News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse--Game 12

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, September 07, 2017, 01:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Go ahead and trash it, that way you won't have to redo the draw.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Glitch Girl

Discard Between the Lines so that Skyscraper can do more damage.

Play Buffer Overflow.

Use Pinpoint Shot on Baron.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

GG, you might want to use Between the Lines on someone else cause I'm at normal size right now. No damaging power available at that size.

Glitch Girl

Okay, Bunker, Sentinels, who's planning on doing damage this round?  You get a boost.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Reepicheep

Ignore my last post. Realised what you were doing now.

I'll be dealing 2 lots of 2 damage. It sounds as though it applies only to the first instance of damage, so Blade will get an extra 1 damage regardless of which of us you sic it on.

Murdock

Quote from: Glitch Girl on October 03, 2017, 01:18:40 PM
Discard Between the Lines so that Skyscraper can do more damage.

Play Buffer Overflow.

Use Pinpoint Shot on Baron.

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 03, 2017, 02:17:26 PM
GG, you might want to use Between the Lines on someone else cause I'm at normal size right now. No damaging power available at that size.

I believe Glitch Girl discarded Between the Lines so she can use Critical Multiplier to boost one Hero's attack.

I think we really need to flip Mad Bomber Blade as soon as possible. If we don't, he might have another chance to hit and weaken the Propulsion Systems.

Playing Buffer Overflow might be a bad idea. Since i see it as a way to add more cards under Baron Blade card. Thereby increasing his attacks.

Whereas Targeting arrow would allow everyone's attacks to increase.

Sky-Scraper's Rebounding Debilitator is a very good card to defend against Baron Blade's attacks.

Anyways, i'll just help attack Blade when it's my turn.

Taking a break due to RL issues.

Reepicheep

I'd agree about using Targetting Arrow. I'll feel a lot safer once Blade has flipped. Combined with the boost from discarding, I'll do 7 damage on my turn. That'll be half of him gone. Again.

Murdock

I may have been wrong about Buffer Overflow. Since you get to choose when to discard a villain card. I'm assuming if it's a villain target and Parse decides to discard it, it ends up in the Villain trash and not under Blade's card. It will be a gamble that the next villain card played will be something different/better.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Murdock on October 03, 2017, 05:06:49 PM
I may have been wrong about Buffer Overflow. Since you get to choose when to discard a villain card. I'm assuming if it's a villain target and Parse decides to discard it, it ends up in the Villain trash and not under Blade's card. It will be a gamble that the next villain card played will be something different/better.

That is correct.  It only goes under him when it is played.  It can still go into his trash directly.

Also, how is that card being discarded again?  I am not aware of any card effects allowing that.  Discarding cards isn't something you can normally do at will.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

I may be thinking of another game, but I thought you could discard at the top of your round.  Is that not the case?
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on October 03, 2017, 08:33:38 PM
I may be thinking of another game, but I thought you could discard at the top of your round.  Is that not the case?

No, you cannot.  Lots of enemy cards make you discard and Parse has several cards that also let your do so, but you can't just choose to do it.  You will have to hang unto that card for later.

Glitch Girl

okay, in that case, still playing Play Buffer Overflow and  Pinpoint Shot on Baron.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Parse draws
Spoiler

Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.

It is now the Sentinels turn

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever a Villain target enters play it under the villain character card and play the next card in the villain deck. Cards under the Villain character card have no text, are indestructible and are not in play.(Mad Bomber Baron Blade)

Hero Ongoing Effects
The first time each turn one of the Sentinels deals damage, you may use a power.(Sentinel Tactics)
Reduce all damage to all Sentinels by 1.(Block)
When Baron Blade would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage.(Rebounding Debilitator)
Whenever Parse discards a card from hand, give any Hero target +1 damage to their next damage.(Critical Multiplier)

Environment Ongoing Effects
Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.(Sky Deck)
If the Propulsion system is reduced to 0 or less HP, the Heroes lose.(Propulsion System)

Side: Mad Bomber
HP: 11/30

Deck: 12
Trash: 4
Under Character Card: 4
In Play: 0

Spoiler

Mad Bomber
Whenever a Villain Target enters play, put it under this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Cards under this card have no game text, are indestructible, and are not considered in play.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals each non-Villain Target X Fire Damage where X = the number of cards under this card.When Baron Blade would be destroyed, flip Baron Blade's Villain Character card instead.

Maniacal Death Ray Wielder
When Baron Blade flips to this side, restore him to 40 HP. Destroy X Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards, where X = the number of cards under this card. Then, shuffle all cards under this card and the Villain trash into the Villain deck.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of cards in the Villain trash.Whenever a Villain Target enters play, destroy it.

Size: Normal
HP: 25/33

Available Powers:
Surveillance(Normal): Draw 2 cards.
Concussive Clap(Huge): Sky-Scraper deals each non-hero target 2 sonic damage and each hero target 0 sonic damage.
Sneaking(Tiny): Play up to 2 link cards. You may move to your hand either 1 link card from play or 2 links cards from your trash.

Deck: 30
Hand: 7
Spoiler

Colossal Left Hook: One-Shot, Huge--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card.Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 3 melee damage. You may discard a card. If you do, you may play a card.
Catch A Ride: One-Shot, Tiny--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Tiny character card. A hero target other than Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 2 projectile damage. Sky-Scraper deals 1 target dealt damage that way 2 irreducible melee damage.
Colossal Left Hook: One-Shot, Huge--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card.Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 3 melee damage. You may discard a card. If you do, you may play a card.
Thorathian Monolith:Ongoing, Huge--When this card enters play, switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card. Reduce damage dealt to Sky-Scraper by 2. Redirect any damage that would be dealt to a hero target to Sky-Scraper. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Aggression Modulator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of an environment target.Reduce damage dealt by that target to hero targets by 2. Increase damage dealt by that target to villain targets by 1.
Neutralizing Resonator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a villain character card and discard the top card of that villain's deck.At the start of your turn, you may destroy 1 ongoing card.If you do, destroy this card.

Trash: 2
In Play: 1
-Rebounding Debilitator--Equipment, Link, Next to Baron Blade

Spoiler

Rebounding Debilitator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a non-hero target.When that target would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage, then either destroy this card or put it on top of your deck.

HP: 21/26

Available Powers:
Pinpoint Shot: Parse deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage.

Deck: 34
Hand: 3
Spoiler

Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.
Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.

In Play: 2
-Critical Multiplier--Ongoing
-Buffer Overflow--Ongoing

Spoiler

Buffer Overflow:Ongoing--When a villain card would enter play, you may discard it instead and destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, draw a card and play the top card of the villain deck.
Critical Multiplier: Ongoing--Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.

Writhe HP: 9/14
Doctor Medico HP: 8/13
Mainstay HP: 9/14
Idealist HP: 6/11

Available Powers

M.D.(Dr. Medico): 1 Hero Target regains 3 HP.
Telekinetic Jab(Idealist)r: The Idealist deals 1 Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Block(Mainstay): Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Extract(Writhe): Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Hand: 6
Spoiler

Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6 HP.
Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.;If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Telekinetic Wallop: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals up to 3 Targets 1 Melee Damage each.I f the Idealist deals this Damage, change the type to Psychic and increase it by 2.
Hippocratic Oath: Ongoing, Signature--Whenever Dr. Medico would deal Damage, prevent that Damage and instead 1 Hero Target regains that much HP. At the end of your turn, if Dr. Medico is active, up to 3 Targets regain 1 HP each.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Trash: 3

-Sentinel Tactics--Ongoing, Limited

Spoiler

Sentinel Tactics: Ongoing, Limited--The first time one of the Sentinels deals Damage each turn you may use a Power.

HP: 16/28

Available Powers:
Initialize: Draw a card.

Deck: 32
Spoiler

Maintenance Unit: Equipment--Power: Bunker regains 2 HP.
Grenade Launcher: Equipment, Limited--Power: Bunker deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Bunker may deal a second Target 2 Projectile Damage. Bunker may deal a third Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Turret Mode: Ongoing, Mode--When this card enters play, destroy all other Mode cards. You cannot play or draw cards. You may use an additional power during your power phase. Increase Damage dealt by Bunker by 1. At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card.
Decommissioned Hardware: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card in your trash and put it into play.
Adhesive Foam Grenade: One-Shot--Environmental cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.
Decommissioned Hardware: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card in your trash and put it into play.
Omni-Cannon: Equipment, Limited--At the start of your turn, you may put up to 3 cards from your hand beneath this card.Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Bunker deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed.

Spoiler

Deck: 13
Trash: 0
-Sky Deck--Level
-Propulsion Systems--Structure, HP:7/10

Spoiler

Propulsion SystemsStructure, HP: 10--If this card is reduced to 0 or fewer HP, everyone dies. Game over.
Sky Deck: Level--When this card enters play, destroy any other level cards. Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.

Reepicheep

I'll play Positive Energy to hit blade. With the damage, I'll play block and finally I'll hit Blade with Telekinetic Jab. Then I'll pray for mercy.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Sentinels draw
Spoiler

Good Hero - Bad Hero: One-Shot--Your Hero Target with the lowest HP regains 3 HP. If Mainstay is active, he may deal 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.

It is now Bunker's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever a Villain target enters play it under the villain character card and play the next card in the villain deck. Cards under the Villain character card have no text, are indestructible and are not in play.(Mad Bomber Baron Blade)

Hero Ongoing Effects
The first time each turn one of the Sentinels deals damage, you may use a power.(Sentinel Tactics)
When Baron Blade would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage.(Rebounding Debilitator)
Whenever Parse discards a card from hand, give any Hero target +1 damage to their next damage.(Critical Multiplier)

If the Propulsion system is reduced to 0 or less HP, the Heroes lose.(Propulsion System)

HP: 7/30

Spoiler

Mad Bomber
Whenever a Villain Target enters play, put it under this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Cards under this card have no game text, are indestructible, and are not considered in play.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals each non-Villain Target X Fire Damage where X = the number of cards under this card.When Baron Blade would be destroyed, flip Baron Blade's Villain Character card instead.

When Baron Blade flips to this side, restore him to 40 HP. Destroy X Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards, where X = the number of cards under this card. Then, shuffle all cards under this card and the Villain trash into the Villain deck.At the start of the Villain turn, Baron Blade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of cards in the Villain trash.Whenever a Villain Target enters play, destroy it.

HP: 26/33

Available Powers:
Concussive Clap(Huge): Sky-Scraper deals each non-hero target 2 sonic damage and each hero target 0 sonic damage.
Sneaking(Tiny): Play up to 2 link cards. You may move to your hand either 1 link card from play or 2 links cards from your trash.

Spoiler

Catch A Ride: One-Shot, Tiny--Switch to Sky-Scraper's Tiny character card. A hero target other than Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 2 projectile damage. Sky-Scraper deals 1 target dealt damage that way 2 irreducible melee damage.
Thorathian Monolith:Ongoing, Huge--When this card enters play, switch to Sky-Scraper's Huge character card. Reduce damage dealt to Sky-Scraper by 2. Redirect any damage that would be dealt to a hero target to Sky-Scraper. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Aggression Modulator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of an environment target.Reduce damage dealt by that target to hero targets by 2. Increase damage dealt by that target to villain targets by 1.
Neutralizing Resonator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a villain character card and discard the top card of that villain's deck.At the start of your turn, you may destroy 1 ongoing card.If you do, destroy this card.

Spoiler

Rebounding Debilitator: Equipment, Link--Play this card in front of a non-hero target.When that target would deal 3 or more damage, prevent that damage, then either destroy this card or put it on top of your deck.

HP: 22/26

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.

Spoiler

Buffer Overflow:Ongoing--When a villain card would enter play, you may discard it instead and destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, draw a card and play the top card of the villain deck.
Critical Multiplier: Ongoing--Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.

Writhe HP: 10/14
Doctor Medico HP: 9/13
Mainstay HP: 10/14
Idealist HP: 7/11

Available Powers

Block(Mainstay): Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Extract(Writhe): Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Spoiler

Good Hero - Bad Hero: One-Shot--Your Hero Target with the lowest HP regains 3 HP. If Mainstay is active, he may deal 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.
Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6 HP.
Telekinetic Wallop: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals up to 3 Targets 1 Melee Damage each.I f the Idealist deals this Damage, change the type to Psychic and increase it by 2.
Hippocratic Oath: Ongoing, Signature--Whenever Dr. Medico would deal Damage, prevent that Damage and instead 1 Hero Target regains that much HP. At the end of your turn, if Dr. Medico is active, up to 3 Targets regain 1 HP each.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.

Spoiler

Sentinel Tactics: Ongoing, Limited--The first time one of the Sentinels deals Damage each turn you may use a Power.

HP: 17/28

Available Powers:

Deck: 32
Spoiler

Grenade Launcher: Equipment, Limited--Power: Bunker deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Bunker may deal a second Target 2 Projectile Damage. Bunker may deal a third Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Turret Mode: Ongoing, Mode--When this card enters play, destroy all other Mode cards. You cannot play or draw cards. You may use an additional power during your power phase. Increase Damage dealt by Bunker by 1. At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card.
Adhesive Foam Grenade: One-Shot--Environmental cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.
Omni-Cannon: Equipment, Limited--At the start of your turn, you may put up to 3 cards from your hand beneath this card.Power: Destroy all cards beneath this card. Bunker deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed.

Spoiler

-Sky Deck--Level
-Propulsion Systems--Structure, HP:7/10

Spoiler

Propulsion SystemsStructure, HP: 10--If this card is reduced to 0 or fewer HP, everyone dies. Game over.
Sky Deck: Level--When this card enters play, destroy any other level cards. Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.

Murdock

I'll equip Grenade Launcher to hit Blade.

Deaths Jester

<notices Cat's not paying attention to Murdock's play or the cards> Hmm...<quickly he flips Blade's card over and sets the hp to zero> Hehehe...

catwhowalksbyhimself

Reepicheep

Glitch Girl

Whoo!  Parades and accolades for all!

"... but it was all a DREAM!" Dun dun DUN!
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Alright, you lot, back in your rooms.  The inmates will not be running this asylum.

Bunker draws
Spoiler

External Combustion: One-Shot--Bunker deals himself 2 Fire Damage and deals each non-Hero Target 3 Fire Damage.

It is now MDP's turn.

Start: None

Play: Battalion Mechanic:Minion, HP:2--At the end of the Environment turn, each Structure card regains 1 HP.

End: Propulsion Systems regains 1 HP.

It is now Baron Blade's turn

Start: None-Villain targets take 4 damage, except the Sentinels take only 3.  The Mechanic goes down and is sucked under his deck.

Play: Slash and Burn: One-Shot--Baron Blade deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) Melee Damage. Baron Blade deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) plus 2 Fire Damage.

Idealist takes 3 damage.  Sky-scraper takes 6 damage.

End: nothing

It is now Sky-Scraper's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects

HP: 7/30

Spoiler

Mad Bomber

HP: 16/33

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP: 18/26

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Writhe HP: 7/14
Doctor Medico HP: 6/13
Mainstay HP: 7/14
Idealist HP: 1/11

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP: 13/28

Available Powers:

Deck: 31
Spoiler

External Combustion: One-Shot--Bunker deals himself 2 Fire Damage and deals each non-Hero Target 3 Fire Damage.

-Grenade Launcher--Equipment, Limited

Spoiler

-Sky Deck--Level
-Propulsion Systems--Structure, HP:4/10

Spoiler

Battalion Mechanic: Minion, HP:2--At the end of the Environment turn, each Structure card regains 1 HP.
Propulsion Systems: Structure, HP: 10--If this card is reduced to 0 or fewer HP, everyone dies. Game over.

Deaths Jester

Alright, I'll use Left Hook on Blade and discard the Aggression Modulator via the Hook's secondary text to play Thorathian Monolith, follow that with a clap and draw a card to end it all.

EDIT: We'll probably flip Blade this turn, so I'll hold off on the discard and play of Monolith. So my move should look like this:

Left hook, clap, draw one, end turn.

Reepicheep

Glitch Girl

Real quick: do you guys want to suffer Slash and Burn?  I can negate it but something else might happen.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on October 10, 2017, 03:36:53 PM
Real quick: do you guys want to suffer Slash and Burn?  I can negate it but something else might happen.

I forgot to give you that option sorry.  I will pause until you decide for sure.

Deaths Jester

Might keep Reep from taking damage..I don't mind myself.

Reepicheep

I can deal with single target attacks, and if the Idealist goes down I have the means to bring him back.

It's the damage to everyone that worries me. It's, like, 12 damage a round for me.

Carry on, this is fine. It's all good. Nobody's panicking. Are you panicking? I'm not panicking.

Deaths Jester

Well, once we flip him this round you won't have that 12 a round damage to worry about Reep...at least in the beginning...

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 10, 2017, 11:42:43 PM
Well, once we flip him this round you won't have that 12 a round damage to worry about Reep...at least in the beginning...

He switches to hitting only the highest hp target and starts over with zero damage.

Deaths Jester

Exactly...course that also means I'll be beat on then...