

Luigisan

I see.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking in continuing writing my own web novels. A dieselpunk one to be exact.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Luigisan

Deaths Jester

Rest?!? What's rest?!? Is that like that sleep thing people speak of?!?

daglob

Does he mean us or maybe some other group of wastrels?

Hello dere, Luigisan.

Deaths Jester

Oi, who you calling a wast...wait...nevermind....

Reepicheep

For some context, these boards are about a bazillion years old. The community is even older. We're brought together by a video game from 2002, as you'll see from the second section of the main forums listing. Most of the creative spirit of the forums is channeled into that game, with a lot of work put towards customization. Don't be disheartened if your first try at engaging your creativity doesn't get much attention here - you may just need to spend time taking a look at the niche that attracted us in the first place and seeing how you can appeal to it. It's quite likely that people simply don't have the frame of reference to engage.

Many of us hang around because the community is really awesome. There is a sense of integrity and belonging here that doesn't require much moderation. Needless to say, a community built around a twelve-year-old video game isn't going to be the loudest place on the web, but it's certainly a nice quiet spot.

Deaths Jester

Twelve year old video game?!?!?! Wait...are we only worshipping FFvTTR now?!?!  What the?!?!  Why has nobody told me this?!?!  I thought we were FF-ccentric which is 15 years...dagnabbit, you telling me I wasted 15 years of my life doing stuff for a game that nobody here even thinks about?!?!  GAAAHHHHH!!!

Reepicheep

Deaths Jester

Luigisan

BentonGrey

This is actually a pretty accurate microcosm of the boards.  ^_^  You've got some random madness, some friendly community, and then DJ's ravings.  :D
God Bless