News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse--Game 12

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, September 07, 2017, 01:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Okay...so I will put the debulator on Blade, not use a power this turn, and draw a card to end my turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

Why not use Concussive Clap in that power move? I don't think it will do us any harm.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 27, 2017, 04:13:30 PM
Why not use Concussive Clap in that power move? I don't think it will do us any harm.

Because I'm stuck in tiny mode if I use the debulator on Blade until I find a card that grants me another size.....

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 27, 2017, 06:53:26 PM

Because I'm stuck in tiny mode if I use the debulator on Blade until I find a card that grants me another size.....

Not sure what you are talking about here.  You are Huge.  Debilitator does not change your size.  After playing it, you are still huge and can still use Concussive Clap.  Nothing you have done so far would make you Tiny.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on September 27, 2017, 07:55:08 PM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 27, 2017, 06:53:26 PM

Not sure what you are talking about here.  You are Huge.  Debilitator does not change your size.  After playing it, you are still huge and can still use Concussive Clap.  Nothing you have done so far would make you Tiny.

To use Debilitator I would have to change to the tiny size because that's the only size those cards work at...or at least that was how I thought it worked...if it doesn't, then sure Debilitator (I almost wrote something really dirty there), clap, then draw one.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 27, 2017, 08:01:41 PM
To use Debilitator I would have to change to the tiny size because that's the only size those cards work at...or at least that was how I thought it worked...if it doesn't, then sure Debilitator (I almost wrote something really dirty there), clap, then draw one.

There is nothing on that card that says you have to be Tiny.  You may always use all cards regardless of size.  Some cards change you size when you play them.  Those cards always say so.  Links are size neutral, giving you something to play if you don't want to change your size.

Deaths Jester

Ah...ok. Then the I'll use clap for my power move then.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sky-Scraper draws
Spoiler

Explosive Reveal:One-Shot, Normal--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Normal character card. Destroy any number of link cards. Sky-Scraper deals up to X targets 2 projectile damage and 2 fire damage each, where X = the number of cards destroyed this way.

It is now Parse's turn

Glitch Girl

I'm going to play Critical Multiplier to get it on the board for later, then hit the Baron with Pinpoint Shot for 2.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Parse draws
Spoiler

Buffer Overflow:Ongoing--When a villain card would enter play, you may discard it instead and destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, draw a card and play the top card of the villain deck.

It is now the Sentinels's turn

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever a Villain target enters play it under the villain character card and play the next card in the villain deck. Cards under the Villain character card have no text, are indestructible and are not in play.(Mad Bomber Baron Blade)

Hero Ongoing Effects
The first time each turn one of the Sentinels deals damage, you may use a power.(Sentinel Tactics)
Reduce all damage to all Sentinels by 1.(Block)
When Baron Blade would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage.(Rebounding Debilitator)
Whenever Parse discards a card from hand, give any Hero target +1 damage to their next damage.(Critical Multiplier)

Environment Ongoing Effects
Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.(Sky Deck)

Side: Mad Bomber
HP: 13/30

Deck: 15
Trash: 2
Under Character Card: 3
In Play: 0

Spoiler

Mad Bomber
Whenever a Villain Target enters play, put it under this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Cards under this card have no game text, are indestructible, and are not considered in play.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals each non-Villain Target X Fire Damage where X = the number of cards under this card.When Baron Blade would be destroyed, flip Baron Blade's Villain Character card instead.

Maniacal Death Ray Wielder
When Baron Blade flips to this side, restore him to 40 HP. Destroy X Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards, where X = the number of cards under this card. Then, shuffle all cards under this card and the Villain trash into the Villain deck.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of cards in the Villain trash.Whenever a Villain Target enters play, destroy it.

Size: Huge
HP: 28/33

Available Powers:
Surveillance(Normal): Draw 2 cards.
Concussive Clap(Huge): Sky-Scraper deals each non-hero target 2 sonic damage and each hero target 0 sonic damage.
Sneaking(Tiny): Play up to 2 link cards. You may move to your hand either 1 link card from play or 2 links cards from your trash.

Deck: 34
Hand: 3
Spoiler

Neutralizing Resonator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a villain character card and discard the top card of that villain's deck.At the start of your turn, you may destroy 1 ongoing card.If you do, destroy this card.
Rest and Recover: One-Shot, Normal--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Normal character card.Sky-Scraper regains 1 hp.Draw 1 card and move 1 card other than Rest and Recover from your trash to your hand.

In Play: 1
-Rebounding Debilitator--Equipment, Link, Next to Baron Blade

Spoiler

Rebounding Debilitator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a non-hero target.When that target would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage, then either destroy this card or put it on top of your deck.

HP: 21/26

Available Powers:
Pinpoint Shot: Parse deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Buffer Overflow:Ongoing--When a villain card would enter play, you may discard it instead and destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, draw a card and play the top card of the villain deck.
Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.

-Critical Multiplier--Ongoing

Spoiler

Critical Multiplier: Ongoing--Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.

Writhe HP: 11/14
Doctor Medico HP: 10/13
Mainstay HP: 11/14
Idealist HP: 8/11

Available Powers

M.D.(Dr. Medico): 1 Hero Target regains 3 HP.
Telekinetic Jab(Idealist)r: The Idealist deals 1 Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Block(Mainstay): Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Extract(Writhe): Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Deck: 35
Spoiler

Hippocratic Oath: Ongoing, Signature--Whenever Dr. Medico would deal Damage, prevent that Damage and instead 1 Hero Target regains that much HP. At the end of your turn, if Dr. Medico is active, up to 3 Targets regain 1 HP each.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Team Communications: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards.You may play a card.
Trash: 1

-Sentinel Tactics--Ongoing, Limited

Spoiler

Sentinel Tactics: Ongoing, Limited--The first time one of the Sentinels deals Damage each turn you may use a Power.

HP: 21/28

Available Powers:
Initialize: Draw a card.

Deck: 32
Hand: 6
Spoiler

Turret Mode: Ongoing, Mode--When this card enters play, destroy all other Mode cards. You cannot play or draw cards. You may use an additional power during your power phase. Increase Damage dealt by Bunker by 1. At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card.
Decommissioned Hardware: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card in your trash and put it into play.
Adhesive Foam Grenade: One-Shot--Environmental cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.
Decommissioned Hardware: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card in your trash and put it into play.
Omni-Cannon: Equipment, Limited--At the start of your turn, you may put up to 3 cards from your hand beneath this card.Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Bunker deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed.
External Combustion: One-Shot--Bunker deals himself 2 Fire Damage and deals each non-Hero Target 3 Fire Damage.

Spoiler

Deck: 14
Trash: 0
-Sky Deck--Level

Spoiler

Sky Deck: Level--When this card enters play, destroy any other level cards. Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.

Reepicheep

I think I'll hang on to Hippocratic Oath for until after Blade swaps sides. So I'll fire off Team Communications and see what I get.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw
Spoiler

Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6 HP.
Coordinated Assault: One-Shot--One of your Hero Targets deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of your active Hero Character cards plus 1.
Telekinetic Wallop: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals up to 3 Targets 1 Melee Damage each.I f the Idealist deals this Damage, change the type to Psychic and increase it by 2.

You may now play an additional card.

Reepicheep

On the assumption that our first goal is to get Blade to swap sides as quickly as possible, I'll hit him with Coordinated Assault and then Block thanks to dealing damage. Then I'll fire off telekinetic jab at Baron Blade.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Sentinels draw

Spoiler

Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP. If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2 Psychic Damage.

It is now Bunker's turn.

Murdock

I'll play External Combustion then use Initialize to draw a card.
Taking a break due to RL issues.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Bunker draws
Spoiler

Maintenance Unit: Equipment--Power: Bunker regains 2 HP.
Grenade Launcher: Equipment, Limited--Power: Bunker deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Bunker may deal a second Target 2 Projectile Damage. Bunker may deal a third Target 1 Projectile Damage.

It is now the MDP's turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Start: Nothing

Play: Propulsion SystemsStructure, HP: 10--If this card is reduced to 0 or fewer HP, everyone dies. Game over.

End: Nothing.

Please note, the the Propulsion System card says nothing about being destroyed.  If you can destroy it without reducing it's HP to 0 or fewer HP, you do not lose.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Start: Blade will deal everyone 3 damage, except the Sentinels will take only two.  The first one hit with 3 will be spared, so the heroes must decide who that will be.

Deaths Jester

I say use it to protect either Parse or Bunker, I can take the damage.

Is the propulsion unit considered an ongoing?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 30, 2017, 10:26:23 PM
Is the propulsion unit considered an ongoing?

No.  It has to actually have the word Ongoing on the card for it to count.  Targets are usually their own separate thing.  Any card that destroys Environment cards will work, though.

Deaths Jester

I thought so but wanted to make sure, just in case.

Glitch Girl

Normally I'd volunteer to take the damage, but I think if Bunker is better for soaking damage in the long run.  If he can get his platings out he can soak a lot more later.

It's up to him though.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Murdock

Sure thing. I can soak up some damage for you guys.
Taking a break due to RL issues.

catwhowalksbyhimself

To be clear, EVERYONE is taking damage exept one one person, because Sky-Scripers doohickey is protecting the first person he heals 3 damage to, and players decide the order, so you are picking the person who doesn't get damage.  Everyone else will.

Reepicheep

I think it'll be Parse getting rescued, since DJ and Murdock are happy to take the punch.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Very well then.

Baron puts one target under hs card, then plays Flesh-Repair Nanites: One-Shot--Baron Blade regains 10 HP.

That makes it Sky-Scraper's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever a Villain target enters play it under the villain character card and play the next card in the villain deck. Cards under the Villain character card have no text, are indestructible and are not in play.(Mad Bomber Baron Blade)

Hero Ongoing Effects
The first time each turn one of the Sentinels deals damage, you may use a power.(Sentinel Tactics)
When Baron Blade would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage.(Rebounding Debilitator)
Whenever Parse discards a card from hand, give any Hero target +1 damage to their next damage.(Critical Multiplier)

If the Propulsion system is reduced to 0 or less HP, the Heroes lose.(Propulsion System)

Deck: 15
Under Character Card: 4

Spoiler

Mad Bomber
Whenever a Villain Target enters play, put it under this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Cards under this card have no game text, are indestructible, and are not considered in play.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals each non-Villain Target X Fire Damage where X = the number of cards under this card.When Baron Blade would be destroyed, flip Baron Blade's Villain Character card instead.

When Baron Blade flips to this side, restore him to 40 HP. Destroy X Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards, where X = the number of cards under this card. Then, shuffle all cards under this card and the Villain trash into the Villain deck.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of cards in the Villain trash.Whenever a Villain Target enters play, destroy it.

Size: Huge
HP: 25/33

Available Powers:
Concussive Clap(Huge): Sky-Scraper deals each non-hero target 2 sonic damage and each hero target 0 sonic damage.
Sneaking(Tiny): Play up to 2 link cards. You may move to your hand either 1 link card from play or 2 links cards from your trash.

Spoiler

Neutralizing Resonator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a villain character card and discard the top card of that villain's deck.At the start of your turn, you may destroy 1 ongoing card.If you do, destroy this card.
Rest and Recover: One-Shot, Normal--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Normal character card.Sky-Scraper regains 1 hp.Draw 1 card and move 1 card other than Rest and Recover from your trash to your hand.

Spoiler

Rebounding Debilitator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a non-hero target.When that target would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage, then either destroy this card or put it on top of your deck.

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.

Spoiler

Critical Multiplier: Ongoing--Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.

Writhe HP: 9/14
Doctor Medico HP: 8/13
Mainstay HP: 9/14
Idealist HP: 6/11

Available Powers

Block(Mainstay): Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Extract(Writhe): Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Deck: 30
Spoiler

Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6 HP.
Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.;If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Telekinetic Wallop: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals up to 3 Targets 1 Melee Damage each.I f the Idealist deals this Damage, change the type to Psychic and increase it by 2.
Hippocratic Oath: Ongoing, Signature--Whenever Dr. Medico would deal Damage, prevent that Damage and instead 1 Hero Target regains that much HP. At the end of your turn, if Dr. Medico is active, up to 3 Targets regain 1 HP each.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Trash: 3

Spoiler

Sentinel Tactics: Ongoing, Limited--The first time one of the Sentinels deals Damage each turn you may use a Power.

HP: 16/28

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Grenade Launcher: Equipment, Limited--Power: Bunker deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Bunker may deal a second Target 2 Projectile Damage. Bunker may deal a third Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Turret Mode: Ongoing, Mode--When this card enters play, destroy all other Mode cards. You cannot play or draw cards. You may use an additional power during your power phase. Increase Damage dealt by Bunker by 1. At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card.
Adhesive Foam Grenade: One-Shot--Environmental cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.
Omni-Cannon: Equipment, Limited--At the start of your turn, you may put up to 3 cards from your hand beneath this card.Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Bunker deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed.

Spoiler

Deck: 13
In Play: 2
-Sky Deck--Level
-Propulsion Systems--Structure, HP:7/10

Spoiler

Propulsion SystemsStructure, HP: 10--If this card is reduced to 0 or fewer HP, everyone dies. Game over.
Sky Deck: Level--When this card enters play, destroy any other level cards. Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.

Deaths Jester

I'll play Rest and Recover pulling Left Hook from my pile, use the normal power which means I get four to draw in total. End turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sky-Scraper draws
Spoiler

Catch A Ride: One-Shot, Tiny--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Tiny character card. A hero target other than Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 2 projectile damage. Sky-Scraper deals 1 target dealt damage that way 2 irreducible melee damage.
Colossal Left Hook: One-Shot, Huge--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card.Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 3 melee damage. You may discard a card. If you do, you may play a card.
Thorathian Monolith:Ongoing, Huge--When this card enters play, switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card. Reduce damage dealt to Sky-Scraper by 2. Redirect any damage that would be dealt to a hero target to Sky-Scraper. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Aggression Modulator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of an environment target.Reduce damage dealt by that target to hero targets by 2. Increase damage dealt by that target to villain targets by 1.

It is now Parse's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects

If the Propulsion system is reduced to 0 or less HP, the Heroes lose.(Propulsion System)

Deck: 12
Trash: 4
Under Character Card: 4

Spoiler

Mad Bomber

Size: Normal
HP: 25/33

Available Powers:

Hand: 7
Spoiler

Colossal Left Hook: One-Shot, Huge--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card.Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 3 melee damage. You may discard a card. If you do, you may play a card.
Catch A Ride: One-Shot, Tiny--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Tiny character card. A hero target other than Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 2 projectile damage. Sky-Scraper deals 1 target dealt damage that way 2 irreducible melee damage.
Thorathian Monolith:Ongoing, Huge--When this card enters play, switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card. Reduce damage dealt to Sky-Scraper by 2. Redirect any damage that would be dealt to a hero target to Sky-Scraper. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Aggression Modulator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of an environment target.Reduce damage dealt by that target to hero targets by 2. Increase damage dealt by that target to villain targets by 1.

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Writhe HP: 9/14
Doctor Medico HP: 8/13
Mainstay HP: 9/14
Idealist HP: 6/11

Available Powers

Spoiler

Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.;If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Trash: 3

Spoiler

HP: 16/28

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Deck: 13
In Play: 2
-Sky Deck--Level
-Propulsion Systems--Structure, HP:7/10

Spoiler

Propulsion SystemsStructure, HP: 10--If this card is reduced to 0 or fewer HP, everyone dies. Game over.

Deaths Jester

You need to remove Rest and Recover from my hand Cat. Just used it...

catwhowalksbyhimself

Fixed for next post.

Edit: I forgot to ask if you wanted the debilitator on top of your deck or in your trash?  If you put it on top of your deck, I'll have to redo your hand.