News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse--Game 12

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, September 07, 2017, 01:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Man in a can with pew pew pew?!? Sounds like an interesting addition to the group.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's no more complicated than, say, Nightmist, but I was going to wait on the Cauldron stuff until next game, due to some technical issues making uploading the rest impossible.

Anyhow, please give your thoughts as to which enemy to fight.  Warfang, Omintron, and Baron Blade have all been suggested.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Murdock

OK. I'll go with Baron Blade Mad Bomber variant.
Taking a break due to RL issues.

catwhowalksbyhimself

And that's a majority folks.  Mad Bomber Baron Blade it is.

I will point you toward the relevant Letters Page episode in case you wish to learn what is happening here and why.

http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-3-baron-blade

So now we must choose an environment.  What is your choice?

The ruins of the lost city of Atlantis, home to amazing relics and the terrifying Kraken.

The home city of Legacy and the Freedom Five.  A shining vast metropolis.

Wagner Mars Base, a research and military base located on Mars, it is the first stop for would-be conquerors from the stars.

A land lost in time, where dinosaurs and other ancient creatures still live.

Often known by it's nickname of Crook city, it is full of crime and curruption and is the home of Wraith and Darkwatch.

More than just strictly legal production and research goes on here.  Beware of dangerious chemicals and mutated vermin.

A strange magical dimension where the laws of physics are constantly in flux

The tomb of Anubis, Egyptian death god, full of traps trails and the occassional reward.

Time has gone completely bannannas here.  Creatures and places form throughout time and space are all mixed together, and that can't be good for the space-time continuum.

FILTER's interdimensional prison, where the worst of the worst are held.  The prison is ungoing a riot and the heroes are unfortunately not any more popular with the guards than they are with the prisoners.

A time Portal has connected the present with Chronoranger's home down, right in the middle of a gunfight with a family of bandits.

In the far future that Chrono-Ranger ended up in, strange cryptids have multiplied and destroyed all human life.  Only Chronoranger, lost through a time portal, and the eternal warrior Haka are still alive.

The headquarters of the Freedom Five and target of villains looking to get ahead.  It was, in fact, designed with that in mind.

Baron Blade's giant craft have been loaned out to villains of many kinds, along with their Blade Batalion crews.

The homeworld of General Voss, Dok'Thorath has been thrown into chaos following his death.  The rebels want his freedom.  The military wants control.  The now leaderless gene-bound creatures want only to feed on both sides.

Far out in space lies the Enclave of the Endless, a refuge where the last members of dead species can live out away from the ravages of time and the grasp of death.  The mistress of this place cares nothing for good or evil.  Wonders can be found here, but horrors too.

The fourth incarnation of Omnitron is a barely sentient automated robot factory, trying to piece itself together.  The dangers are extreme, but the promises of Omnitron-based technology are enough to lure many villains here, and draw many heroes to fight them.

Attempting to create the perfect justice system, an alien race created the Celestial Trubunal, a judicial AI in a massive ship able to make perfect, rational decisions about who is guilty and who is innocent.  I judged the entire race guilty and destroyed them.  It has traveled through space ever since, stopping at inhabited planets, finding them guilty and destroying them.  Now it has arrived on earth.

Deep under the earth lies the relm of magmaria, a land of heat and fire.  And it is not uninhabited.

The lair of an ancient vampire, the Blood Countess.  Heroes have tried to dislodge them for years, with no success.

A misterious carnival, that shows up suddenly and disappears just as quickly.  There are always people left missing in it's wake.

The lair of the ancient mysic Dragon, Zhu Long.  Full of mysteries, magic and a cult of assassins.

Deaths Jester

Oh, we're not going to do team villian fighting? Okay.

As for enviroment...hmm...the Tribunal?

Glitch Girl

That one can get weird as we learned once when ChronoRanger sort of became Earth's lawyer.

Still, I'm pretty cool with that one or maybe Mobile Defense Platform (keeping with a theme)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

I had forgotten about Chrono-lawyer. Mobile Defense does fit better...I just wish it wasn't so easy an enviroment...but I'd be for it.

Murdock

I'm cool with Mobile Defense Platform too.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Alright, I'll be putting the game together for a few days.  I do have room for one more player if anyone wants to jump in at the last second.  As we now have 4, I will be stepping back out and will be hosting only.

Also, you all will want to flip Blade Quickly, or the Sentinels will not be having happy fun times.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The opening setup

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever a Villain target enters play it under the villain character card and play the next card in the villain deck. Cards under the Villain character card have no text, are indestructible and are not in play.(Mad Bomber Baron Blade)

Hero Ongoing Effects

Environment Ongoing Effects

Side: Mad Bomber
HP: 30/30

Spoiler

Mad Bomber
Whenever a Villain Target enters play, put it under this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Cards under this card have no game text, are indestructible, and are not considered in play.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals each non-Villain Target X Fire Damage where X = the number of cards under this card.When Baron Blade would be destroyed, flip Baron Blade's Villain Character card instead.

Maniacal Death Ray Wielder
When Baron Blade flips to this side, restore him to 40 HP. Destroy X Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards, where X = the number of cards under this card. Then, shuffle all cards under this card and the Villain trash into the Villain deck.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of cards in the Villain trash.Whenever a Villain Target enters play, destroy it.

Size: Normal
HP: 33/33

Available Powers:
Surveillance(Normal): Draw 2 cards.
Concussive Clap   Power(Huge): Sky-Scraper deals each non-hero target 2 sonic damage and each hero target 0 sonic damage.
Sneaking(Tiny): Play up to 2 link cards. You may move to your hand either 1 link card from play or 2 links cards from your trash.

Deck: 36
Hand: 4
Spoiler

Colossal Left Hook: One-Shot, Huge--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card.Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 3 melee damage. You may discard a card. If you do, you may play a card.
Neutralizing Resonator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a villain character card and discard the top card of that villain's deck.At the start of your turn, you may destroy 1 ongoing card.If you do, destroy this card.
Rebounding Debilitator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a non-hero target.When that target would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage, then either destroy this card or put it on top of your deck.
Rest and Recover: One-Shot, Normal--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Normal character card.Sky-Scraper regains 1 hp.Draw 1 card and move 1 card other than Rest and Recover from your trash to your hand.

Trash: 0
In Play: 0

Spoiler

HP: 26/26

Available Powers:
Pinpoint Shot: Parse deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Recompile:One-Shot--Discard up to 3 cards. Draw twice as many cards as you discarded this way.
Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.

Spoiler

Writhe HP: 14/14
Doctor Medico HP: 13/13
Mainstay HP: 14/14
Idealist HP: 11/11

Available Powers

M.D.(Dr. Medico): 1 Hero Target regains 3 HP.
Telekinetic Jab(Idealist)r: The Idealist deals 1 Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Block(Mainstay): Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Extract(Writhe): Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Spoiler

Hippocratic Oath: Ongoing, Signature--Whenever Dr. Medico would deal Damage, prevent that Damage and instead 1 Hero Target regains that much HP. At the end of your turn, if Dr. Medico is active, up to 3 Targets regain 1 HP each.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Team Communications: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards.You may play a card.
Sentinel Tactics: Ongoing, Limited--The first time one of the Sentinels deals Damage each turn you may use a Power.

Spoiler

HP: 28/28

Available Powers:
Initialize: Draw a card.

Spoiler

Turret Mode: Ongoing, Mode--When this card enters play, destroy all other Mode cards. You cannot play or draw cards. You may use an additional power during your power phase. Increase Damage dealt by Bunker by 1. At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card.
Turret Mode: Ongoing, Mode--When this card enters play, destroy all other Mode cards. You cannot play or draw cards. You may use an additional power during your power phase. Increase Damage dealt by Bunker by 1. At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card.
Decommissioned Hardware: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card in your trash and put it into play.
Auxiliary Power Source: Equipment--At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card to use an additional power this turn.Power: Draw 3 cards. Destroy this card.

Spoiler

Deck: 15

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

It is now the Villain's turn.

Start: Blade deals all non-Villain targets 0 Fire damage.

Play: Hasten Doom: One-Shot--Baron Blade deals each Hero Target 2 Toxic Damage. Play the top card of the Villain deck.

1 target gets put under the character card.

He then plays Devious Disruption: One-Shot--Each player may destroy any of their Equipment and/or Ongoing cards.Baron Blade deals each Hero Target X Lightning Damage, where X = 3 plus the number of Hero Ongoing and Equipment cards still in play.

His timing is terrible and it does nothing.

It is now Sky-Scraper's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever a Villain target enters play it under the villain character card and play the next card in the villain deck. Cards under the Villain character card have no text, are indestructible and are not in play.(Mad Bomber Baron Blade)

Hero Ongoing Effects

HP: 30/30

Deck: 17
Trash: 2
Under Character Card: 1

Spoiler

Mad Bomber
Whenever a Villain Target enters play, put it under this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Cards under this card have no game text, are indestructible, and are not considered in play.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals each non-Villain Target X Fire Damage where X = the number of cards under this card.When Baron Blade would be destroyed, flip Baron Blade's Villain Character card instead.

When Baron Blade flips to this side, restore him to 40 HP. Destroy X Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards, where X = the number of cards under this card. Then, shuffle all cards under this card and the Villain trash into the Villain deck.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of cards in the Villain trash.Whenever a Villain Target enters play, destroy it.

Size: Normal
HP: 31/33

Available Powers:
Concussive Clap   Power(Huge): Sky-Scraper deals each non-hero target 2 sonic damage and each hero target 0 sonic damage.
Sneaking(Tiny): Play up to 2 link cards. You may move to your hand either 1 link card from play or 2 links cards from your trash.

Spoiler

Colossal Left Hook: One-Shot, Huge--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card.Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 3 melee damage. You may discard a card. If you do, you may play a card.
Neutralizing Resonator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a villain character card and discard the top card of that villain's deck.At the start of your turn, you may destroy 1 ongoing card.If you do, destroy this card.
Rebounding Debilitator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a non-hero target.When that target would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage, then either destroy this card or put it on top of your deck.
Rest and Recover: One-Shot, Normal--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Normal character card.Sky-Scraper regains 1 hp.Draw 1 card and move 1 card other than Rest and Recover from your trash to your hand.

Spoiler

HP: 24/26

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Recompile:One-Shot--Discard up to 3 cards. Draw twice as many cards as you discarded this way.
Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.

Spoiler

Writhe HP: 12/14
Doctor Medico HP: 11/13
Mainstay HP: 12/14
Idealist HP: 9/11

Available Powers

Block(Mainstay): Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Extract(Writhe): Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Spoiler

Hippocratic Oath: Ongoing, Signature--Whenever Dr. Medico would deal Damage, prevent that Damage and instead 1 Hero Target regains that much HP. At the end of your turn, if Dr. Medico is active, up to 3 Targets regain 1 HP each.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Sentinel Tactics: Ongoing, Limited--The first time one of the Sentinels deals Damage each turn you may use a Power.

Spoiler

HP: 26/28

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Decommissioned Hardware: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card in your trash and put it into play.
Auxiliary Power Source: Equipment--At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card to use an additional power this turn.Power: Draw 3 cards. Destroy this card.

Spoiler

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

Notes: Sky-Scraper can only use the power for her current size.  Any size changes take effect immediately and there is no limit to how often she size changes.

The Sentinels are only considered Incapped as a group when all of them are down.  Individual members can be brought back.

Reepicheep

It looks like Writhe isn't going to go down for a LOOOOONG time anyway.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 24, 2017, 08:50:19 AM
It looks like Writhe isn't going to go down for a LOOOOONG time anyway.

Best typo ever.

Deaths Jester

Alright, let's start dealing out damage by switching to huge and using Colossal left hook on Blade, then follow with the Clap power (heh...there's a dirty joke in there somewhere), draw a card, and end my turn.

One question: Link cards? What's up with them?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 24, 2017, 03:21:00 PM
One question: Link cards? What's up with them?

Sky-Scraper is a size-changing super spy.  The links are her spy gadgets.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sky-Scraper draws

Spoiler

Undetectable Relinking: One-Shot, Tiny--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Tiny character card. Put any number of Link cards in play back in your hand.You may play X Link and/or Tiny cards now, where X = the number of link cards returned to your hand by this card.

It is now Parse's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects

HP: 25/30

Spoiler

Mad Bomber

Size: Huge

Available Powers:

Deck: 35
Spoiler

Undetectable Relinking: One-Shot, Tiny--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Tiny character card. Put any number of Link cards in play back in your hand.You may play X Link and/or Tiny cards now, where X = the number of link cards returned to your hand by this card.

Trash: 1

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Writhe HP: 142/14

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Glitch Girl

I'm going to play Targeting Arrow for 1 Damage and damage increase, and follow it up with a pinpoint shot for 3, draw and end my turn.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Parse draws
Spoiler

Critical Multiplier: Ongoing--Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.

It is now the Sentinels turn

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects
All Damage to Baron Blade is increased by 1.(Targeting Arrow)

HP: 21/30

Spoiler

Mad Bomber

Available Powers:
Concussive Clap(Huge): Sky-Scraper deals each non-hero target 2 sonic damage and each hero target 0 sonic damage.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Critical Multiplier: Ongoing--Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reepicheep

You've been waiting for someone to play as Skyscraper for a while so that you can do that, haven't you?

I'll put Sentinel Tactics into play, hit Baron with Telekinetic Jab and fire off Block.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw
Spoiler

It is now Bunker's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects
The first time each turn one of the Sentinels deals damage, you may use a power.(Sentinel Tactics)
Reduce all damage to all Sentinels by 1.(Block)

HP: 18/30

Spoiler

Mad Bomber

Available Powers:
Concussive Clap(Huge): Sky-Scraper deals each non-hero target 2 sonic damage and each hero target 0 sonic damage.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

In Play: 1
Sentinel Tactics--Ongoing, Limited

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Murdock

I'll play Auxiliary Power Source then use it's power to draw 3 cards and end my turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Bunker draws
Spoiler

Adhesive Foam Grenade: One-Shot--Environmental cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.
Omni-Cannon: Equipment, Limited--At the start of your turn, you may put up to 3 cards from your hand beneath this card.Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Bunker deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed.
External Combustion: One-Shot--Bunker deals himself 2 Fire Damage and deals each non-Hero Target 3 Fire Damage.

It is now the MDP's turn.

Start: Nothing

Play: Sky Deck: Level--When this card enters play, destroy any other level cards. Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.

End: Nothing

It is now Baron Blade's turn.

Start: Blade deals all Heroes, but the Sentinels 1 Fire damage.

Play: Two more targets go under his deck, then he plays "Consider the Price of Victory": One-Shot--Each player discards 1 card.Baron Blade deals each Hero Target 2 Sonic Damage.Discard X cards from the top of the Villain deck, where X = the number of Hero cards discarded this turn.

Everyone should choose one card to discard.

Deaths Jester

Murdock

Reepicheep

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

For my turn I'll be playing Rebounding Debilitator on Baron Blade, followed by using my normal power of Surveillance to draw three cards in total, and end my turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 26, 2017, 06:26:07 PM
followed by using my normal power of Surveillance to draw three cards in total, and end my turn.

Rebounding Debilitator does not change your size.  You are still huge and cannot use your Normal size power.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The forum's working again!  Yay!

Blade deals the Sentinels 1 damage each and everyone else 2 damage.  It is now Sky-Scraper's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects
The first time each turn one of the Sentinels deals damage, you may use a power.(Sentinel Tactics)
Reduce all damage to all Sentinels by 1.(Block)

Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.(Sky Deck)

HP: 18/30

Under Character Card: 3

Spoiler

Mad Bomber

HP: 28/33

Available Powers:

Hand: 3
Spoiler

Spoiler

HP: 21/26

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Writhe HP: 11/14
Doctor Medico HP: 10/13
Mainstay HP: 11/14
Idealist HP: 8/11

Available Powers

Spoiler

-Sentinel Tactics--Ongoing, Limited

Spoiler

HP: 21/28

Available Powers:

Deck: 32
Hand: 6
Spoiler

Adhesive Foam Grenade: One-Shot--Environmental cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.
Omni-Cannon: Equipment, Limited--At the start of your turn, you may put up to 3 cards from your hand beneath this card.Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Bunker deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed.
External Combustion: One-Shot--Bunker deals himself 2 Fire Damage and deals each non-Hero Target 3 Fire Damage.

Spoiler

Deck: 14
-Sky Deck--Level

Spoiler

Sky Deck: Level--When this card enters play, destroy any other level cards. Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.